Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demon's Souls - PS5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

SomeSayKos wrote: »
    Judging by what you said a couple of posts up in terms of your progress I reckon you have another 2 or 3 hours left.

Ah shame, wish there was more of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Just finished 5-2, honestly after all the build up about how terrible it is, I was still surprised about ****ing godawful it was. I genuinely don’t know how anyone played this ****e at 10 FPS with no visibility. There was a whole area next to the fog door but I was hating it so much I didn’t bother and went straight to the boss, which was also a load of bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 29,487 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I've finished 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 3-1 and 4-1. Tackling 1-3 atm but have decided to stop bouncing between games and lash into this proper as i really want to clear it before cyberpunk.

I got the fireball for my slightly magic Knight but my biggest dilemma is do i use/upgrade my falchion crest sword or dragon long sword...

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

I'm waiting for the PS5 version of Cyberpunk. Have loads of time to play Demon's Souls. Lulz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I'm waiting for the PS5 version of Cyberpunk. Have loads of time to play Demon's Souls. Lulz.

Am I right in saying the proper PS5 patch is not coming until next year? Bit odd a move, but I understand the devs would be up to their eyes getting the title super ready for regular launch...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

sticker wrote: »
    Am I right in saying the proper PS5 patch is not coming until next year? Bit odd a move, but I understand the devs would be up to their eyes getting the title super ready for regular launch...

Yeah. Not 'til next year.

The main reason I'm waiting is because I've seen the PS4 footage and how barren the city streets are in comparison to PC.

I read there will be a patch on launch for the PS5 for better performance and visuals but the official next gen patch will be 'some time 21'. The ps5 patch opposed to the total will be good enough for me, waited long enough for the bloody thing and with one of the devs posting his current unfinished playthrough of 175 hours, I'm sure I'll get a fresh playthrough with the PS5 upgrade when that gets released.

As for DS, i absolutely wrecked 1-3 and then realised i had most of the items to get Yuria as i read about it before. Turns out I'm missing the Official's gloves and need to get it in 2-1 or 2-2 so feck that, will come back to it later. Feel like I'm on a roll. I completely forgot about Ostrava, nice seeing him again.

Yeah. Not 'til next year.

The main reason I'm waiting is because I've seen the PS4 footage and how barren the city streets are in comparison to PC.

Agreed 100%. I've the collectors edition preordered but want to keep this puppy for optimum PS5 code. I've a ton of great games still to play like Hades, Ghost of Tsushima and Control not to mention a still shrink wrapped Quest2 to throw time into HL Alyx. Cyberpunk can wait for the fine tuned PS5 patch.

Just beat the penetrator, got some unexpected help from an npc and my fireball made absolute bits of him first go, felt kinda cheap....

Shoutout to Markitron for recommending fireball for maneater, over in no time...or so i thought (bastard!), Still handy though.

At the moment, i have the following left:
    1-4, 3-3, 4-3 and 5-1. Haven't even gone into the valley yet but think I'll head there next to get it out of the way.

Rocking the tower great shield which i love but even naked i can't quick roll but i guess i don't have to with this beast.

• Advertisement

I was going for a strength build but want to try some magic now - I started with Temple Knight, but spells are not working for me with wooden catalyst in hand? I'm level 16 magic after a bit of farming...

Edit - I never upgraded intelligence! - So I need Magic and Intelligence points to perform spells?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

You need intelligence to unlock spell slots to equip spells.

You mean Tower Knight? Actually a terrible boss to try magic on - much better to get in close and hack away at his feet (and then head) :)

You need intelligence to unlock spell slots to equip spells.

You mean Tower Knight? Actually a terrible boss to try magic on - much better to get in close and hack away at his feet (and then head) :)

Thanks - No I meant my starting class was temple Knight :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,098 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thanks - No I meant my starting class was temple Knight :p

Ah my fault, sorry :)

Fuuuuuuuck Saaaaaaaakke - Old Monk
    Watched the cutscene, oh he looks cool....ah that's were that hat comes from.....oh 2 red phantoms on a narrow corridor, cool. Okay fog gate, enter, backstabbed and killed in 1 hit. I'm guessing 'FatherGascoigne' is an actual black phantom player. Nice twist.

Ah my fault, sorry :)

No worries

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Watched the cutscene, oh he looks cool....ah that's were that hat comes from.....oh 2 red phantoms on a narrow corridor, cool. Okay fog gate, enter, backstabbed and killed in 1 hit. I'm guessing 'FatherGascoigne' is an actual black phantom player. Nice twist.

Ha,
    turned off the network
    for this fight, **** you DS, onto the next one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Yup,
    put down my summon sign to on a nearby level and got sucked in there twice. First time had my hat handed to me, second time I earned that lovely turban..
    Surprised me when it happened, had forgotten all about it

Taltos wrote: »
    Yup,
    put down my summon sign to on a nearby level and got sucked in there twice. First time had my hat handed to me, second time I earned that lovely turban..
    Surprised me when it happened, had forgotten all about it

Ah so you get the hat if you put down your summon sign and actually get called, that's class.

Need help... I have the wooden catalyst and magic bought but I cannot attune it in nexus npc. I started with temple knight class... I have 9 intelligence and 17 magic.

Any ideas why attune is greyed out? Thanks...

• Advertisement

Need help... I have the wooden catalyst and magic bought but I cannot attune it in nexus npc. I started with temple knight class... I have 9 intelligence and 17 magic.

Any ideas why attune is greyed out? Thanks...

Level up Intelligence. Once you hit level 10, you get one slot and can attune 1 spell.
    Increases available Spell Memory slots

Intelligence Level 1 to 9 not slots available.
    Intelligence Level 10 to 13 grants you 1 Slot
    Intelligence Level 14 to 17 grants you 2 Slots
    Intelligence Level 18 to 23 grants you 3 Slots
    Intelligence Level 24 to 29 grants you 4 Slots
    Intelligence Level 30 to 39 grants you 5 Slots
    Intelligence Level 40 to 99 grants 6 Slots (it is the maximum slots available)

Level up Intelligence. Once you hit level 10, you get one slot and can attune 1 spell.
    Increases available Spell Memory slots

Intelligence Level 1 to 9 not slots available.
    Intelligence Level 10 to 13 grants you 1 Slot
    Intelligence Level 14 to 17 grants you 2 Slots
    Intelligence Level 18 to 23 grants you 3 Slots
    Intelligence Level 24 to 29 grants you 4 Slots
    Intelligence Level 30 to 39 grants you 5 Slots
    Intelligence Level 40 to 99 grants 6 Slots (it is the maximum slots available)

I have 10 intelligence but attune is still greyed out! Do I need to hold catalyst in certain hand to attune?!

I'm using talisman of god

Edit.. had 9 intelligence! Looks like I'm not that bright!!

Thanks

I've been going for a strength build with long sword+7 - still early game only 2 bosses down - been farming a lot! But my stat rerquirment for each level is now 16K+ souls. Should I try to push to the 16 intelligence to get a 2nd slot or would this be a waste of levels on a build that each level needs progressively more souls?

Thanks

2020-12-02_15-20-37.png

You can get a ring for a 2nd slot, might be handier to google the location and get that instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SomeSayKos

If I was doing a strength build I'd prioritize getting strength up to 30 and upping vitality and endurance up a bit. Once I got them up I'd start thinking about intelligence then maybe. That's what I did for my first playthrough

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I've been going for a strength build with long sword+7 - still early game only 2 bosses down - been farming a lot! But my stat rerquirment for each level is now 16K+ souls. Should I try to push to the 16 intelligence to get a 2nd slot or would this be a waste of levels on a build that each level needs progressively more souls?

Thanks

At SL53 with only 2 bosses down, you are way overpowered and should be able to plough through most levels and by then you would be overpowered for end game.

Approx. SL75 is pretty much end game level.

You should be flicking the enemies off you like ants.

F1ngers wrote: »
    At SL53 with only 2 bosses down, you are way overpowered and should be able to plough through most levels and by then you would be overpowered for end game.

Approx. SL75 is pretty much end game level.

You should be flicking the enemies off you like ants.

True! I always do this with souls games tbh. I never played a magic build so wanted to give it a try. The kicker is the ever increasing souls requirements!

But you're probably right... might stick with what I have built on.

Thanks

Edit are there better soul farming spots ahead deeper in the game? I'm looking ritual path at present.. just got a war scythe drop from the reaper and a good few chunks..

You can get a ring for a 2nd slot, might be handier to google the location and get that instead.

Cheers... that ring might be just the ticket! Will research finding it.

Get that equipment burden down as well - 70% is very high. You’ll run into big problems rolling and dodging effectively at that current rate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I was running around with armor with high equip load, no fast rolling.

Fast rolling is a game changer.

Will go through new game+ at the weekend or start this evening. Know I missed loads of stuff on the first run through.

Advertisement