Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭quokula

Just had a look at my trophies for a couple of games and I don’t seem to have any videos, just icons for each trophy. Has a look in settings and the trophy videos are switched on. Am I looking in the right place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

quokula wrote: »
    Just had a look at my trophies for a couple of games and I don’t seem to have any videos, just icons for each trophy. Has a look in settings and the trophy videos are switched on. Am I looking in the right place?

Are you in trophies? The videos save to media gallery

• Registered Users Posts: 11,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Phil.x wrote: »
    Sorry, should of said, a difference between disc game and download game.

Outside of being able to re-sell the game and the price of the game, the differences would be down to the version of the specific game which may come with extras.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

I'm looking for a 40" TV for my PS5 - for an attic space - so dont want to go any bigger.

I'm swamped with options in sales but dont know what to go for. Any recommendations? Thanks

EdIt: this looks good but a bit on the high side budget wise... Ideally would like to spend up to €400 if possible.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/samsung-qe43q60tauxxu-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-qled-tv-with-bixby-alexa-google-assistant-10206249-pdt.html

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

sticker wrote: »
    I'm looking for a 40" TV for my PS5 - for an attic space - so dont want to go any bigger.

I'm swamped with options in sales but dont know what to go for. Any recommendations? Thanks

EdIt: this looks good but a bit on the high side budget wise... Ideally would like to spend up to €400 if possible.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/samsung-qe43q60tauxxu-43-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-qled-tv-with-bixby-alexa-google-assistant-10206249-pdt.html

This site is what I use to read up on TVs: (link below is to that model)

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q60-q60t-qled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Console just froze while playing Spiderman MM. Pushing the power button was the only thing that worked. Console rebooted, repaired, fixed external hard drive and is now frozen on a black screen.

Fcuk

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Console just froze while playing Spiderman MM. Pushing the power button was the only thing that worked. Console rebooted, repaired, fixed external hard drive and is now frozen on a black screen.

Fcuk

I'm avoiding playing from an external - seems to be root cause of issues. Must be to do with read speeds or something.

This site is what I use to read up on TVs: (link below is to that model)

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q60-q60t-qled

Cheers mate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

sticker wrote: »
    Cheers mate

HDTVTest on Youtube is also pretty decent. He's UK based too so talks directly about the European models of TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I'm avoiding playing from an external - seems to be root cause of issues. Must be to do with read speeds or something.

It wouldn't surprise me. I've found issues with frame skipping at the start of ps4 games. Bloodborne, Control, Crash Trilogy Remaster, Shadow of the Collossus - all the same issue. Only happens at the start, for 4 or 5 secs.

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    HDTVTest on Youtube is also pretty decent. He's UK based too so talks directly about the European models of TVs.

Thanks! - Gas intro explaining his Covid Precautions

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Fcuk

Try power draining it unplug it from the wall and hold down the power button while disconnected to discharge the PSU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭quokula

Are you in trophies? The videos save to media gallery

Ah found them now thanks. I thought they'd be embedded in the trophies on the trophy screen, not recorded as a separate video in the media gallery.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

quokula wrote: »
    Ah found them now thanks. I thought they'd be embedded in the trophies on the trophy screen, not recorded as a separate video in the media gallery.

Yea, i would think that would be the standard as going through the gallery is clunky

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone know of its okay to plug in the DS5 controller to a USB plug? I have a one plus plug and LG plug, would be far handier to plug it in beside the couch and play but don't want to make the long term battery worse

• Registered Users Posts: 19,154 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Anyone know of its okay to plug in the DS5 controller to a USB plug? I have a one plus plug and LG plug, would be far handier to plug it in beside the couch and play but don't want to make the long term battery worse

I've been charging mine at the wall and it's been fine so far.

Although, I tried to use my One Plus charger and it simply didn't charge it

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭dingledosser

No issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭Dave0301

OK folks, I’m opening a book on which comes first:

- Dave’s Demon’s Souls platinum trophy
    - Non-Launch PS5 pre-orders from GameStop

:)

The platinum in Demon's Souls just popped for me...so I hope that GameStop has delivered in the meantime :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭MikeRyan87

MrStuffins wrote: »
    I've been charging mine at the wall and it's been fine so far.

Although, I tried to use my One Plus charger and it simply didn't charge it

That's weird my oneplus wall charger works fine with it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

My one+ cable works too, plugged into socket.

• Advertisement

I thought with the one plus quick charge, it might be bad for the ds5 battery, do ye find the fast charge works with it at least?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,286 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

I thought with the one plus quick charge, it might be bad for the ds5 battery, do ye find the fast charge works with it at least?

I just tested it, I use my pc and cable that came with PS5 to charge the controllers/headset.

F1ngers wrote: »
    I just tested it, use my pc to charge the controllers/headset.

Cool, with my ps4, i bought. Generic usb cable from cex, longest they had and could play no problem with it plugged into console but heard reports that generic cables damage the battery and genetic plugs do the same but hard to get any confirmation. I'm not buying a 2nd ds5 for quite some time and won't be getting a charging stand so gonna plough on with the plug. Thanks lads

Also, i wish Sony would update the charging indicator from bars to something a little more reliable. 2 bars could be ****ing anything. Percentage would be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah and, like I said before, the same with charging. The indicator shows the same at 10% as it does at 90% when charging

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

Cant understand why o many people where adamant about using and ext drive from day1.
    Makes no sense to me at all especially with all the reported trouble. Jesus...Just play a couple of new games on your ps5. Its baffles me.

Im not planning on needing any ext mem for ages. and I 100% will not be playing any backward compatible games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Parsnips wrote: »
    Cant understand why o many people where adamant about using and ext drive from day1.
    Makes no sense to me at all especially with all the reported trouble. Jesus...Just play a couple of new games on your ps5. Its baffles me.

Im not planning on needing any ext mem for ages. and I 100% will not be playing any backward compatible games.

It's anecdotal, I've not had an issue with mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

duploelabs wrote: »
    It's anecdotal, I've not had an issue with mine

same, mine has worked absolutely fine

• Registered Users Posts: 27,888 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

TitianGerm wrote: »
    That's not an SSD you've linked to.

FFS! I searched SSD and that's what came up.

Advertisement