Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,827 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

FFS! I searched SSD and that's what came up.

You're going to be paying the guts of €350 for a 4TB external SSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

TitianGerm wrote: »
    You're going to be paying the guts of €350 for a 4TB external SSD.

That seems massively excessive for some PS4 games that you can just download whenever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,827 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Markitron wrote: »
    That seems massively excessive for some PS4 games that you can just download whenever you want.

He's looking for a 4TB SSD I assume. External SSD should load games much faster than a HDD anyway so up to the other poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

Better to have excess than too little space.

On PS4 I had permanent games like Modern Warfare, BFV, Borderlands 3, Overwatch, and Rainbow 6; Siege, Killzone: Shadowfall, and DiRT 2.0. All multiplayer games I play all the time and which won't all fit on my PS5, in fact I can only fit 2. Deleting and downloading them as I want to play them is a terrible option.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

On PS4 I had permanent games like Modern Warfare, BFV, Borderlands 3, Overwatch, and Rainbow 6; Siege, Killzone: Shadowfall, and DiRT 2.0. All multiplayer games I play all the time and which won't all fit on my PS5. Deleting and downloading them as I want to play them is a terrible option.

Fair enough, I don't really play multiplayer games myself, I download games, play them and delete them when I'm finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

F1ngers wrote: »
    My one+ cable works too, plugged into socket.

Yeah it's a weird one alright. No idea why it wouldn't work but maybe I'll try it again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭quokula

Fair enough, I don't really play multiplayer games myself, I download games, play them and delete them when I'm finished.

Same here, 6 years into the last generation and I never came close to needing an external drive for either console. Don't really fancy ever having one as it would really mess up the currently tidy tv cabinet.

I find it surprising so many people do use them, especially on a brand new console where you could likely buy the entire library and still not fill it up. I was switching between Miles Morales and Assassin's Creed for a bit and that was a struggle with the different control mappings. Couldn't imagine switching between a dozen different games constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

On PS4 I had permanent games like Modern Warfare, BFV, Borderlands 3, Overwatch, and Rainbow 6; Siege, Killzone: Shadowfall, and DiRT 2.0. All multiplayer games I play all the time and which won't all fit on my PS5, in fact I can only fit 2. Deleting and downloading them as I want to play them is a terrible option.

You can only fit two of those games on your PS5? I don't know, that seems a bit off to me...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I hadn't a notion that those with PS+ on a PS5 now had access to PS4 games like Fallout, God of war and more. I really like those games and they now load much faster on the PS5.

I only knew it from this thread where somebody said people on Japan were getting caught out selling log in access to the PS5 to access free games.

You can only fit two of those games on your PS5? I don't know, that seems a bit off to me...

My mistake. It's actually 3.5. I can fit the MP section of MW on, but not whole game.

So all I have on my PS5 is Demon's Souls, The Last of Us 2, Dirt 2.0, Borderlands 3, Siege, MW MP, Astro's Playroom, and Bugsnax. That's it. Near full.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    I hadn't a notion that those with PS+ on a PS5 now had access to PS4 games like Fallout, God of war and more. I really like those games and they now load much faster on the PS5.

I only knew it from this thread where somebody said people on Japan were getting caught out selling log in access to the PS5 to access free games.

I already had every one of those games but Final Fantasy. Lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Parsnips wrote: »
    Cant understand why o many people where adamant about using and ext drive from day1.
    Makes no sense to me at all especially with all the reported trouble. Jesus...Just play a couple of new games on your ps5. Its baffles me.

Im not planning on needing any ext mem for ages. and I 100% will not be playing any backward compatible games.

Your quoted text was in reply to me, and i wasn't "adamant" in the slightest. I held off. For 2 firmware updates to the PS5.

It happened to me with Spiderman MM. The same thing happened to me on Day 1, with no external drive inserted, and within 5 mins of turning on the machine.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,109 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

PS Camera / VR adapter came through this morning, fairly painless and quick process considering it’s free. That’s the kind of thing I’d have imagined showing up in six months randomly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Berty wrote: »

I signed up on Friday to PS+ and love having access to all those games, especially since I never had a PS4! The Last of Us is great so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Parsnips

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Your quoted text was in reply to me, and i wasn't "adamant" in the slightest. I held off. For 2 firmware updates to the PS5.

It happened to me with Spiderman MM. The same thing happened to me on Day 1, with no external drive inserted, and within 5 mins of turning on the machine.

Fair enough. Seems some people have been very unlucky with their newPS5.
    We all know how early adopters can get shafted with tech
    I personally wouldnt be adding in other factors that would help make it worse

• Registered Users Posts: 11,352 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

madmoe wrote: »
    I signed up on Friday to PS+ and love having access to all those games, especially since I never had a PS4! The Last of Us is great so far.

That really is ideal that you're coming to it with so little exposure to some of those games. Enjoy them, you've some classics ahead of you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

In other news, my Camera Adapter for the PSVR arrived this morning. Can't get enough of Astrobot these days, so Rescue Mission is gonna be played to death over the coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Yeah it's a weird one alright. No idea why it wouldn't work but maybe I'll try it again

Tried this again.

I have a Dash Charge (from One Plus 6) and Warp Charge (One Plus 7)

Both cables work when attached to regular USB plugs.

Warp charge + cable works

However, Dash charge + cable doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MikeRyan87

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    In other news, my Camera Adapter for the PSVR arrived this morning. Can't get enough of Astrobot these days, so Rescue Mission is gonna be played to death over the coming days

Waiting for my adapter to go back for the platinum.
    What a game!
    Final boss challenge causing me trouble...can't get hit at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Evilbart

Interesting article here that discovered the ps5 actually has two different fan variants.

One has more blades and is slightly quieter than the other variant.

https://www.glitched.online/ps5-has-two-different-fans-and-you-are-lucky-if-you-get-the-quieter-one/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Evilbart wrote: »
    Interesting article here that discovered the ps5 actually has two different fan variants.

One has more blades and is slightly quieter than the other variant.

https://www.glitched.online/ps5-has-two-different-fans-and-you-are-lucky-if-you-get-the-quieter-one/

Expected something like this to pop up, and perhaps more similar on the way. Hope I'm one of the lucky ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

For the TV buffs here - I'm using this TV below in my sitting room and TBH I'm delighted with the picture etc on PS5 - Its an older Sony...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KD-55XE8396-400-Hz-TV/dp/B0742L9HG6

I am thinking of putting this in my attic and moving PS5 there:

A 2020 Samsung: https://powercity.ie/product/43TU8500

Would the Samsung have a comparable picture to the older Sony?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

That 8 series Sony would have a better picture than the Samsung. Samsung has a tendency to over saturate the colour.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Darren 83 wrote: »
    That 8 series Sony would have a better picture than the Samsung. Samsung has a tendency to over saturate the colour.

Cheers - I have a €400 - €450 budget - would anything 2020 come close to the 8 series Sony? Looking foir 43" as I've limited space

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

sticker wrote: »
    Cheers - I have a €400 - €450 budget - would anything 2020 come close to the 8 series Sony? Looking foir 43" as I've limited space

A Samsung Qled would come close to an 8 series Sony, the tv you have picked is a good set don’t get me wrong just wouldn’t compare to a Sony.

On the topic of TV's.....if you had the money which of these two would you get and why!?

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/lg-55-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-oled-tv-oled55cx5lb.html

https://powercity.ie/product/55NANO95

Thanks guys, will be pulling the trigger very soon!

M

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

On the topic of TV's.....if you had the money which of these two would you get and why!?

https://www.harveynorman.ie/tvs-headphones/hd-tvs/all-tvs/lg-55-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-oled-tv-oled55cx5lb.html

https://powercity.ie/product/55NANO95

Thanks guys, will be pulling the trigger very soon!

M

OLED no questions asked. I’ll never go back to LCD again.

LG LCDs are crap as well btw

OLED no questions asked. I’ll never go back to LCD again.

LG LCDs are crap as well btw

So is the Nanocell one LCD then? I'm confused.....

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

So is the Nanocell one LCD then? I'm confused.....

Yeah it’s an LCD. I’d 100% go for the OLED.

• Advertisement

Yeah it’s an LCD. I’d 100% go for the OLED.

Thanks mate, I was leaning towards it anyhow, everyone seems to be recommending it ;-)

M

Advertisement