Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Jaysus God if War looks and feels incredible. First playthrough of it. My word. Playing with headset also for first time really, takes some getting used to but sound is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Astro is some fun and really great demonstration of what the dual sense can do, if developers bother to use the features. Hopefully at least the first party stuff will use it.

Also, the fell of the controller is way better than the dual shock 4. Its feel genuinely comfortable to hold. Its definitely up there with the Xbox and Nintendo pro controller for comfort now.

Once Astro is done will dive into Spider-man!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Haven't seen anyone mention Sackboy, is it terrible? Or just that there's no interest in it compared to demons souls and spiderman?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Tsdckcaj

Mine arrived from Smyths this morning so I guess I shouldn't be too hard on them. Very happy with the file sizes of Spider-Man and Demon Souls compared to last gen.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

2nd shutdown playing Cold War: Zombies.
    Need to reinstall system software from safe mode.

Not liking this one bit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

F1ngers wrote: »

Not liking this one bit.

If this happens to me I'm going to go postal.
    All the excitement and scrounging for a unit.
    500 smackers and it doesn't run?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭irish_stevo815

Finished the Memory area in Astro, and while it is amazing, the blowing into the controller nearly killed me. I'm a smoking asthmatic so found those difficult. But learned simply roaring at the controller also works!

Giving it a break, trying out Valhalla. Loads a lot quicker than the PS4 version.
    Played this section last night and had a headset on. Took me ages to realise that I needed to blow into the mic on the headset rather than into the controller.. ..felt like an awful eejit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Not liking this one bit.

You using an external drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,476 ✭✭✭Dave0301

I definitely wouldn't be trying for the plat on DS, feck that!

Just getting ready to load it up. It'll be the first platinum I go for on the PS5.

Yes, I am a glutton for punishment!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Okay Okay I did turn Astro back on and jesus it sucks you into it. Wait that green just killed me, I'm going to get past him before finishing my lunch break. Oh look something to interact with and you're drag into the game.

I also got the chance to get a feel for the adaptive triggers in Legion. It is weird, I was like why did the gun fire then but not now? The driving in the game is much better, cars don't drive 300mph, they seem rather "normal".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,926 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not liking this one bit.

COD is causing some Series X to go mad as well but not to the extent of needing a system software reinstall.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Varik wrote: »
    You using an external drive.

No, only port being used is the front one for the pulse headset.
    Charging controllers off PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Dave0301 wrote: »
    Just getting ready to load it up. It'll be the first platinum I go for on the PS5.

Yes, I am a glutton for punishment!

OK folks, I’m opening a book on which comes first:

- Dave’s Demon’s Souls platinum trophy
    - Non-Launch PS5 pre-orders from GameStop

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Haven't seen anyone mention Sackboy, is it terrible? Or just that there's no interest in it compared to demons souls and spiderman?

It's actually really sad because Sackboy is brilliant but it's just getting overshadowed by Miles and Demon's. If you like 3D Platformers, seriously, you will not regret picking this game up. This is an absolute top tier 3D Platformer and up to the same standard as Super Mario 3D World.

The music, haptics, visuals, gameplay are all stellar in Sackboy and this is a bit of a hidden gem of a game at the moment.

It has these brilliant levels where the level itself and the sound effects are timed to a song, like this one with Bruno Mars' Uptown Funk: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKjEfN_3gnM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I've heard a lot of good things about it, you're right in saying that there's just no interest right now. There's a lot of big games out at the minute that would be taking up people's time. Like you said, Demon Souls and Spider-Man, and then there's Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs etc.

I'll probably pick it up when it's on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,915 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Jim Ryan teasing a Gamepass type announcement.

https://tass.com/economy/1225233
    - How will you respond to Microsoft’s Game Pass?

- There is actually news to come, but just not today. We have PlayStation Now which is our subscription service, and that is available in a number of markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭quokula

Wing126 wrote: »
    I've heard a lot of good things about it, you're right in saying that there's just no interest right now. There's a lot of big games out at the minute that would be taking up people's time. Like you said, Demon Souls and Spider-Man, and then there's Assassin's Creed, Watch Dogs etc.

I'll probably pick it up when it's on sale.

I picked it up and regretting it. Did the first few levels and coming from Astro's Playroom it's just not in the same league. Feels like a very basic by the numbers platform game, with LBP aesthetics that do look good, but nothing else of what made LBP unique.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Played this section last night and had a headset on. Took me ages to realise that I needed to blow into the mic on the headset rather than into the controller.. ..felt like an awful eejit.

Ah, you're not alone there, because I just learned that right now.

Also just realised there is a separate download for the PS5 version of Valhalla, so downloading that now. Was beginning to think the improvements were strictly to do with loading!

Also have Ghost of Tsushima queued to download. Supposed to be a huge visual improvement.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

Watch dogs legion already on sale on PSN for €45.

I think it looks terrible but might interest someone here at sale price.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Johnrazz

https://twitter.com/vanbanter/status/1329519174230663170?s=21

Honestly hate these clout chasing dragged up little d1ckheads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

It took nearly 9 hours today to copy Mortal Kombat 11 and apply the PS5 update which came to about 100GB in the end, has anyone else has similar lengths as this is even worse than PS4 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,915 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For anyone looking for how to save some space by stopping the trophy video recording
    https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/11/ps5-turn-off-automatically-recording-trophies/

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Tom1991

First crash there playing Spider-Man remaster after 3 hours system is cool and no strange noises so hoping it’s only a bug a patch can fix

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Xenji wrote: »
    It took nearly 9 hours today to copy Mortal Kombat 11 and apply the PS5 update which came to about 100GB in the end, has anyone else has similar lengths as this is even worse than PS4 times.

Yeah, I think it downloaded the whole thing again, this time on the PS5 directly. I left it over night in rest mode so it and a few other downloads could finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Finished the Memory area in Astro, and while it is amazing, the blowing into the controller nearly killed me. I'm a smoking asthmatic so found those difficult. But learned simply roaring at the controller also works!

Probably too late for you but for anyone else with the same problem if you mute the microphone on the mic I think it does it automatically.

Got the platinum earlier and I don't think I ever blew into the mic.

Onto the Spider-Man remaster now, decided to go with the 60 fps mode as it feels nicer and I'm still using a 1080p tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Not liking this one bit.

Call of duty is a shambles alright. Still can't get past the sign up screen without the console crashing

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

The adaptive triggers use in Astro is amazing but have to say, in Miles Morales and Spider-Man Remastered, the triggers ‘fight’ you when traversing. When web-swinging they resist when they’re about 3/4 pressed, but for no reason I can understand that would improve gameplay.
    Turned it off and makes zipping around way more enjoyable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Trying to find the videos of the noise people are experiencing on their PS5’s, would anyone have a link handy? My digital, although quiet, has some sort of ‘buzz’ going on which is weird.

It is a very hot console too, behind it. Will have to rethink where I put this now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Damo 2k9 wrote: »
    Trying to find the videos of the noise people are experiencing on their PS5’s, would anyone have a link handy? My digital, although quiet, has some sort of ‘buzz’ going on which is weird.

It is a very hot console too, behind it. Will have to rethink where I put this now

This is mine

https://twitter.com/DarkMarkGaming/status/1329493630541770754?s=19

This is zero cools who is also on the thread

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1329566207419224064?s=19

Seems a widespread issue based on twitter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Evilbart

This is mine

https://twitter.com/DarkMarkGaming/status/1329493630541770754?s=19

This is zero cools who is also on the thread

https://twitter.com/Sheehy_83/status/1329566207419224064?s=19

Seems a widespread issue based on twitter.

These sound perfectly normal to me.

In the teardown videos it has a massive fan to dissipate heat that pushes air through the system.

I am sure if everybody held their phone inches from the ps5 and recorded it they would all sound the same.

But with ambient room noise and gameplay music it’s not noticeable at all.

I don’t think any of you need to worry.

Advertisement