Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS5 thread 2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

petes wrote: »
    Had Resi 3 remake downloaded, it's disappeared!

Were you using rest mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

sticker wrote: »
    Were you using rest mode?

Not really, tested it a couple of times and was fine but always turned it off when finished!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MikeRyan87

petes wrote: »
    Had Resi 3 remake downloaded, it's disappeared!

Never click "Copy".
    Let the game install itself.
    Had the same problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Got my arse kicked in demon's souls tonight, completely my own fault for rushing it. Said I'd play something a bit more forgiving, nba 2k, Jesus that's more Souls like than Demon's. As i refuse to pay to insta upgrade my player, it has me basically the same skill level as a bag of potatoes, not fun. Wish i got Miles Morales instead.

Hate to say I told you so....but they are scumbags.

Its a crying shame as the game looks brilliant and they had such a good franchise on their hands.

But the game will always survive because the main market in the states is the black community that will pay anything to play that game. And insta have a 99 rank baller 30 secs later with in game currency bought!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

jj880 wrote: »
    In the other thread here for ps5 noise someone said when they put ps5 on its side it stops the disk drive noise. I must test my drive - havent put a disk in it yet.

Thanks for posting, this made a big difference to mine
    (I didn't have a disk in it but it was making a slight hum)

It still looks slightly off perfectly horizontal even though I've been adjusting it for about 15 minutes, will just leave it as it is before I do damage to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was watching the little fella playing spiderman there....no way is it running at 60FPS in performance mode. Even when switched to fidelity mode Im barely getting the 30fps!!!!

He has completed 88% of the game at this stage and starting out it was running at the 60fps but the more he gets done the slower the game is getting....very laggy.

Anyone else experiencing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭PopeVicodin

I've restarted Demon's Souls for the fourth time trying to find the best character for me. My current one is a strength build named Sir Fuxalot and I just picked up the Hands of God (I've named them Maradona and Henry) which have a faith stat and already I'm thinking about making a warrior priest named Father John Fisty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Was watching the little fella playing spiderman there....no way is it running at 60FPS in performance mode. Even when switched to fidelity mode Im barely getting the 30fps!!!!

He has completed 88% of the game at this stage and starting out it was running at the 60fps but the more he gets done the slower the game is getting....very laggy.

Not me. Silky smooth on performance mode. Only took a quick glance at fidelity mode but definite fps difference and the graphics didn't look good enough to warrant it so switched back to performance. Seemed fairly solid from beginning to end, no noticeable drops in fps.

You playing it from digital or disk?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭RedXIV

There is a patch for AC:Valhalla now to offer the option of performance vs visual quality.

Can't say I noticed the difference too much in the quality when that was selected, but for the first time ever, I've seen what people mean about the drop in FPS. Sticking with 60FPS from here

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭MikeRyan87

Penn wrote: »
    Not me. Silky smooth on performance mode. Only took a quick glance at fidelity mode but definite fps difference and the graphics didn't look good enough to warrant it so switched back to performance. Seemed fairly solid from beginning to end, no noticeable drops in fps.

You playing it from digital or disk?

Always switched to Fidelity for indoor areas in MM.
    Ray tracing looks too good not to.
    Performance all the way for most of the game though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Anyone doing games haring with their mates and had issues playing PS4 games?

My mate can't access my games but I can access his.

Tried a licence restore while logged in as my account on his PS5 and ensured his PS5 is considered my home console but no joy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

Wonda-Boy wrote: »

Are you are wearing the Spiderverse suit and any spiderverse accessories , this slows Spider-Man to 15fps as part of the novelty . I had this issue and thought my PS5 had an issue until someone flagged this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,516 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

RedXIV wrote: »
    There is a patch for AC:Valhalla now to offer the option of performance vs visual quality.

Can't say I noticed the difference too much in the quality when that was selected, but for the first time ever, I've seen what people mean about the drop in FPS. Sticking with 60FPS from here

Yet still, ten days on, disc owners are in the lurch across Europe with no option to upgrade. Fűcking disgraceful they haven't fixed it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Yet still, ten days on, disc owners are in the lurch across Europe with no option to upgrade. Fűcking disgraceful they haven't fixed it yet.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/11/still_no_solution_for_missing_ps4_to_ps5_upgrades_of_ubisoft_games

Mad that it’s still not fixed. I finally gave in and set up a Turkish PSN account to download it, playing it through my Irish account. I was able to redeem the Season Pass & other DLC through my regular account so I won’t lose them when I close the new account, once they (hopefully) fix the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Johnrazz

If I purchase FIFA or Madden now for PS5 through the App Store will it automatically download again next Friday for the new edition for the console? Or am I better off just waiting until Friday and buying the discs for the PS5, I read they’ll be released then.

Thanks

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/11/still_no_solution_for_missing_ps4_to_ps5_upgrades_of_ubisoft_games

Mad that it’s still not fixed. I finally gave in and set up a Turkish PSN account to download it, playing it through my Irish account. I was able to redeem the Season Pass & other DLC through my regular account so I won’t lose them when I close the new account, once they (hopefully) fix the issue.

OK cool so season pass and all is ok, that's good to hear. And trophies popping normally etc?

Might just do it as am sick of waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

OK cool so season pass and all is ok, that's good to hear. And trophies popping normally etc?

Just as someone posted, once the trophies move over, it will record 15 seconds for each one. For Spider-Man I had 50 odd 15 second videos of the title screen :)

Just as someone posted, once the trophies move over, it will record 15 seconds for each one. For Spider-Man I had 50 odd 15 second videos of the title screen :)

Was referring to Assassin's Creed Valhalla and there being no difference due to Turkish origin. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭bdmc5

After setting up turkish account , how do you grant access from this Turkish account to play on regular account ? Really appreciate if you break down the main steps for me

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

bdmc5 wrote: »
    After setting up turkish account , how do you grant access from this Turkish account to play on regular account ? Really appreciate if you break down the main steps for me

As per the charter, this can't be discussed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭RedXIV

One thing to watch for if ye have kids using the PS5 also with their own accounts. The 15 second video for trophies is a profile specific setting. So you need to set it for every profile on the PlayStation.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

Yeh everything is working on my main account as it should, I downloaded my season pass and dlc from Irish account.

One thing to note, if you got preorder dlc, it’s a 16 character code you enter on your Ubisoft account, not the PlayStation Store (Spent way too long trying to figure that one out).

It’s still bad that people have to resort to this kind of workaround. Enjoy it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Ps5 controller now suffering of aim drift already

• Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭jj880

:eek:

Had enough of this bollox with Switch joy cons!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Why, why, why do we not have the option to adjust deadzone these days? It would solve so many issues

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Phil.x

Morning all, is there a price difference between disc and download.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Darren 83

Phil.x wrote: »
    Morning all, is there a price difference between disc and download.

€499 for the disc and €399 for the digital version.

jj880 wrote: »
    :eek:

Had enough of this bollox with Switch joy cons!

I just squirt some electrical contact spray and move them forward and back, side to side a few times and they are back to new.

Darren 83 wrote: »
    €499 for the disc and €399 for the digital version.

Sorry, should of said, a difference between disc game and download game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,430 ✭✭✭jj880

Phil.x wrote: »
    I just squirt some electrical contact spray and move them forward and back, side to side a few times and they are back to new.

Thanks for that - seeing lots of reviews on Amazon that say it solved joycon drift. I had been replacing joycon sticks. Will def try it if I get drift on dual sense controller.

Advertisement