Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but it can only be 5K away (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I went on a musical trip myself last night, every mood under the sun, singing along in an empty building

Was that why the building was empty?

:P:D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Was that why the building was empty?

:P:D

:rolleyes::(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Neil Young, 'Harvest Moon' here. Lip's a quivering....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,891 ✭✭✭gifted

It's amazing how music can remind us of certain people or situations I've spent the day do bits and pieces around the house and I put YouTube videos on the tv and left them play without skipping any, my god I've been transported to so many different memories. I'm melancholy today anyway, think it's after the Toy Show which I never usually watch but so glad I did this year. Anyway the mix that came up for me today was a huge amount of Fleetwood Mac, Tom Petty, AC/DC, Dire Straits (on now), but what took me off guard was Air Supply as I haven't listened to them in years but many many moons ago myself and an old flame used to play them regularly when we were ' chillin ', honestly I'm not right after listening to them. Lol.

Brothers in Arms on now , I'm crying again...wtf.

I get the same when I hear any song from Annie Lennoxs Medusa album.....I just stop and stare into space while I'm transported to happier times and places ....time going way to fast!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,257 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

((Hugs)) Don’t mind the grouchy Ted

Sing me a lullaby :)

• Advertisement

If I had them, I'd give you a booby hug.

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    If I had them, I'd give you a booby hug.

Back off Ted :mad: You made Grem sad

I’ll beat you up later :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I am hurted in my feeling :(

• Registered Users Posts: 16,728 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

This is an awfully sentimental time of year but it's going to be worse this year with all the enforced isolation and loneliness. Hopefully some normality next week will help.

In other news, toad in the hole always make me snigger. :p

I am hurted in my feeling :(

tenor.gif?itemid=16696152

• Advertisement

I'm not Seph!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,129 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

This is an awfully sentimental time of year but it's going to be worse this year with all the enforced isolation and loneliness. Hopefully some normality next week will help.

In other news, toad in the hole always make me snigger. :p

I've been living most of this year thinking about last year. I'm forcing myself into changes work wise, but I gotta admit, the social aspect is now getting hard to deal with. This particular weekend I'm remembering last years version. I finished up a few days on the road this night last year. The next day we all headed to Waterford for a lovely hotel/shopping break at Winterval. This years version is stuck at home getting Christmas ready far too early and generally trying to search out some happiness.

gifted wrote: »
    I get the same when I hear any song from Annie Lennoxs Medusa album.....I just stop and stare into space while I'm transported to happier times and places ....time going way to fast!!!

It sure is and I'm wondering what is it all about, I was thinking today how lucky I am at my age to have both parents, of course that set me off also. I'm not in bad form at all today, lockdown and levels don't bother me I just go with the flow but jeez I'm very emotional today.

Anyway, enough ****e from me, shenanigans time, how will Auto beat Tedo up later, are they meeting up, are they within 5km,are they in a 'bubble ', we need answers. 😂

Yeah, it's getting very old now G, January is going to be hell. :(

Auto -V- Ted ...

My money's on Auto.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Indian phal en route and I can't wait for the spicy goodness!

NewRed your post reminded me of a childhood story. Our neighbour's a few doors down had a swing and slide set in their back garden. Their kids were a few years older than me and my sister so we weren't friends but we'd hear them playing on the swings and be so jealous. One day we saw the car was gone from their driveway so we climbed over the wall and were having a great time sliding away and playing on the swings. Next minute we hear the back door open and this women comes out with a dressing gown on and a sweeping brush and she was yelling at us shoo! shoo! It was like we were stray dogs! We legged it back over the garden wall but that evening she called to the house and gave my mam an earful about us being spoilt brats and tearaways. Absolute battleaxe! We were innocent kids just playing on swings, only about 5 years of age!

Auto -V- Ted ...

My money's on Auto.

idon-t-know-karate-but-i-know-crazy-no-mercy-47837834.png

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Just back home from a big grocery stock up shop in Aldi. Freezing cold this evening!

Hope yis all are having a good weekend! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭SnowyMay

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Thankfully the onion gravy worked out a treat because it was the only thing that made my Toad on the Slab edible. I knew before I made the batter that you need to make it with full fat milk . I knew but went ahead and used the low fat anyway. I should have just made bangers and mash, the gravy would have brought it another level. At least I know I do a good onion gravy now.

Migraine again. This is getting beyond a joke.

Onion gravy sounds good Sardi. Do you have a recipe? Making Christmas dinner this year for the first time (for two of us - like how hard), but it’s the timing that is getting me, and making a scrumptious gravy!

Sitting here looking at my Christmas tree. Just finished putting it up. I mean. I love it. It is beautiful and huge and shiny and slightly more colourful than planned. But, maybe I say that because I am its momma, and it is actually an abomination against the universe. Will sleep on it. (Not literally like..). The star on top does look like it is contemplating jumping though.

Anyway, will leave the Christmas chat to the Christmas chat thread now!

Am thinking I’ll be hungry soon. May head kitchenside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Couchside, back at my folk's house for the weekend, with the cat on my lap :)

I finally got back to sleep last night, I didn't want to get up later today though

• Advertisement

Too far, Too soon, You saw the whole of the moon!

Couchside. Listening to music. Drinking gin.

Gin for tears! Am working too much at the moment, hope it eases up in a few weeks

Gin for tears! Am working too much at the moment, hope it eases up in a few weeks

Thankfully gin doesn't make me cry!!

You're always working too much Grem. It's not right. You're such a lovely person and they just work you to the bone and... *Bursts out crying*

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭thomil

Scanner-Side again. Did I really take so many pictures during my school days?

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Auto v Ted

Auto 1
    Ted 0

:D

And i film i actually watched Auto, it's a miracle :pac:

And i film i actually watched Auto, it's a miracle :pac:

I got your back Grem ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thomil wrote: »
    Scanner-Side again.

Police scanner is it? checking the airwaves is it? I didn't know you were into that...........

*gets coat*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭thomil

Police scanner is it? checking the airwaves is it? I didn't know you were into that...........

Well, there's nothing happening on the ATC frequencies at the moment, so I have to get my entertainment somewhere else :P

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

It's amazing how music can remind us of certain people or situations .

Crowded house is a major one for me....not a big fan or anything, but it played non stop in a place I worked, there may have been shenanigans in the stockroom :D

Also beginning to feel like "the small boat made of china, going nowhere...."

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement