Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

2 of 7 items in the last 3 months have gone missing from addresspal, same address used on all. They don't bother replying to emails and can't get to them on the phone. The 2 items missing were sent 4 and a half weeks ago from the uk, tracking number says there were delivered within 3 days. Not sure what to do now, surely they can't just get away with that? Have another item due as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭Flaccus

I am in the same boat as the OP. Waiting since 18th. Package is in Dublin still. Same tracking result as OP. It actually happened me last month as well with another delivery from the US. And it was USPS again. When I queried it with the sender they said it's customs that are holding it up. Was stuck for 21/2 weeks.

I've learned my lesson as will use FedEx next time. While it costs more and there is import dutiy, FedEx take care of the clearing process with customs. Items usually goes to a bonded warehouse in Shannon. With stuff coming in from USPS, it's a case of join the queue in Dublin and they get to it when they get to it. There is really no speeding up the process. AnPost will eventually show up with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

2 of 7 items in the last 3 months have gone missing from addresspal, same address used on all. They don't bother replying to emails and can't get to them on the phone. The 2 items missing were sent 4 and a half weeks ago from the uk, tracking number says there were delivered within 3 days. Not sure what to do now, surely they can't just get away with that? Have another item due as well

I have contacted the AnPost CEO via Twitter, I had AnPost customer service reaching out to me within an hour.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Gally79 wrote: »
    I have contacted the AnPost CEO via Twitter, I had AnPost customer service reaching out to me within an hour.

Let us know how you get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭user302243

horse7 wrote: »
    How long should it take to deliver an Amazon return package express post from Dublin 15 to portlaoise return center,an post tracking shows sorted in Dublin hub for the last 2days ?

I wouldn't be surprised if it never updates. I've a few that haven't updated in 20 days. Amazon just refunded anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,632 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Had an Amazon parcel dispatched yesterday - arrived today. I'm in Cork.
    Meanwhile, waiting for a parcel from Cork since Friday and a parcel that arrived in Dublin before the Amazon package.
    Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭horse7

Tracking an post shows my Amazon return in Dublin hub since 21st,it should be in portlaoise by now,so I called Amazon, they have it, so an post tracking is not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Fmlusps

If I have a package coming from US and it leaves a transfer airport in DUBLIN, how do an post get the package? They don't use transfer airports so what company is responsible for getting it from the airport to an post? I'm finding the whole thing so confusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Fmlusps wrote: »
    If I have a package coming from US and it leaves a transfer airport in DUBLIN, how do an post get the package? They don't use transfer airports so what company is responsible for getting it from the airport to an post? I'm finding the whole thing so confusing.

In postal terms, the airport used is the "transfer airport"
    And it can be sitting there after being scanned for several days until space is available.

Darc19 wrote: »
    In postal terms, the airport used is the "transfer airport"
    And it can be sitting there after being scanned for several days until space is available.

Ok thank you - and once space is available an post will hopefully deliver it? The tracking number I have is only applicable to the US so have no way to track it now that's it in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 JamieTra2017

Ok thank you - and once space is available an post will hopefully deliver it? The tracking number I have is only applicable to the US so have no way to track it now that's it in ireland

I am the same. Mine arrived into Ireland the 8th November and I still havnt received it. My tracking code is beginning with U.

I am the same. Mine arrived into Ireland the 8th November and I still havnt received it. My tracking code is beginning with U.

That's the exact problem I have. At least I'm not alone

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭limabromac

A package that left the uk on the 10th november and arrived in Dublin on the 14th Nov gor delivered today to my home... It sat in Dublin since the 14th and then today it was our for delivery in portlaoise.... So there's hope that the backlog is being cleared...Amazon already refunded me for the book as it was presumed lost but they also said there is no need to return it when I emailed customer service a a week ago...

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

An Post's last postal dates for Christmas look to be roughly the same as any other year... but I just sent something by Express Post to the US and the man in the post office said I could be looking at a delay of 3 weeks. And that's express, so registered and standard post must be even worse.

As someone who posts worldwide for their small business and has people asking if they'll have their orders for Christmas it's a bit scary. I'm emailing every customer to warn them of possible delays but I can see a nightmare on the horizon. I hope I'm wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,418 ✭✭✭✭Alun

limabromac wrote: »
    A package that left the uk on the 10th november and arrived in Dublin on the 14th Nov gor delivered today to my home... It sat in Dublin since the 14th and then today it was our for delivery in portlaoise.... So there's hope that the backlog is being cleared...Amazon already refunded me for the book as it was presumed lost but they also said there is no need to return it when I emailed customer service a a week ago...

I was going to post the same question, I have a parcel from Amazon that's been sitting in the Dublin Parcel Hub since the 17th of November, and have also got the message from Amazon saying I can get a refund, but didn't know what would happen if it did eventually turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭ahbell

Ordered an item on Amazon on Saturday, was very surprised it was tracked to a depot in Dublin on Monday.
    Notification today, item has been "mis-sorted" and is now in Newbridge (not where I live).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Gardesana Pecher

My parcel must have been on the same flight. Still no update. Dublin airport transfer 8th November

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Alun wrote: »
    I was going to post the same question, I have a parcel from Amazon that's been sitting in the Dublin Parcel Hub since the 17th of November, and have also got the message from Amazon saying I can get a refund, but didn't know what would happen if it did eventually turn up.

They may ask you to return it or tell you to keep it, depends on what it is and how expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

whiterebel wrote: »
    They may ask you to return it or tell you to keep it, depends on what it is and how expensive

May also depend on how long it was lost for they may also charge you for it.

Wake me up when it's all over.

My parcel must have been on the same flight. Still no update. Dublin airport transfer 8th November

Does it get delayed at customs or something?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BurgundyRose

le_girl wrote: »
    An Post's last postal dates for Christmas look to be roughly the same as any other year... but I just sent something by Express Post to the US and the man in the post office said I could be looking at a delay of 3 weeks. And that's express, so registered and standard post must be even worse.

As someone who posts worldwide for their small business and has people asking if they'll have their orders for Christmas it's a bit scary. I'm emailing every customer to warn them of possible delays but I can see a nightmare on the horizon. I hope I'm wrong though.

Oh god.

Does that also go for items sent internationally outside of the US. That is from Ireland to Australia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭BurgundyRose

I need to send a parcel to Australia. Would it be quicker by courier? I would like parcel to get there by Christmas.

Mod - You already have a thread about this. Please don’t do multiple posts/threads on the same subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭le_girl

Oh god.

Does that also go for items sent internationally outside of the US. That is from Ireland to Australia

I'm not sure, it's very confusing between the dates they've given and what I was told in person. I'd maybe recommend calling into the post office and asking if you can because they should have a good idea of what's actually going on. Or try the live chat on the website, though they're not always the most helpful.

Sending it out as soon as possible is probably a good idea. Courier would be guaranteed to get there but I was quoted over €40 for a small padded envelope so it would be very pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 greenfields46!

Does it get delayed at customs or something?

did ur parcel leave uk on the 8th? im waiting since the 10th & I see a lot of people waiting on uk parcels from around this week, an post & royal mail say the same thing, its not scanned in yet or its left uk!!! so where are they?!!! i believe in ireland stuck in a cage, they are not coping with the level of post at all, doubt ill get it at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

Anyone know what might be going on here?

I'm waiting on a package (deliver to Ireland) that was received by Royal Mail overnight on 10th/11th November and, according to their tracking site, been stuck in "LANGLEY HWDC" with a status "In Transit" ever since. ("your item is now leaving the UK...")

Now I am told by our local postman that there is a huge backlog, and I'm told the same when I ring An Post, although in the last few days they've been a bit more concerned sounding (still not able to do anything though)

The funny thing is, I've checked a few different tracking numbers on the RM website and any post I found that was sent (and received by them) after mine has been delivered! So it's kind of hard to believe it's simply because of a backlog.

But another item that was received on the same day as mine is also still "In Transit". Did the post to Ireland go missing that day or something?

An Post just advise me to contact the sender & Royal Mail. I've been onto the sender and they have opened an enquiry with RM, I've tried ringing RM and I get put into a queue for an hour before the call just gets dropped (twice this happened). I've submitted a query on their form but haven't heard back (other than the automated "we got your request" mail).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

did ur parcel leave uk on the 8th? im waiting since the 10th & I see a lot of people waiting on uk parcels from around this week, an post & royal mail say the same thing, its not scanned in yet or its left uk!!! so where are they?!!! i believe in ireland stuck in a cage, they are not coping with the level of post at all, doubt ill get it at this stage

Strange, I had two parcels leave Amazon UK on the 12th of November. I got one the next week and I haven't seen the other on yet.

Nah my parcel is coming from US. First time I bought anything from there. Anything I've gotten from UK has come reasonably on schedule.

komodosp wrote: »

I'm waiting on a package (deliver to Ireland) that was received by Royal Mail overnight on 10th/11th November and, according to their tracking site, been stuck in "LANGLEY HWDC" with a status "In Transit" ever since. ("your item is now leaving the UK...")

Now I am told by our local postman that there is a huge backlog, and I'm told the same when I ring An Post, although in the last few days they've been a bit more concerned sounding (still not able to do anything though)

The funny thing is, I've checked a few different tracking numbers on the RM website and any post I found that was sent (and received by them) after mine has been delivered! So it's kind of hard to believe it's simply because of a backlog.

But another item that was received on the same day as mine is also still "In Transit". Did the post to Ireland go missing that day or something?

An Post just advise me to contact the sender & Royal Mail. I've been onto the sender and they have opened an enquiry with RM, I've tried ringing RM and I get put into a queue for an hour before the call just gets dropped (twice this happened). I've submitted a query on their form but haven't heard back (other than the automated "we got your request" mail).

Almost every post on here for the last 3 or 4 weeks is about delays. USPS, Royal Mail, An Post, Amazon, post from from Austria, from Germany. There is a severe lack of trucks and planes into Ireland, and a massive backlog on arrival at An Post. They are starting to clear the backlog now, but there is more coming in every day.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

komodosp wrote: »

Same for me- Royal Mail said if An Post don't have it than its with customs.

Customs saying if its not scanned with An Post than its not with them.

An Post saying if they haven't it scanned than its not with them.

Madness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

Oh god.

I have posted a package (from Cork) to Melbourne on the 12th November 2020, its still sitting in Dublin according to the tracking info.

Advertisement