Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to get L1a1 or FAL?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    I put it down to the simple fact as a people we "don't like to make a fuss".
    It's why we tolerate shoddy service and have a now inbred fear of speaking up for ourselves, that we are slowly shaking off as a society.

As a lot of us are middle-aged shooters, many of us grew up under the boots of an omnipotent state, church and society, where you didn't dare question authority of the pillars of Irish society . Now that we are seeing that our gods are made of clay, we are being less afraid of people like AGS and their attitudes. but for some, it is still a big step to challenge authority so they will rather forget about it or just accept meekly some BS handed to us, even when it is disguised as "Covid regulations".

If the guards gave the criminal scum of this little country as much trouble as they do shooters and motorists, and in such ingenious ways, we'd all be better off. I won't be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Bagpipe

I mean personally i wouldn't go very far in challenging AGS unless it was completely justified because you never know how someone could react to "being made a fool of" regardless of their position.

Bagpipe wrote: »
    I mean personally i wouldn't go very far in challenging AGS unless it was completely justified because you never know how someone could react to "being made a fool of" regardless of their position.

Thats the old attitude and probably justified years ago when they would target you if you crossed them. "They'll get you for a baldy tyre", was what the oul fella used to be saying to me.

tudderone wrote: »
    Thats the old attitude and probably justified years ago when they would target you if you crossed them. "They'll get you for a baldy tyre", was what the oul fella used to be saying to me.

I'm too young to even fear being targeted:D

Say for this FAL/L1a1 situation, hypothetically speaking, would the following be a valid reason:

Requiring this semi automatic rifle to hunt, control vermin and compete in service rifle competitions. (As i cannot hunt with a .223 and i cannot compete in the SRCs.) And of course already having membership to the range and the hunting license before sending in the application.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Kind of went out of style once Frank Mc Bearty had his day in court with them.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,758 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Say for this FAL/L1a1 situation, hypothetically speaking, would the following be a valid reason:

Requiring this semi automatic rifle to hunt, control vermin and compete in service rifle competitions. (As i cannot hunt with a .223 and i cannot compete in the SRCs.) And of course already having membership to the range and the hunting license before sending in the application.

Hunting and vermin control can be done with a non-restricted firearm so that wouldn't be your primary reason for wanting the firearm. You need the restricted firearm to take part in target shooting such as the service rifle competitions. It's just an added bonus if you can use it for hunting/vermin control too.

By the way, you mentioned a hunting licence. Do you mean a deer hunting licence? I'm open to correction here but I don't think you can hunt deer with a .223. I wouldn't swear my life on it but I think that's the case.

But 100%, if you want it for target shooting, you must have a range membership before you apply for the firearm.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Hunting and vermin control can be done with a non-restricted firearm so that wouldn't be your primary reason for wanting the firearm. You need the restricted firearm to take part in target shooting such as the service rifle competitions. It's just an added bonus if you can use it for hunting/vermin control too.

By the way, you mentioned a hunting licence. Do you mean a deer hunting licence? I'm open to correction here but I don't think you can hunt deer with a .223. I wouldn't swear my life on it but I think that's the case.

But 100%, if you want it for target shooting, you must have a range membership before you apply for the firearm.

I have a .223 and i meant i cannot hunt deer using it, thats why it would be another added bonus of this rifle? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Munsterlad102

I have a .223 and i meant i cannot hunt deer using it, thats why it would be another added bonus of this rifle? :D

Well then you should be fairly sorted in the line of good reason then. Next step is just to see what the chief super says, also just a thought, if you look up some legislation that would disprove any point they might raise. Joining a military rifle collection club might be a good thought too.

Joining a military rifle collection club might be a good thought too.

If we had such a thing that was active, and whose members didn't consider the evolution of arms post the bolt action around 1918 as the Devils work.:p
    Hunting and vermin control can be done with a non-restricted firearm so that wouldn't be your primary reason for wanting the firearm. You need the restricted firearm to take part in target shooting such as the service rifle competitions. It's just an added bonus if you can use it for hunting/vermin control too

I put that down as my first reason and target shooting second on 1st application. Bonus if your hunting ground is either dense forestry or heavy brush, and you have a culling programme with the farmer to control a pest species, where you need a fast follow up shot.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

If we had such a thing that was active, and whose members didn't consider the evolution of arms post the bolt action around 1918 as the Devils work.:p

And watching "Forgotten weapons" on Youtube has proved them right dag nabbit.

• Advertisement

Well then you should be fairly sorted in the line of good reason then. Next step is just to see what the chief super says, also just a thought, if you look up some legislation that would disprove any point they might raise. Joining a military rifle collection club might be a good thought too.

I'll do some further legislation research over the holidays for sure.

I put that down as my first reason and target shooting second on 1st application. Bonus if your hunting ground is either dense forestry or heavy brush, and you have a culling programme with the farmer to control a pest species, where you need a fast follow up shot.

I do have a friend who is also a tillage farmer who has issues with rabbits but somehow i think a 10/22 would be more suited to rapid fire rabbit culling. God only knows how quick id get a call from the ASU if i was rapid firing an FAL :D

The large fox population are also known in the area to kill a lot of lambs during the lambing season and they usually (as unusual as it is)come out in force, so that may be another justification?

Two words...Feral Goats.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭jb88

Best not to confuse the issue, if your applying for a semi auto restricted firearm is for Target shooting primarily otherwise there is good justification in a bolt action alternative, but before all this. Go to a range and enter some competitions and build up some experience with bolt action shooting of service rifle. Show justification, show need and afterwards show usage.

Use those 3 and you wont have problems, also showboating guys tend to be found out. Have a shooting CV of competitions entered and placings is a start.

If you want undue hastle, great expense in upkeep. Finding a dealer to import it or import it yourself as well as the licence application and dealing with the Chief, then best of luck. Go prepared or be prepared to fail.
    You need to tick a lot of boxes depending on the district you are in. There is a reason why it is difficult and time consuming and its not for everyone so if its to impress a few mates at the club. Then I would steer well clear,

The guy you saw with this firearm spent the guts of 10 years trying to get that particular item so that L1 a1 is not an easy item, and I wont even begin to describe the hastle he had with getting it licenced.

Believe me its too difficult for any mortal on this forum. Just take my word for it. And it was already in the country when he applied for it.

Anyone wanting one now, would have to apply and buy direct overseas and import it to a Dealer.
    Ive done this several times and its always a pain in the backside. Ive completed two since June and without the connections forget about it.

But hey you guys know lots, prove me wrong???

jb88 wrote: »
    Best not to confuse the issue, if your applying for a semi auto restricted firearm is for Target shooting primarily otherwise there is good justification in a bolt action alternative, but before all this. Go to a range and enter some competitions and build up some experience with bolt action shooting of service rifle. Show justification, show need and afterwards show usage.

Use those 3 and you wont have problems, also showboating guys tend to be found out. Have a shooting CV of competitions entered and placings is a start.

If you want undue hastle, great expense in upkeep. Finding a dealer to import it or import it yourself as well as the licence application and dealing with the Chief, then best of luck. Go prepared or be prepared to fail.
    You need to tick a lot of boxes depending on the district you are in. There is a reason why it is difficult and time consuming and its not for everyone so if its to impress a few mates at the club. Then I would steer well clear,

The guy you saw with this firearm spent the guts of 10 years trying to get that particular item so that L1 a1 is not an easy item, and I wont even begin to describe the hastle he had with getting it licenced.

Believe me its too difficult for any mortal on this forum. Just take my word for it. And it was already in the country when he applied for it.

Anyone wanting one now, would have to apply and buy direct overseas and import it to a Dealer.
    Ive done this several times and its always a pain in the backside. Ive completed two since June and without the connections forget about it.

But hey you guys know lots, prove me wrong???

Careful now, i suggested he start off with a Lee Enfield, available for 500-700 euros anywhere or easily imported, and easily (relatively) licencable, get some range time under his belt, have fun for not a lot of money, and i was shot down :rolleyes:

Most dealers i know will not import anything difficult to licence unless you pay for it completely up front. I know several guys who were refused restricted licences and wound up with an expensive rifle in the dealers they could not use, and no one else wanted to buy. To export it again to somewhere it could be sold costs you too.

Get started with something non-restricted and move up to the FAL after a few years.

If you want it just from the aesthetics POV then I'd try and get one in a straight pull. Despite its "looks" it is just a[awkward] bolt action and an unrestricted rifle,[with no EU mag capacity ban either.]
    If you discover the design is not for you, you have a better and easier chance of passing it on because of its category.
    You have then a better reason to go restricted on the same design after a while, as you want to shoot service rifle in semi-auto here.

IF things are inevitable, not going to be anyway any friendlier to SA's here. You could also look at converting it to a lever release or MARS action. Which was designed specifically NOT to be semi-auto, and I have a funny feeling if Comrade Biden gets in the Oval Office, will become a quite popular design in the US all of a sudden.:(

If you want it just from the aesthetics POV then I'd try and get one in a straight pull. Despite its "looks" it is just a[awkward] bolt action and an unrestricted rifle,[with no EU mag capacity ban either.]
    If you discover the design is not for you, you have a better and easier chance of passing it on because of its category.
    You have then a better reason to go restricted on the same design after a while, as you want to shoot service rifle in semi-auto here.

IF things are inevitable, not going to be anyway any friendlier to SA's here. You could also look at converting it to a lever release or MARS action. Which was designed specifically NOT to be semi-auto, and I have a funny feeling if Comrade Biden gets in the Oval Office, will become a quite popular design in the US all of a sudden.:(

He wants to make all semi-auto rifles and magazines over 10 rounds (sound familiar :rolleyes:) under the national firearms act, which means they have to have a tax stamp at $200 and waiting time. If that happens i fully expect to see a second civil war.

I could have sworn the legislation banned any magazine that held over 10 centrefire rounds, but is it really just for semi auto?

I could have sworn the legislation banned any magazine that held over 10 centrefire rounds, but is it really just for semi auto?

Yup. Everything else is still exempt be it rifle or shotgun. You can have a 20 round pump action rifle or shotgun. But not in semi-auto...Go figure...

He wants to make all semi-auto rifles and magazines over 10 rounds (sound familiar ) under the national firearms act, which means they have to have a tax stamp at $200 and waiting time. If that happens i fully expect to see a second civil war.

1st of all,he can make whatever legislation he wants...
    IF the Republicans control the Senate,it will go nowhere,as will 99.9% of his bills, reducing him to a lame-duck president, and then it would end up in the Supreme court, which would have to hear this one. As they have studiously ignored any 2a disputes since Heller 12 years ago.

2] Enforcing it will be fun...Remember that Sheriff that said he would deputise anyone and everyone in Virginia who had a firearm if Gov Blackface decided to try it on this year and next year? He isn't alone in that mindset...
    These kind of bans and restrictions have worked well in states that have tried this and just about NOTHING was handed in any of them?

3] There have been groups of all types, sizes, religious & political bents and beliefs who have been saying across the Nation for decades that "The Govt will come for your guns !", and have been prepping accordingly since the 1960s. Groups like Black panthers, KKK, Aryan Nations, The Minutemen, The Weathermen, Jewish Defence Leauge, etc, and some of these groups are extremely well trained and have some serious toys stashed away, just for such an event long foretold and here's Joe/Beto/Kamala giving them fuel and oxygen to their fears. In fact,you would be just creating "The Turner Diaries" for some of them to start to go to war.

Not to mind, the jail time is the same for having an untitled full auto weapon without the tax stamp.So might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb, and convert your previous semi rifle to full auto,and thus Joe has created over 400k worth minimum,of now illegal full-auto firearms.:eek:

4] I don't think I would like to be the BATFE/SWAT group having to go face these lot down on their home turf or even going house to house or apartment or apartment in suburbia esp if they are waiting for you , and they won't all be sitting nicely in a wooden building out on the Montanna plains or in a church in Waco,or up in a cabin in Idaho. Esp,if a few Oklahoma style bombs start going off under other Fed buildings and MSM outlets. I'd be hugging the wife and kids really hard every morning in that job before going off to work.

For the Fuddier kind, who might have not lost all their guns is a tragic boating accident,I'm sure the MARS/Lever Release will be a good substitute.

Yup. Everything else is still exempt be it rifle or shotgun. You can have a 20 round pump action rifle or shotgun. But not in semi-auto...Go figure...

1st of all,he can make whatever legislation he wants...
    IF the Republicans control the Senate,it will go nowhere,as will 99.9% of his bills, reducing him to a lame-duck president, and then it would end up in the Supreme court, which would have to hear this one. As they have studiously ignored any 2a disputes since Heller 12 years ago.

2] Enforcing it will be fun...Remember that Sheriff that said he would deputise anyone and everyone in Virginia who had a firearm if Gov Blackface decided to try it on this year and next year? He isn't alone in that mindset...
    These kind of bans and restrictions have worked well in states that have tried this and just about NOTHING was handed in any of them?

3] There have been groups of all types, sizes, religious & political bents and beliefs who have been saying across the Nation for decades that "The Govt will come for your guns !", and have been prepping accordingly since the 1960s. Groups like Black panthers, KKK, Aryan Nations, The Minutemen, The Weathermen, Jewish Defence Leauge, etc, and some of these groups are extremely well trained and have some serious toys stashed away, just for such an event long foretold and here's Joe/Beto/Kamala giving them fuel and oxygen to their fears. In fact,you would be just creating "The Turner Diaries" for some of them to start to go to war.

Not to mind, the jail time is the same for having an untitled full auto weapon without the tax stamp.So might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb, and convert your previous semi rifle to full auto,and thus Joe has created over 400k worth minimum,of now illegal full-auto firearms.:eek:

4] I don't think I would like to be the BATFE/SWAT group having to go face these lot down on their home turf or even going house to house or apartment or apartment in suburbia esp if they are waiting for you , and they won't all be sitting nicely in a wooden building out on the Montanna plains or in a church in Waco,or up in a cabin in Idaho. Esp,if a few Oklahoma style bombs start going off under other Fed buildings and MSM outlets. I'd be hugging the wife and kids really hard every morning in that job before going off to work.

For the Fuddier kind, who might have not lost all their guns is a tragic boating accident,I'm sure the MARS/Lever Release will be a good substitute.

Just clarifying, but is the maximum magazine capacity for unrestricted repeating firearms 10 rounds? Also where did you hear about The Turner Diaries? I think you might be misinterpreting the message of the book, but I could be wrong.

Unless you have been leading a VERY sheltered life and have missed out on current events and the whole " White power and racism in America" story over the last 30 years you must have heard and read "The Turner diaries" to even have an idea about this topic?

For those that haven't.. Its a crappily written novel based on the diaries of Earl Turner, [The Author real name was William Pierce [deceased] and used to be a big name in the Neo-nazi scene in the US, and ran the group National Vangaurd] who is a white supremacist who ends up living in a corrupt, decadent and perverted Socialist multi-ethnic society that is extremely gun controlled by a liberal US president and Govt, with the ubiquitous Jewish villains pulling strings.

It's basically a diary of Turner's group and the resistance and reconquest of America by the White supremacists, stopping by to nuke Israel off the map as well once they get control of some ICBMs and ends with Turner self-sacrificing himself by flying a nuke tipped biplane into the Pentagon to finalise the conquest of America by destroying the remainder of the Govt holed up there under the protection of the Joint chiefs of staff, as the
    US president was assassinated.

It's a ****e novel written by a nasty individual espousing a nastier philosophy, but the trouble being is some extremists have adopted this as some sort of prophecy and philosophy of how the final "race war" will kick off, and seeing the way events and social situations have been going in the US with BLM/ANTIFA, Biden and Haris espousing gun control, and downright lunatics like Oscario Cortez, Omar and that other yoke Warran demanding "retribution lists" against Trump supporters and people who worked on the Trump campaign, even going so far to suggest re education camps" and "firing squads" for the "unconvertible" smacks more of Soviet Russia than America!!! Not to mind having the arch-villain Soros playing the part of the Jew arch string-puller.

This is why I said it is almost giving these nutters the excuse that their "prophecy" of Turner is coming to hand. and why America is moving into some very dangerous times in the next future time.
    Just clarifying, but is the maximum magazine capacity for unrestricted repeating firearms 10 rounds

For .22s here in Ireland it is. Otherwise ...NO!
    You can hang a 100 round drum under a bolt,or lever or pump action centrefire rifle if you can find, build or modify one to your gun. You can even go hunting deer with one too, as the Wildlife act says nothing about mag capacity for rifles, and you can hump such a heavy pig about the place too.
    IOW it would be a custom job for the majority of rifles out there and really serving no practical purpose that couldn't be done easier by having a bunch of conventional 10 rounders.

• Advertisement

Unless you have been leading a VERY sheltered life and have missed out on current events and the whole " White power and racism in America" story over the last 30 years you must have heard and read "The Turner diaries" to even have an idea about this topic?

For those that haven't.. Its a crappily written novel based on the diaries of Earl Turner, [The Author real name was William Pierce [deceased] and used to be a big name in the Neo-nazi scene in the US, and ran the group National Vangaurd] who is a white supremacist who ends up living in a corrupt, decadent and perverted Socialist multi-ethnic society that is extremely gun controlled by a liberal US president and Govt, with the ubiquitous Jewish villains pulling strings.

It's basically a diary of Turner's group and the resistance and reconquest of America by the White supremacists, stopping by to nuke Israel off the map as well once they get control of some ICBMs and ends with Turner self-sacrificing himself by flying a nuke tipped biplane into the Pentagon to finalise the conquest of America by destroying the remainder of the Govt holed up there under the protection of the Joint chiefs of staff, as the
    US president was assassinated.

It's a ****e novel written by a nasty individual espousing a nastier philosophy, but the trouble being is some extremists have adopted this as some sort of prophecy and philosophy of how the final "race war" will kick off, and seeing the way events and social situations have been going in the US with BLM/ANTIFA, Biden and Haris espousing gun control, and downright lunatics like Oscario Cortez, Omar and that other yoke Warran demanding "retribution lists" against Trump supporters and people who worked on the Trump campaign, even going so far to suggest re education camps" and "firing squads" for the "unconvertible" smacks more of Soviet Russia than America!!! Not to mind having the arch-villain Soros playing the part of the Jew arch string-puller.

This is why I said it is almost giving these nutters the excuse that their "prophecy" of Turner is coming to hand. and why America is moving into some very dangerous times in the next future time.

For .22s here in Ireland it is. Otherwise ...NO!
    You can hang a 100 round drum under a bolt,or lever or pump action centrefire rifle if you can find, build or modify one to your gun. You can even go hunting deer with one too, as the Wildlife act says nothing about mag capacity for rifles, and you can hump such a heavy pig about the place too.
    IOW it would be a custom job for the majority of rifles out there and really serving no practical purpose that couldn't be done easier by having a bunch of conventional 10 rounders.

Fair enough, I thought you thought the message was just anti government because of the Cohen Act and everyone’s guns getting taken off them, it’s good to see that you know the full message. Still and interesting choice of book to mention.

That magazine capacity law makes no sense, you can only have 10 rounds in a little 22lr, but you can have a 30 round magazine in a lever release rifle. Our government makes laws that never fail to amaze me. Also is there any news regarding the banning of lever release and MARS in the UK? Last I heard they were only planning the collection and compensation. What a terrible way to spend taxpayers money.

You can be assured of four things in Ireland. Death , political corruption, high taxes and utterly illogical gun laws made by people with zero clue on the matter...
    How I got to read and know alot about the Turner diaries...That's another chapter for my memoirs on my American adventures.

You can be assured of four things in Ireland. Death , political corruption, high taxes and utterly illogical gun laws made by people with zero clue on the matter...
    How I got to read and know alot about the Turner diaries...That's another chapter for my memoirs on my American adventures.

Ah yeah, for the long awaited Grizzly biography :). But anyway regarding the MARS/lever release rifles, are they popular in any other countries other than the UK? Australia seem to have a few but they’re in 22lr so no point in getting on of them. Would you say it would be expensive to have a MARS rifle custom made?

Ah yeah, for the long awaited Grizzly biography :). But anyway regarding the MARS/lever release rifles, are they popular in any other countries other than the UK? Australia seem to have a few but they’re in 22lr so no point in getting on of them. Would you say it would be expensive to have a MARS rifle custom made?

Nope, they are in centrefire rounds too, Verney-Carron in France do them.

https://www.verney-carron.com/pages-us2/

Nope, they are in centrefire rounds too, Verney-Carron in France do them.

https://www.verney-carron.com/pages-us2/

Oh yes I forgot about them. Unfortunately they don’t do rifles in .223 and .308 rounds are a little too expensive for me to shoot. Also I would prefer something less than 2500-3000 and something that accepts AR mags, just because they’re dirt cheap. The mags for a Verney-Carron speedline are like 250 quid each. I’m not to picky on appearance, just so long as it’s not ridiculously expensive. But thanks for the suggestion, any other ones will be greatly appreciated.

Ah yeah, for the long-awaited Grizzly biography :). But anyway regarding the MARS/lever release rifles, are they popular in any other countries other than the UK? Australia seem to have a few but they’re in 22lr so no point in getting on of them. Would you say it would be expensive to have a MARS rifle custom made?

They weren't that common in the UK either FIK, as they were expensive enough and you had just two companies, Southern Guns and Caledonian making/importing them, and they were in STG what a good semi-auto will run you in Euros. 2k stg is putting you into a very good semi-auto.
    So are you really gaining anything by looking at getting one built? It is really a UK thing,as most everywhere else[inc IRL] allows semis in some shape or form and mag capacity?

They weren't that common in the UK either FIK, as they were expensive enough and you had just two companies, Southern Guns and Caledonian making/importing them, and they were in STG what a good semi-auto will run you in Euros. 2k stg is putting you into a very good semi-auto.
    So are you really gaining anything by looking at getting one built? It is really a UK thing,as most everywhere else[inc IRL] allows semis in some shape or form and mag capacity?

When you put it that way it doesn’t make a huge amount of sense. Originally I was hoping the UK lads would be allowed to sell their rifles to people outside of the UK, but that was being fairly idealistic. I might ask around and see how much it would cost to make a cheap AR into a lever release. Also just as a hypothetical, how much would it cost to ship a rifle from America and are there many taxes or fees apart from the import license that would be needed, and the firearms license of course. Again, it’s the mag capacity and unrestricted license that appeals to me and it would be a good stepping stone towards CF semi auto.

Oh yes I forgot about them. Unfortunately they don’t do rifles in .223 and .308 rounds are a little too expensive for me to shoot. Also I would prefer something less than 2500-3000 and something that accepts AR mags, just because they’re dirt cheap. The mags for a Verney-Carron speedline are like 250 quid each. I’m not to picky on appearance, just so long as it’s not ridiculously expensive. But thanks for the suggestion, any other ones will be greatly appreciated.

You can get milsurp 7.62 rounds for not much money. I used to get 20 rounds for a tenner, that was a few years ago when i had a .308.

I seen a Browning BLR lever action .223, that had been converted to take ar mags, i think Armalon or someone like that in the UK were doing the conversions. Lucky 13 in Australia do 10 round mags for them too.

Also just as a hypothetical, how much would it cost to ship a rifle from America and are there many taxes or fees apart from the import license that would be needed, and the firearms license of course. Again, it’s the mag capacity and unrestricted license that appeals to me and it would be a good stepping stone towards CF semi auto.

RUN AWAY VERY QUICK from that idea.
    It is a logistical and bureaucratic nightmare still, despite ITAR being loosened. It was cheaper for me by 350 euros to get a gunsmith here in Ireland to re barrel my AR10 in 308 with a Lothar Walther German match barrel than import a bog-standard carbine upper from Brownells Would have cost over 1000 euros about five years ago. The re barreling cost 750.

Be better off literally buying one from one of the importers in Germany,or getting them to build you one to your specs, and let them deal with the paperwork.

There is no such thing or quantify "cheap AR15".In the US perhaps, where the parts are available and for handy money and you can choose your lower to your budget. As lowers and frames are considered "the gun" under US law. You can buy from apparently rubbish Aero precision[poverty pony] lowers for 150 USD to close onto 900 USD for the lower. Around here in Europe be prepared to shell out 1,500 starting price bare bones for an AR.

• Advertisement

When you put it that way it doesn’t make a huge amount of sense. Originally I was hoping the UK lads would be allowed to sell their rifles to people outside of the UK, but that was being fairly idealistic. I might ask around and see how much it would cost to make a cheap AR into a lever release. Also just as a hypothetical, how much would it cost to ship a rifle from America and are there many taxes or fees apart from the import license that would be needed, and the firearms license of course. Again, it’s the mag capacity and unrestricted license that appeals to me and it would be a good stepping stone towards CF semi auto.

https://sportwaffen-triebel.de/en/guns/riflesshotguns/rifles/semi-automatic-rifles?p=3

Advertisement