Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is it so complicated to daily find out the ages of those who passed?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,298 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

They asked Glynn about this already and he said he didn’t want to give out the information because it might send out the wrong message.

He also said median age of deaths was late 80s.

The wrong message being?

I didn't realise nphet were empowered to massage and control any message!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

They asked Glynn about this already and he said he didn’t want to give out the information because it might send out the wrong message.

Code for "we know exactly how hard this country is going to party if we say every day that its largely over 70s passing away from this"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Code for "we know exactly how hard this country is going to party if we say every day that its largely over 70s passing away from this"

Yeah, fúck the over 70s. Smelly has beens. They had their fun, now it's our turn.

YOLO.

Yeah, fúck the over 70s. Smelly has beens. They had their fun, now it's our turn.

YOLO.

That is not what I said, nor what I think

It's what you chose to get angry about

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

03-11-2020-p3.jpg

• Advertisement

04-11-2020-p3.jpg

05-11-2020-p3.jpg

06-11-2020-p3.jpg

cso updated. quick comparison to last one right column on date is increase

1.jpg
    2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,496 ✭✭✭bb1234567

I see a healthcare worker died in October. Surprised that wasn't reported? Or not to my knowledge anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Nphet, not just an advisory board to the government. But also the makers of lockdowns and guardians of this country's morality. Aren't we lucky to have them.

bb1234567 wrote: »
    I see a healthcare worker died in October. Surprised that wasn't reported? Or not to my knowledge anyway

Noticed that myself. Healthcare worker covers roles of
    Healthcare assistant
    Nurse
    Admin/Clerical worker
    Doctor
    Social Worker
    Catering/Kitchen worker
    Homecare
    Radiographer
    Cleaning/household
    Pharmacy worker
    Porter
    Paramedic/ambulance service
    Mental health
    Other

List taken from hpsc report
    https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/surveillance/covid-19casesinhealthcareworkers/HCW_report_12%2010%202020_0.1_web.pdf

Laura on Reddit Ireland https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/jqcy9p/covid_19_deaths_in_october/

I'll try paste the tables in tomorrow, they're not formatting properly here at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The report from Northern Ireland today was freaky, 10 deaths reported 8 of them occurring over the 24 hour period. Sounds like it could be a case of triage to me considering the state of the region at the moment.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

It still won't format for me in a table. Best I can do but hopefully you can read the data

More here https://www.hpsc.ie/a-z/respiratory/coronavirus/novelcoronavirus/casesinireland/epidemiologyofcovid-19inireland/

October

One unfortunate passing aged 25-34

And another 8 people aged under 65

Age Female Male Total

15-24 0 0 0

25-34 0 1 1

35-44 0 0 0

45-54 0 1 1

55-64 1 6 7

65-74 6 19 25

75-84 16 20 36

85+ 23 23 46

Unknown <5 <5 2 [

B]Total[/B]

Yikes @ the amount who sadly passed in today's numbers. That's the highest I can remember in a long time

Yet again though, some clarity on ages and/or underlying symptoms from them should've been given

The Health Protection Surveillance Centre has today been notified of 16 additional deaths related to COVID-19. Of the deaths reported today, 14 occurred in November, 1 in October and 1 remains under investigation.
    From yesterdays epi report
    10-11-2020-p3.jpg

The CSO website was only previously updated with data upto October 14th, but has now been updated upto the end of October

Too many tables to paste in here, there's mountains of data https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/br/b-cdc/covid-19deathsandcasesseries15/

It's not just data on mortalaties at the briefings that they're not forthcoming with

https://twitter.com/RiochtConor2/status/1328055653559132163

https://twitter.com/RiochtConor2/status/1328057071410024448

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭zerosugarbuzz

What is the most up to date yearly death toll for Ireland to date? Just wondering if it has balanced out somewhat since mid year.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/astaines/status/1329122147118292994

Release the ages and/or under-lying conditions daily you scheming cowards

We're 8 months into this and shouldn't be treated like kids anymore

107 backlog cases added today and the stat manipulation continues

They must think we're all eejits

107 backlog cases added today and the stat manipulation continues

They must think we're all eejits

If the testing process is now testing less and therefore on top of things why is there a backlog?

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Dr. Greenthumb

Completely disagree with this. Its absolutely abhorrent to me that anyone would discuss what a life is worth or put a value on anyone's life based on their age.

Is this not what the art of triage is about? So it happens quite regularly.

Seen via Norman in the main thread

According to this, only 64 of Our current hospitalised cases came into Hospital with covid.

The other 211 acquired it in hospital.

https://twitter.com/RiochtConor2/status/1330122887785828352

How reliable is this Conor fella on Twitter?

If the above is true then it only adds credence to them taking us for idiots

You'll never get a journalist asking questions about the above at the briefings because they are as controlled as everything else going on with these figures

Sound crazy? Then why does Zara "can we have weddings yet?" King usually get the first question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Seen via Norman in the main thread

https://twitter.com/RiochtConor2/status/1330122887785828352

If the above is true then it only adds credence to them taking us for idiots

You'll never get a journalist asking questions about the above at the briefings because they are as controlled as everything else going on with these figures

Sound crazy? Then why does Zara "can we have weddings yet?" King usually get the first question?

That's been the case from the very start

26% of Covid cases were health care workers in April

https://www.inmo.ie/Home/Index/217/13581#:~:text=Ireland%20faces%20one%20of%20the,cases%20are%20in%20healthcare%20workers.%E2%80%9D

Walk into any hospital in Ireland right now and they'll put that RTE photo controversy to shame

Coffees together on breaks, eating in canteens, maskless in corridors talking

Its like they don't realise virus is airborne

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭normanoffside

This is what i would like to know.
    In all areas his stats seems well worked out and he doesn't seem to have any agendas.

I'd like to know if this figure is true.
    It would simply take a journalist to put the question to NPHET at one of the press conferences and we would find out if it's right or not.

He's been putting these stats out for months now and sadly none of the journalists has every picked up on any of the obvious questions much less asked them.

George Lee last Thursday was positively excited about the graph showing a marginally higher rate of close contacts per infected person over the last week. Clearly it never dawned to ask how many contacts an average Healthcare worker has given so many of them were infected last week in hospital outbreaks...

Thierry12 wrote: »
    That's been the case from the very start

26% of Covid cases were health care workers in April

Now at about 1 in every 6 though

Let's not get as bad as the "government" in using the stats to suit ourselves ;)

• Advertisement

That Conor lad on Twitter's bio

Financial Supply Chain Process Leader/ Process Mining /Chemical Engineer. Walker, Runner, Skier.

Nothing Medical in there

Perhaps his number crunching needs to be looked into more before we say it's gospel?

Rule number one of all stats: check your sources

Advertisement