Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RTE - head to correct thread if you want to discuss masks again

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

No

• Registered Users Posts: 28,070 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's a case of do as I say not do as I do, the same applies to everyone trying to control us.
    Ok Miriam isn't wearing a mask but Micheal Martin, Eamon Ryan and Leo all got off a bus outside government buildings yesterday and none of them had a mask on in the what looked like a pretty full bus. Tony, Ronan, Nolan are never wearing them yet can give press briefings indoors with strangers the whole way through this pandemic.

There really taking people for complete muppets. I see now the Guards are about to arrest a priest for saying mass with the doors open.
    RTE aren't the problem it's the people listening to them and putting up with this bullshoite without question.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's as if they know the virus is harmless or doesn't exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

It's a case of do as I say not do as I do, the same applies to everyone trying to control us.
    Ok Miriam isn't wearing a mask but Micheal Martin, Eamon Ryan and Leo all got off a bus outside government buildings yesterday and none of them had a mask on in the what looked like a pretty full bus. Tony, Ronan, Nolan are never wearing them yet can give press briefings indoors with strangers the whole way through this pandemic.

There really taking people for complete muppets. I see now the Guards are about to arrest a priest for saying mass with the doors open.
    RTE aren't the problem it's the people listening to them and putting up with this bullshoite without question.

Is there any footage or photos of Tony Holohan wearing a mask?

bush wrote: »

No he was never in favour of them Cillian de Gascun the same. It was Ronan Glynn brought them in while Tony was off. They don't prevent the user from getting Covid that's blatantly obvious at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,496 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

No he was never in favour of them Cillian de Gascun the same. It was Ronan Glynn brought them in while Tony was off. They don't prevent the user from getting Covid that's blatantly obvious at this stage.

Dangerously stupid anti science nonsense.

Is there is something wrong with you, like seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Well I think they are useless too but there cant be one rule for us and one rule for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Well I think they are useless too but there cant be one rule for us and one rule for them.

What do you think they are useless?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,073 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I couldn't find any online.

Boggles wrote: »

Go look at the science. They don't stop you getting it. If they did why the need for lockdown, everyone wear a mask for two weeks full time and they chain of transmission is eradicated.

Fact:
    "A major Danish study has found face masks give no clear protection from Covid-19 infection to the wearer"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Not quite sure what Bill Gates has to do with RTE so kindly leave discussion on him to the Conspiracy Theory Forum please.

Forum Link: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=576

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Ah stop will ye. We're not america ffs. Stop copying the morons over there.

Go look at the science. They don't stop you getting it. If they did why the need for lockdown, everyone wear a mask for two weeks full time and they chain of transmission is eradicated.

Fact:
    "A major Danish study has found face masks give no clear protection from Covid-19 infection to the wearer"

This study?
    It is important to note that the study looked exclusively at the protective effects of masks for the wearer, and not at the wearer’s ability to protect others
    The study thereby fails to confirm the expected halving of risk of infection for the wearer of the face mask, but the results could suggest a moderate level of protection of 15-20 percent
    The findings, however, should not be used to conclude that a recommendation for everyone to wear masks in the community would not be effective in reducing SARS-CoV-2 infections, because the trial did not test the role of masks in source control (transmission from an infected person to others) of SARS-CoV-2 infection

:rolleyes:

Listen lad, unfollow the lunatics and dribblers from your social media feeds and grow the fúck up, the dangerous rubbish you constantly peddle on here could end up getting someone sick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Thierry12

Boggles can you prove a 10 cent surgical mask or a piece of cloth over your face prevents infection?

You can't just dismiss someone without your own scientific facts

I'm sure a €300 N100 respirator mask they use in Biohazard labs or spraying cars in airtight VW centers work to prevent infection

Does that black underpants type cloth mask I have on my face right now protect me

I wouldnt walk into UHL right now thinking i'll be protected lol

Would you care to take that challenge in the name of science?

I wouldn't

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

organisation with a fear mongering government agenda designed to frighten the sh1t out of pensioners who rely on them for news.They barely report on good news constantly promoting bad news stories perfect example would of been the mink story the day the pfizer vaccine made news

Saying that they are not the only media with this agenda independent guardian daily snail etc are the same

Thierry12 wrote: »
    You can't just dismiss someone without your own scientific facts

I'm not a scientist, the "scientific facts" are not mine. :confused:
    Does that black underpants type cloth mask I have on my face right now protect me

WTF? Are you in a basement with moths and a well?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Don't have rte in Poland and won't watch it online.
    Rte news or latest breaking news is crap ,there can be breaking news on every other news outlet and two days later they decide to carry the news story.
    Yet they are one of the quickest to carry negative news stories.
    Many of there reports seem to be a past and copy of Reuters news very poor quality reporting by there reporters.

This study?

:rolleyes:

Listen lad, unfollow the lunatics and dribblers from your social media feeds and grow the fúck up, the dangerous rubbish you constantly peddle on here could end up getting someone sick.

I said they don't protect the wearer that's still correct. Now if you do have it they may protect others from getting it by possibly 10/20%, we had the CDC report 85% of Covid hospital admissions wore a mask most of the time.
    I won't be wearing a mask if I think I'm sick as there's no way I'm going to start breathing back all the covid I'm exhaling, I'll stay at home and not put others at risk.

I said they don't protect the wearer that's still correct.

No it isn't, the study you pulled one quote out of but refused to link to even disagrees with you.

Stop, just stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Hopefully this doesn't turn into a debate on the effectiveness of masks. The point is that if masks, social distancing and WFH are recommended/mandated, our public figures should be complying and be "whiter than white" otherwise there will rightly be accusations of massive hypocrisy.

These RTE people must be pretty stupid, once a photo is taken of anything it should be assumed that it is going to get into the public domain. What else has gone on that hasn't been photographed.

Something that I've come across from the start of this is people in the public service at pains to state that they are an essential worker, they are "very important" and therefore need to be in the office. An outsider looking at some of the work being done would question whether it needs to be done at all let alone needing the individual to be on site/in the office in a pandemic. E.g. George Lee, do we really need him in the RTE studio every evening looking like he has just seen a ghost due to this killer virus or some impending "hurricane".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Balluba

Car99 wrote: »
    What do you think they are useless?

In the past in Ireland many misdemeanours were forgiven after a public apology
    Will an apology be enough this time from the very people investigating and reporting on other people’s bad choices during Covid 19????

No it isn't, the study you pulled one quote out of but refused to link to even disagrees with you.

Stop, just stop.

Look at all the study's outside a lab, report back with your findings.

Hey it's just not me who aren't buying it, look at the government on the bus, the RTE party and NPHET's own behavior in environments were discouraged from even using let alone not wearing a mask in.

This has been completely overblown and the government have went to such extremes it's very hard for them to row back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,222 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Jesus are these people really that thick or just brass necked to do this?

After everything that has happened.

Look at all the study's outside a lab,

:pac:

We'll leave it there so, you might at least consider my advice.

I'm not a scientist, the "scientific facts" are not mine. :confused:

WTF? Are you in a basement with moths and a well?

In office today, masks have to be worn at all times on site here and canteen is closed, which I agree with fully.

Something thats not even happening at our hospitals

They can have coffees on site at our hospitals with an airborne virus circulating

• Registered Users Posts: 8,945 ✭✭✭duffman13

Look at all the study's outside a lab, report back with your findings.

Hey it's just not me who aren't buying it, look at the government on the bus, the RTE party and NPHET's own behavior in environments were discouraged from even using let alone not wearing a mask in.

This has been completely overblown and the government have went to such extremes it's very hard for them to row back.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/masking-science-sars-cov2.html

Seems reasonable from their real world studies that mask wearing reduces the spread of Covid. Im not sure what studies your referencing above but maybe share them here. Im open minded and tend to try read things objectively.

I wouldn't usually use the CDC considering how poorly America are doing with Covid but its concise and interesting.

funnydoggy wrote: »
    Real or not, it's interesting.

Why would it be interesting if it isn't real? :confused:

It's not real by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭prunudo

In office today, masks have to be worn at all times on site here and canteen is closed, which I agree with fully.

Something thats not even happening at our hospitals

They can have coffees on site at our hospitals with an airborne virus circulating

Where do you have lunch, at your desk?

duffman13 wrote: »
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/masking-science-sars-cov2.html

Seems reasonable from their real world studies that mask wearing reduces the spread of Covid. Im not sure what studies your referencing above but maybe share them here. Im open minded and tend to try read things objectively.

I wouldn't usually use the CDC considering how poorly America are doing with Covid but its concise and interesting.

They do work some bit, common sense they have to, don't think anyone disagrees with that

No good in high viral load areas but a quick run through office floor with little viral load might help

I'm just shocked with how well private industries in force masks, social distancing etc and our public industry like RTE dont give a ****

I work for a multi national and in office right now, if I took off my mask on site I'd be fired, yet RTE, NPHET don't bother with them or social distance

Tony our CMO hasn't worn a mask once, walking around luke Maximus in his prime and RTE having office parties

Its disgraceful

• Advertisement

prunudo wrote: »
    Where do you have lunch, at your desk?

Off site

In car usually

Masks can't be removed, its 90% WFH here

Advertisement