Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

The journos are all rimming Hoolihan and Co because they want to ghost write his inevitable book which will be on the shelves next Christmas.

Specially selected Book stores will of course be exempt from restrictions.

529562.png

• Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

Arghus wrote: »
    She wasn't even a journalist. The paper she said she was from didn't exist - she's from a family of fundamentalist Christian nutters that are always on the receiving end of persecution that requires media attention.

Yeah thats what I'm saying, probably a bit more stringent who gets in after that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭prunudo

Stheno wrote: »
    Data from the HSE earlier on hospital ACQUIRED infections, up 160% the first week of this month alone

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/a-further-four-deaths-from-covid-19-and-429-new-cases-recorded-1.4413946

At least somebody is actually putting in print where the issues are even if nphet won't acknowledge it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

UHL group had said it was 221 total between cases and those isolating

Ah ok, if it was 221 confirmed it would be massive negligence.

George Lee is a grovelling cretin. Stealing a living.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Did someone post here last night about an outbreak in Vincents ? I remember seeing something about it.

Anyway just heard a family member went in today for a consultants visit, the family member was wearing their mask, the consultant wasn't, even said you can take your mask off if you want while they were in the office.

Unbelievable

From the article I linked up above
    Some 65 per cent of the hospitalised cases are spread across seven hospitals — Letterkenny, University Hospital Limerick, Tallaght, St James’s, St Vincents, Drogheda and Beaumont — all of which have outbreaks to “various different degrees”.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭MOR316

Gotten to a point where health is my 2nd priority now.

My number one priority now is getting that insect, George Lee, off the TV

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭davemckenna25

Yes there is, by yesterday evening 221 healthcare workers in University Hospital Limerick were identified as having Covid. All originating from a single cluster. Why the journalists present won't address this beggars belief.

I do believe its 221 are off work due to covid19. Some are off due to testing positive and some are off due to be deemed close contacts. Not 221 positive cases in staff.
    Lets stick to the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Remember when he went into politics... for 6 months

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

Everyone is stealing a living, according to boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

Yeah thats what I'm saying, probably a bit more stringent who gets in after that

It's the only gig in town at the moment. The tickets must be like gold dust.

Seriously though there is a conflict of interest in terms of the HSE representation on NPHET. They won't be going out of their way to draw attention to hospitals. Dr Tony mentioned that people were going to work while ill in healthcare settings when they were clearly not well.

That's a bit of a deflection. I'm sure you do get people like that but outbreaks on wards are only sourced from this. HSE is not an organisation known for rewarding whistleblowers.

Edit: Having read the Irish times article posted below they are acknowledging it and trying to fix it.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/a-further-four-deaths-from-covid-19-and-429-new-cases-recorded-1.4413946
    Earlier, new figures from the HSE were presented which showed hospital-acquired cases of Covid-19 increased by more than 160 per cent in the first week of this month, with 100 patients contracting the virus in acute hospitals in one week alone.
    Health officials have warned that outbreaks in health care settings are of particular concern moving into the winter period.
    At the weekly HSE briefing on Thursday afternoon, Martin Cormican, national lead for associated infection and antimicrobial resistance, said there were 38 incidences of patients acquiring Covid-19 while in hospital the week ending November 1st, and this rose to 100 in the week ending November 8th.
    Prof Cormican said preventing the spread of infection in hospitals “is always hard” because it is a setting which requires “intense person-to-person interaction”.
    “When a hospital has an outbreak you can get a large number of cases in a very short space of time. We know that Letterkenny, Limerick and Naas have been struggling with large outbreaks and so the numbers came up quite quickly,” he said.

Prof Cormican added that healthcare workers are asked to clean their hands 10 times an hour and that “one lapse in a 12-hour shift can spread infection”.

“Nobody is happy about the number going up, we’re not saying anyone is to blame, but we, as the HSE, are responsible and we are going to do everything we can to get those numbers better,” he added.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,989 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Dec 1st open up and no more NPHET media briefings please. We shouldn't be giving this lot the time of day.

I do believe its 221 are off work due to covid19. Some are off due to testing positive and some are off due to be deemed close contacts. Not 221 positive cases in staff.
    Lets stick to the facts.

Yes, and while I haven't seen numbers for Vincents, I believe it was the same there. A department (could be more than one) having to close due to a combination of some staff testing positive and other staff having to self isolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Date Announced Swabs
    19 429 390
    18 379 389
    17 366 364
    16 456 491
    15 378 374
    14 456 388
    13 482 523
    12 395 423
    11 362 418
    10 270 284
    9 270 327
    8 542 315
    7 335 428
    6 499 502
    5 591 450
    4 444 617
    3 322 391
    2 767 394
    1 552 539
    31 416 674
    30 772 684
    29 866 783
    28 675 657
    27 720 535
    26 939 738
    25 1025 922
    24 859 975
    23 777 1036
    22 1066 1035
    21 1167 1112
    20 1269 905

18846 18063

• Registered Users Posts: 11,638 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

The CMO really isn’t helping end all this antivax ****e by constantly downplaying the vaccine

I haven't watched this in a long time, but happen to be working at my desk right now so turned to the presser.

Jesus Christ. It just goes on and and on and on and on and on. Repeating the same stuff over and over. With sycophantic journos asking questions that have already been answered.

Is it seriously like this every time? What a waste of everybody's time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭bikeman1

Whatever about the stuff coming out from Dr Doom, 2nd best in Europe and still miserable and downbeat.

But who are those people asking questions? Certainly not journalists? The most useless bunch of questions that could be asked. It’s like they are getting their ideas from their Instagram or Twitter, oh wait they are.

No tough questions whatsoever. What happened to go old investigating questions.

Lee was a laugh, oooh ahhh that’s a striking graph ooh aahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

What do people want NPHET/govt to do? Genuine question....I just see a lot of people complaining about numbers but not really sure what they want to actually happen....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,571 ✭✭✭giveitholly

What do people want NPHET/govt to do? Genuine question....I just see a lot of people complaining about numbers but not really sure what they want to actually happen....

Be more transparent about what is going on in hospitals would be one thing and stop blaming house parties and takeaway pints for these outbreaks

The CMO really isn’t helping end all this antivax ****e by constantly downplaying the vaccine

As I've said before its like they don't understand human behaviours or how words and actions can sometimes have unintended consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,202 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

It's the only gig in town at the moment. The tickets must be like gold dust.

Seriously though there is a conflict of interest in terms of the HSE representation on NPHET. They won't be going out of their way to draw attention to hospitals. Dr Tony mentioned that people were going to work while ill in healthcare settings when they were clearly not well.

That's a bit of a deflection. I'm sure you do get people like that but outbreaks on wards are only sourced from this. HSE is not an organisation known for rewarding whistleblowers.

Yeah would agree with all of that really.

The HSE representation hadn't really crossed my mind until you mentioned it there and that makes sense, why draw attention to ourselves, group it all under work places, a very general term

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Date Announced Swabs
    19 429 390
    18 379 389
    17 366 364
    16 456 491
    15 378 374
    14 456 388
    13 482 523
    12 395 423
    11 362 418
    10 270 284
    9 270 327
    8 542 315
    7 335 428
    6 499 502
    5 591 450
    4 444 617
    3 322 391
    2 767 394
    1 552 539
    31 416 674
    30 772 684
    29 866 783
    28 675 657
    27 720 535
    26 939 738
    25 1025 922
    24 859 975
    23 777 1036
    22 1066 1035
    21 1167 1112
    20 1269 905

18846 18063

In the 15 days prior to that swabs were 857 higher. It all comes out in the wash.

They might be delaying the numbers (I still don't think its deliberate) but they aren't creating cases.

prunudo wrote: »
    As I've said behaviour its like they don't understand human behaviours or how words and actions can sometimes have unintended consequences.

like for example saying we've a vaccine, we're all saved leading to people completely disregarding all current public health measures months before we actually get it?

Do you have trouble understanding? The vaccine will not be in play until next year. Of course he must down play if idiots are think it is reason to forget the rules NOW

• Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

rob316 wrote: »
    Dec 1st open up and no more NPHET media briefings please. We shouldn't be giving this lot the time of day.

I do agree there should be no press briefing but then what no number at all only at weekends, Imagine if you hear instead 400 you hear 2800. Lets just ignore it nothing to see here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Be more transparent about what is going on in hospitals would be one thing and stop blaming house parties and takeaway pints for these outbreaks

But there's never going to be a situation, even if we are down to 50 cases a day, where they won't be conveying the same message: limit your contacts etc, etc - that's the message, it isn't going to change.

they want them to align with whatever armchair epidemiology they've scribbled on the back of a fag packet that day. when that doesn't happen they get upset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

The Irish time article was good in that some doctor at their press conference acknowledged it and say they are responsible and will do everything to fix.

Would be hard to get those words out of Tony. You don't get to the top here by acknowledging failings and trying to fix them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,134 ✭✭✭screamer

Did someone post here last night about an outbreak in Vincents ? I remember seeing something about it.

Anyway just heard a family member went in today for a consultants visit, the family member was wearing their mask, the consultant wasn't, even said you can take your mask off if you want while they were in the office.

Unbelievable

same thing happened to my dad yesterday in waterford regional or whatever its called these days..,,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,720 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Didn't see it tonight what did he say exactly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement