Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Really doesnt sit well with me how they’re forcing this issue on the public when there’s serious problems in our hospitals

• Registered Users Posts: 15,209 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

But the data we see is two days old. They see more recent data I guess.

What ??

The data available even to us is in real time once a day, Its not difficult to find. You can only report positivity once test stats are in and thats all released daily

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

Stalled last week and reducing again last few days. Complete opposite of what's being portrayed here in this press conference.

I'm not calling conspiracy, but we've had swabs v cases line up more or less spot on the last few days and then they come out with cases nearly 100 more than swabs.

people here don't understand how the daily cases are decided on (including me). people have been confused dozens of times over the last few months as daily figures are more or less than expected. to assign that confusion to "NPHET playing with the figures" to support their "agenda" is just ridiculous to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Does anyone genuinely know where they’ve gotten the extra 100 cases from?

I think it just wouldn't fit with the narrative so they had to find them from somewhere

Tony Holohan: "We need to redouble our efforts"

Where have I heard that one before. Push a button, generate a quote.

• Advertisement

Nolan is being misquoted I think.

He said that psoitivity in the non hospital labs is increasing.

Im presuming that the hospital labs have been doing a lot of mass testing (everyone in the hospital) and don't reflect the true positivity.

I've listened back and he said positivity increasing, again not accurate, reducing last few days after last weeks increase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MOR316

Really doesnt sit well with me how they’re forcing this issue on the public when there’s serious problems in our hospitals

Not looking at themselves and what they could do?

Sounds familiar with Tony...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭boggerman1

Tony is some bull****ter at this stage.i’d day he would love to go around and weld shut every door in the country for as long as he can get away with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭prunudo

Obviously the people drinking on the streets and going to funerals are all going into hospitals on the way home to infect the patients and staff. Its the only plausible reason surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,845 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Nolan is blasting the 100 cases target now. Seems they're shifting to "as low as we can" now

• Advertisement

Workplace outbreaks driving up the numbers.
    People must work from home.

Can healthcare workers work from home?

Last week it was funerals, this week its workplaces.

God forbid they'd say the work places are in the health system

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Tony Holohan: "We need to redouble our efforts"

Where have I heard that one before. Push a button, generate a quote.

The next 2 weeks are crucial

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Christ, is it beyond whoever is running these broadcasts to do a picture in picture or just have a vision mixer?

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Pitch n Putt

Social contacts this social contacts that.

Schools Schools Schools //Workplaces

From the press conference you’d swear there is none of the above open

These people are jokers skirting around the real transmission locations and blaming the general public for all the cases.

There is zero chance of 100 cases or lower by December 1st while schools remain open.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭pauldry

173 cases in Dublin, 44 in Cork, 26 in Donegal, 22 in Louth, 21 in Kildare and remaining 143 cases are spread across the remaining 20 counties

Apart from Dublin everywhere else the trend is our friend but RTE and Tony will focus on high TOTAL number.

I still can't believe that none of the journalists will ask a question about hospital outbreaks and hospital acquired infections.

It's not a secret, they are well publicised.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Just imagine how interesting these press conferences would be if the likes of Vincent Browne was asking the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

On a related topic the teachers have demanded priority for vaccines. Not sure if they mean they should be first in line or not, with nurses, carers in nursing homes being behind teachers in the queue.

But a critical question is - if teachers are given some sort of priority (which is perfectly reasonable), what would happen a teacher who refuses to get the vaccine?

Should they be banned from schools - without pay until they get the vaccine?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,639 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

It is genuinely remarkable how thick the media in this country are. I guarantee none of them even know the swab data is available.

• Advertisement

"We know that Level 3 didn't work in controlling the virus". NPHET have planted a journalist in the audience.

A journalist saying that it is known that level 3 didn't work.

Where did he get that from?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

They need to accept the numbers now are best were gonna get.

The first lockdown will never be repeated again.

NHPET need to learn to live with the numbers going up or down and stop with all this gibberish.

I think NPHET must be giving the journalists the questions they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Will Yam

prunudo wrote: »
    Obviously the people drinking on the streets and going to funerals are all going into hospitals on the way home to infect the patients and staff. Its the only plausible reason surely.

But that wouldn’t explain the upsurge after 4 weeks at level 5.

The street drinking has been going on since level 5 started, as have funerals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

It is genuinely remarkable how thick the media in this country are. I guarantee none of them even know the swab data is available.

Privileged rich sheltered lives.

Haven't a clue.

Journalists present are a bunch of complacent morons who won't ask the pressing questions. In particular what proportion of cases in last 7 days were identified in healthcare settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Journalists truly are an evil bunch. Lockdowns are good for business in their industry. Horrible people.

Cases will come down over the next 4 or 5 days and in the next presser NPHET will be claiming that people listened to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,298 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think the criticism of NPHET here is misguided. We are in one of best positions in all of Europe.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement