Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tesco.ie Vouchers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

rubadub wrote: »
    I do too, but I am usually just buying for myself so not big spends. The typical complaint you see is people saying they spend thousands with big families and get nothing.

As your vouchers are €12 I guess you are also not doing big family shops?

I probably spend €60-€70 a week in Tesco so the €12 off vouchers are perfect for me. I got the €10 off €40 vouchers from Dunnes today but hardly ever shop there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭lucalux

I probably spend about €60-90 minimum, (plus smaller topup shops) each fortnight in Tesco since March, and got one voucher for three euro off.
    Same last time. What with the boost deals which I have no use for, and no vouchers at all on new products, or offers; 3 euro isn't much good to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭SourSessions

lucalux wrote: »
    I probably spend about €60-90 minimum, (plus smaller topup shops) each fortnight in Tesco since March, and got one voucher for three euro off.
    Same last time. What with the boost deals which I have no use for, and no vouchers at all on new products, or offers; 3 euro isn't much good to me

If you only got €3, you must have only had 300 points?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If you only got €3, you must have only had 300 points?

yeah, that's the complaint that often makes no sense, the complaint of tiny amounts of vouchers is just proof about how little you spent! or how cheap stuff is these days in lots of supermarkets. I have forgotten my wallet several times and was still able to pay for my full shop with the loose change in my bag.

Unless they are forgetting to use the clubcard so missing out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Got my vouchers today, they needn't have bothered! The last time they sent me 16 off 80 of which I think I only managed to use 2 of the 6 at most. This time they send me 20 off 120! They're taking the piss!

I'm a single man, who up until COVID used to live in central Dublin surrounded by 3 Tesco Express stores. Maybe if I save up all the stuff I need to buy for Christmas and buy it all in 1 week I might get to use one of the 20 off vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭rodge123

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Got my vouchers today, they needn't have bothered! The last time they sent me 16 off 80 of which I think I only managed to use 2 of the 6 at most. This time they send me 20 off 120! They're taking the piss!

I'm a single man, who up until COVID used to live in central Dublin surrounded by 3 Tesco Express stores. Maybe if I save up all the stuff I need to buy for Christmas and buy it all in 1 week I might get to use one of the 20 off vouchers.

All I got was my vouchers that I’ve earned though points!

Do my weekly shop there spending about €200.
    In-laws don’t do half the amount of shopping and they got load of 12 off If spend 60.

Like wtf?!

Tesco can go and s&€:;, will be switching my weekly shop to Aldi and dunnes now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭lucalux

rubadub wrote: »
    yeah, that's the complaint that often makes no sense, the complaint of tiny amounts of vouchers is just proof about how little you spent! or how cheap stuff is these days in lots of supermarkets. I have forgotten my wallet several times and was still able to pay for my full shop with the loose change in my bag.

Unless they are forgetting to use the clubcard so missing out.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant no "€5 off €25" kind of vouchers that they used to put in along with your earned points.

I definitely forgot to use my Tesco card a few times, but that's what people advise on here isn't it, if you use your card less/have another card, they'll send you more vouchers? Anyway, I just think it's a waste of paper sending out one voucher in the mailing, they could have an option to have digital vouchers applied to your Clubcard number maybe.
    Either way it's not the biggest issue in the world but considerin

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant no "€5 off €25" kind of vouchers that they used to put in along with your earned points.
    You were clear. That is what I understood you meant.
    I probably spend about €60-90 minimum, (plus smaller topup shops) each fortnight in Tesco since March, and got one voucher for three euro off
    You should be getting 1 point per euro spent, regardless of what you buy, so if you only got 3 euro in vouchers it would appear you only spent about 300euro in that quarter which you registered your card against (though I guess they do some rounding but should catch up next time).

What I am getting at is you say you are spending up to 90 per fortnight, but that you are possibly mistaken and are in fact spending far less, as reflected in your very low awarded points. If you genuinely think you have been spending many multiples of that I would be complaining. I am often shocked myself at the small value vouchers I get, until I cop on I should be delighted I have actually spent so little.

I see some people gather their receipts to get them scanned in all at once, if you forget to use your card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I got a load of fiver off a €25 shop vouchers - one per week I think. Handy for buying a bottle. They have Hennessy's for 25 at the mo which is 20 after the voucher - really good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,809 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When did people receive their vouchers?
    Our’s are missing along with a Birthday Card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I only got a single €2 money off voucher despite the fact I thought I spend much more there!

What is the general consensus, is it that spend and save vouchers go to people who don't often use their clubcards?
    I'd happily pass on the €2 voucher for a few decent vouchers next time!

When did people receive their vouchers?
    Our’s are missing along with a Birthday Card.

i reckon you should have got them by now, since my first voucher ended on sunday. I used week 2 today which started today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

I forgot my tesco clubcard last time and was surprised that I could use the voucher without one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Has anyone not received their usual vouchers from Tesco? Iv got nothing in months!!!

We rang the helpline about our issue and they said we should have recovered them last week. So, they are sending out more.
    Still no sign of them or the cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Still haven't received mine. Would be due a few.

Rewired wrote: »
    Still haven't received mine. Would be due a few.

Ours got lost in the post.
    Almost certainly a turd of a neighbor got them.
    We contacted them and they sent us a gift card instead.
    I’d contact the club card helpline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Have Tesco stopped giving out the '€10 euro off X spend' type of vouchers in the post? We have two Tesco cards that we do most of our shopping through and have only got the small clubcard points vouchers in the post the last few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,130 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Prezatch wrote: »
    Have Tesco stopped giving out the '€10 euro off X spend' type of vouchers in the post? We have two Tesco cards that we do most of our shopping through and have only got the small clubcard points vouchers in the post the last few times.

Some people still seem to be getting them. Maybe the store they are registered with is looking to boost sales, or maybe they are only doing occasional small shops so Tesco thinks they can entice them back. I can't remember the last time I or family members got any - I shop there a lot, they shop there occasionally.

But it doesn't seem to be a general thing like it is with Supervalu or Dunnes.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,996 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Prezatch wrote: »
    Have Tesco stopped giving out the '€10 euro off X spend' type of vouchers in the post?
    Why would they do it?
    Supermarkets have guaranteed customers due to most other places being closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

zell12 wrote: »
    Why would they do it?

To get customers into their own specific supermarket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

okidoki987 wrote: »
    To get customers into their own specific supermarket.

Ya dunnes always gave them out regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭rodge123

I was doing full weekly shop of about €200 a week with them most of last year.
    Stopped when the in in-laws got a load of vouchers before Xmas from them even though they spend a fraction of that weekly.

Promoted me to switch my shopping to Aldi and dunnes. Just pick up whether I can’t get then in Tesco.

Finding that my weekly shop cost has gone down too.

I’ll show them! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

They've gone very tight with their vouchers. I used to get a lot of x extra points if you buy this, y extra points if you buy that vouchers from them, but lately it's only a couple of pitiful 50cents off 2eur spend on bin bags or similar nonsense. I'd probably would shop there even less if I hadn't Tesco top-up mobile and vouchers are very handy and cheap way to top up (5eur voucher = 15eur top up).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bronkobilly

got some vouchers i was amazed wen i looked at them 20 euro in 4 fiver vouchers wen we added over the christmas food and alcohol came to a lot spent and we get 20 euro :confused:

• Advertisement

j@utis wrote: »
    They've gone very tight with their vouchers. I used to get a lot of x extra points if you buy this, y extra points if you buy that vouchers from them, but lately it's only a couple of pitiful 50cents off 2eur spend on bin bags or similar nonsense. I'd probably would shop there even less if I hadn't Tesco top-up mobile and vouchers are very handy and cheap way to top up (5eur voucher = 15eur top up).
    its handy getting a fiver voucher and turning it into a 15 euro top up but how much do u have to spend to get that 5 euro voucher as now no points are given even on alcohol

j@utis wrote: »

got one voucher 50 cent off a bottle of washing up liquid:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,996 ✭✭✭✭zell12

...but how much do u have to spend to get that 5 euro voucher..
    500 euro, caller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

€1 off toilet roll if I spend more than €4 on toilet roll in the post today.....worth the wait!!

€1 off toilet roll if I spend more than €4 on toilet roll in the post today.....worth the wait!!

You mean you've been holding it in all this time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

zell12 wrote: »
    Why would they do it?

As regards clubcard vouchers My friend gets 10 off 50 tesco vouchers on clubcard. I'm on clubcard but never get them. They select who they decide to give them to. Tesco dont give much back to the customer. I once dealt with their head office customer service based in Scotland and I was very disappointed with the way I was treated. I never warmed to the company for some reason. Like a lot of shops you're just a number and your custom is taken for granted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,413 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Got vouchers during the week, zero x off y vouchers.

None for me either, I would struggle to use them now booze is off the cards. I used to stock up on drink that would do me months.

The vouchers for specific items seem to be long gone too, like getting 50 points if you buy tesco finest cheese or certain branded products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Same here. Got 8.50 in vouchers. No money off ones.

got one voucher 50 cent off a bottle of washing up liquid:D

Jeez you're cleaning up

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Housefree

Got a load of €12 off a €60 spend, 6 weeks worth

Housefree wrote: »

Well for you....it's soo random with Tesco!

Can I just ask a question about clubcard boost. I have a 4.50 voucher. My friend gave me his 50c voucher. Can both vouchers be added together to obtain €15 tesco mobile credit?

M

Housefree wrote: »

I've to redo my strategy, going to go with new account using Irish translation of my address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Can I just ask a question about clubcard boost. I have a 4.50 voucher. My friend gave me his 50c voucher. Can both vouchers be added together to obtain €15 tesco mobile credit?

Yes. I do it all the time, I use vouchers from the Wife, Sister and Sister--law. Often use vouchers from 2 or 3 different accounts, never had an issue.

• Advertisement

Yyhhuuu wrote: »

ring clubcard to see if its okay as on there records they will tell if its your vouchers u are using for the credit

ring clubcard to see if its okay as on there records they will tell if its your vouchers u are using for the credit

They only say you have to abide by rules. But thanks to replies in practice it seems workable?

Tesco boost was wonderful for tesco mobile in the past but since I moved to go mo I never looked back. Too much trouble topping up with tesco mobile and very little data.

Has anybody got a Spring mailing yet?

I'd have thought I'd have got something by now.

A few ago my receipt went from saying 1100 point to balance not available and then back yo 1100.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

My receipt said tonight that points reset from the 27th of March and I'll receive a statement shortly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

Arriving next week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

Arrived today. New App launched with €10 off €30 spend on signing up. Also Clubcard prices next week

• Advertisement
    M

Tesco in UK are doing a special where you can use £8 in vouchers for 6 months Disney+, likely they will follow here, ours is currently 3 months for €9.

Advertisement