Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Tesco.ie Vouchers Thread

14567810»

Comments

• zell12 wrote: »
    Why would they do it?
    Supermarkets have guaranteed customers due to most other places being closed.

To get customers into their own specific supermarket.

• okidoki987 wrote: »
    To get customers into their own specific supermarket.

Ya dunnes always gave them out regardless.

• I was doing full weekly shop of about €200 a week with them most of last year.
    Stopped when the in in-laws got a load of vouchers before Xmas from them even though they spend a fraction of that weekly.

Promoted me to switch my shopping to Aldi and dunnes. Just pick up whether I can’t get then in Tesco.

Finding that my weekly shop cost has gone down too.

I’ll show them! :D

• They've gone very tight with their vouchers. I used to get a lot of x extra points if you buy this, y extra points if you buy that vouchers from them, but lately it's only a couple of pitiful 50cents off 2eur spend on bin bags or similar nonsense. I'd probably would shop there even less if I hadn't Tesco top-up mobile and vouchers are very handy and cheap way to top up (5eur voucher = 15eur top up).

• got some vouchers i was amazed wen i looked at them 20 euro in 4 fiver vouchers wen we added over the christmas food and alcohol came to a lot spent and we get 20 euro :confused:

• Advertisement

• They've gone very tight with their vouchers. I used to get a lot of x extra points if you buy this, y extra points if you buy that vouchers from them, but lately it's only a couple of pitiful 50cents off 2eur spend on bin bags or similar nonsense. I'd probably would shop there even less if I hadn't Tesco top-up mobile and vouchers are very handy and cheap way to top up (5eur voucher = 15eur top up).
    its handy getting a fiver voucher and turning it into a 15 euro top up but how much do u have to spend to get that 5 euro voucher as now no points are given even on alcohol

got one voucher 50 cent off a bottle of washing up liquid:D

• ...but how much do u have to spend to get that 5 euro voucher..
    500 euro, caller

• €1 off toilet roll if I spend more than €4 on toilet roll in the post today.....worth the wait!!

• €1 off toilet roll if I spend more than €4 on toilet roll in the post today.....worth the wait!!

You mean you've been holding it in all this time?

• Advertisement

• zell12 wrote: »
    Why would they do it?
    Supermarkets have guaranteed customers due to most other places being closed.

As regards clubcard vouchers My friend gets 10 off 50 tesco vouchers on clubcard. I'm on clubcard but never get them. They select who they decide to give them to. Tesco dont give much back to the customer. I once dealt with their head office customer service based in Scotland and I was very disappointed with the way I was treated. I never warmed to the company for some reason. Like a lot of shops you're just a number and your custom is taken for granted.

• Got vouchers during the week, zero x off y vouchers.

None for me either, I would struggle to use them now booze is off the cards. I used to stock up on drink that would do me months.

The vouchers for specific items seem to be long gone too, like getting 50 points if you buy tesco finest cheese or certain branded products.

Same here. Got 8.50 in vouchers. No money off ones.

• got one voucher 50 cent off a bottle of washing up liquid:D

Jeez you're cleaning up

• Got a load of €12 off a €60 spend, 6 weeks worth

• Housefree wrote: »
    Got a load of €12 off a €60 spend, 6 weeks worth

Well for you....it's soo random with Tesco!

• Can I just ask a question about clubcard boost. I have a 4.50 voucher. My friend gave me his 50c voucher. Can both vouchers be added together to obtain €15 tesco mobile credit?

• Housefree wrote: »
    Got a load of €12 off a €60 spend, 6 weeks worth

I've to redo my strategy, going to go with new account using Irish translation of my address.

• Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Can I just ask a question about clubcard boost. I have a 4.50 voucher. My friend gave me his 50c voucher. Can both vouchers be added together to obtain €15 tesco mobile credit?

Yes. I do it all the time, I use vouchers from the Wife, Sister and Sister--law. Often use vouchers from 2 or 3 different accounts, never had an issue.

• Advertisement

• Yyhhuuu wrote: »
    Can I just ask a question about clubcard boost. I have a 4.50 voucher. My friend gave me his 50c voucher. Can both vouchers be added together to obtain €15 tesco mobile credit?

ring clubcard to see if its okay as on there records they will tell if its your vouchers u are using for the credit

• ring clubcard to see if its okay as on there records they will tell if its your vouchers u are using for the credit

They only say you have to abide by rules. But thanks to replies in practice it seems workable?

Tesco boost was wonderful for tesco mobile in the past but since I moved to go mo I never looked back. Too much trouble topping up with tesco mobile and very little data.

Advertisement