Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco.ie Vouchers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭aidz

Yesterday received 16 off 100 each week to Christmas.
    in October got sent weekly 15 off 70
    and in august got sent 12 off 60.

hadn't shopped in Tesco since last christmas until I received these vouchers this year.
    the new 16 off 100 isn't great though. will likely return to dunnes for there 10 off 50 with the exception of buying supplies of drink or electrics in tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I've got 16eur off 90eur, it doesn't sound too bad as we normally spend around 100eur for family of 3 but when tesco is allowed to sell clothes again I'll be buying my son new wardrobe - he shoot up and all his pants are too short for him :D just throw in 20eur of clothing in every week, and we're sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Got my 6, €15 off spend of €70. That is the highest value to spend I have ever gotten.

Better than nothing I suppose, but I have no car so carrying that amount is difficult.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

snowgal wrote: »
    And I got 6x 15 off 70, so random! I’ll use one I’d say for a Xmas booze shop maybe, though I’ve been saving my dunnes coupons along with shop and save so that’ll be for main big shop....
    Remember you won't be able to use any vouchers buying alcohol any more come January 11th so you've good reason to go OTT in the meantime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

rubadub wrote: »
    So do you really thing this is genuinely random?!

Not at all. Its a bag of lies they spin to justify whatever perceived unfairness comes back to haunt them.

• Advertisement

Quackster wrote: »
    Remember you won't be able to use any vouchers buying alcohol any more come January 11th so you've good reason to go OTT in the meantime!!
    +1, one christmas I had cans bought that was lasting till sept, and still vodka left to this day.

Vodka is not going to go off, and if that min pricing nonsense comes in it will only be more valuable, even if you don't drink its a handy present to have at hand.

A litre of smirnoff/gordons gin/morgans rum is currently €23, so 3 bottles is €69. I got €15 off €70 vouchers so that is like its costing €54 if you do not discount the €1 item you get.

3x700ml bottles of those 3 is €50 at the moment.

The vodka will probably dip to €20 a bottle closer to xmas, usually as 2 for €40.

Thinking of the spirits I am actually glad I got the higher €70 vouchers now, since its a higher % off than the usual 10 off 50. the 15/70 is 21.4%, vs 20%, and it means I can buy more of them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭you2008

got my 10 off 50 yesterday on the post - will heading for 5 bottles of Baileys today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Got 10 off 40 from dunnes fair play !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

If you shop too often at Tescos you dont get those coupons...I know a mate who does most of his shopping at Dunnes and always get 5 of 25 with each club card statement !

I do 90% of my shopping at Tesco, received 6 x €12 off €60 shop vouchers on Monday.

Curlysue76 wrote: »
    I do 90% of my shopping at Tesco, received 6 x €12 off €60 shop vouchers on Monday.
    I do too, but I am usually just buying for myself so not big spends. The typical complaint you see is people saying they spend thousands with big families and get nothing.

As your vouchers are €12 I guess you are also not doing big family shops?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Curlysue76

I do too, but I am usually just buying for myself so not big spends. The typical complaint you see is people saying they spend thousands with big families and get nothing.

As your vouchers are €12 I guess you are also not doing big family shops?

I probably spend €60-€70 a week in Tesco so the €12 off vouchers are perfect for me. I got the €10 off €40 vouchers from Dunnes today but hardly ever shop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lucalux

I probably spend about €60-90 minimum, (plus smaller topup shops) each fortnight in Tesco since March, and got one voucher for three euro off.
    Same last time. What with the boost deals which I have no use for, and no vouchers at all on new products, or offers; 3 euro isn't much good to me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SourSessions

lucalux wrote: »
    I probably spend about €60-90 minimum, (plus smaller topup shops) each fortnight in Tesco since March, and got one voucher for three euro off.
    Same last time. What with the boost deals which I have no use for, and no vouchers at all on new products, or offers; 3 euro isn't much good to me

If you only got €3, you must have only had 300 points?

If you only got €3, you must have only had 300 points?

yeah, that's the complaint that often makes no sense, the complaint of tiny amounts of vouchers is just proof about how little you spent! or how cheap stuff is these days in lots of supermarkets. I have forgotten my wallet several times and was still able to pay for my full shop with the loose change in my bag.

Unless they are forgetting to use the clubcard so missing out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

Got my vouchers today, they needn't have bothered! The last time they sent me 16 off 80 of which I think I only managed to use 2 of the 6 at most. This time they send me 20 off 120! They're taking the piss!

I'm a single man, who up until COVID used to live in central Dublin surrounded by 3 Tesco Express stores. Maybe if I save up all the stuff I need to buy for Christmas and buy it all in 1 week I might get to use one of the 20 off vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭rodge123

johnnykilo wrote: »
    Got my vouchers today, they needn't have bothered! The last time they sent me 16 off 80 of which I think I only managed to use 2 of the 6 at most. This time they send me 20 off 120! They're taking the piss!

I'm a single man, who up until COVID used to live in central Dublin surrounded by 3 Tesco Express stores. Maybe if I save up all the stuff I need to buy for Christmas and buy it all in 1 week I might get to use one of the 20 off vouchers.

All I got was my vouchers that I’ve earned though points!

Do my weekly shop there spending about €200.
    In-laws don’t do half the amount of shopping and they got load of 12 off If spend 60.

Like wtf?!

Tesco can go and s&€:;, will be switching my weekly shop to Aldi and dunnes now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭lucalux

yeah, that's the complaint that often makes no sense, the complaint of tiny amounts of vouchers is just proof about how little you spent! or how cheap stuff is these days in lots of supermarkets. I have forgotten my wallet several times and was still able to pay for my full shop with the loose change in my bag.

Unless they are forgetting to use the clubcard so missing out.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant no "€5 off €25" kind of vouchers that they used to put in along with your earned points.

I definitely forgot to use my Tesco card a few times, but that's what people advise on here isn't it, if you use your card less/have another card, they'll send you more vouchers? Anyway, I just think it's a waste of paper sending out one voucher in the mailing, they could have an option to have digital vouchers applied to your Clubcard number maybe.
    Either way it's not the biggest issue in the world but considerin

Sorry I wasn't clear, I meant no "€5 off €25" kind of vouchers that they used to put in along with your earned points.
    You were clear. That is what I understood you meant.
    I probably spend about €60-90 minimum, (plus smaller topup shops) each fortnight in Tesco since March, and got one voucher for three euro off
    You should be getting 1 point per euro spent, regardless of what you buy, so if you only got 3 euro in vouchers it would appear you only spent about 300euro in that quarter which you registered your card against (though I guess they do some rounding but should catch up next time).

What I am getting at is you say you are spending up to 90 per fortnight, but that you are possibly mistaken and are in fact spending far less, as reflected in your very low awarded points. If you genuinely think you have been spending many multiples of that I would be complaining. I am often shocked myself at the small value vouchers I get, until I cop on I should be delighted I have actually spent so little.

I see some people gather their receipts to get them scanned in all at once, if you forget to use your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I got a load of fiver off a €25 shop vouchers - one per week I think. Handy for buying a bottle. They have Hennessy's for 25 at the mo which is 20 after the voucher - really good deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,020 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

When did people receive their vouchers?
    Our’s are missing along with a Birthday Card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I only got a single €2 money off voucher despite the fact I thought I spend much more there!

What is the general consensus, is it that spend and save vouchers go to people who don't often use their clubcards?
    I'd happily pass on the €2 voucher for a few decent vouchers next time!

When did people receive their vouchers?
    Our’s are missing along with a Birthday Card.

i reckon you should have got them by now, since my first voucher ended on sunday. I used week 2 today which started today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

I forgot my tesco clubcard last time and was surprised that I could use the voucher without one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Has anyone not received their usual vouchers from Tesco? Iv got nothing in months!!!

We rang the helpline about our issue and they said we should have recovered them last week. So, they are sending out more.
    Still no sign of them or the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

Still haven't received mine. Would be due a few.

Rewired wrote: »
    Still haven't received mine. Would be due a few.

Ours got lost in the post.
    Almost certainly a turd of a neighbor got them.
    We contacted them and they sent us a gift card instead.
    I’d contact the club card helpline.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Have Tesco stopped giving out the '€10 euro off X spend' type of vouchers in the post? We have two Tesco cards that we do most of our shopping through and have only got the small clubcard points vouchers in the post the last few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,384 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Prezatch wrote: »
    Have Tesco stopped giving out the '€10 euro off X spend' type of vouchers in the post? We have two Tesco cards that we do most of our shopping through and have only got the small clubcard points vouchers in the post the last few times.

Some people still seem to be getting them. Maybe the store they are registered with is looking to boost sales, or maybe they are only doing occasional small shops so Tesco thinks they can entice them back. I can't remember the last time I or family members got any - I shop there a lot, they shop there occasionally.

But it doesn't seem to be a general thing like it is with Supervalu or Dunnes.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Prezatch wrote: »
    Have Tesco stopped giving out the '€10 euro off X spend' type of vouchers in the post?
    Why would they do it?
    Supermarkets have guaranteed customers due to most other places being closed.

Advertisement