Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

kiddums wrote: »
    But of a strange question, does anyone know an easy way to look for a phone that would have similar dimensions to another phone?

Missus Kiddums has an iPhone 5c and wouldn't want anything much bigger size wise.

GSM arena
    Kimovil

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

GBX wrote: »
    GSM arena
    Kimovil

I see the compare options, but I can't see a way to look for phones of similar dimensions. I'd have to just start comparing phones one by one.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I see the compare options, but I can't see a way to look for phones of similar dimensions. I'd have to just start comparing phones one by one.

??

With kimovil you can literally compare phones by length, height, weight, screen size etc.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Add what phones you want to on Kimovil and it will give you a size comparison. You have to do a bit of leg work in finding different options. It gives a better view on a pc.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/apple-iphone-5c-8gb,xiaomi-redmi-note-9-pro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

anyone got the redmi note 9 pro here.seems a good deal for 206 euro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

anyone got the redmi note 9 pro here.seems a good deal for 206 euro
    think got it for around exact same price from amazon spain, almost a month back now, no regrets really ask away if have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Don Imac2 wrote: »
    6GB RAM 128GB ROM Global Version

In stock: €213.29. European so no customs charge. Should take about a week to deliver. I bought a phone from them 6 months ago.

https://www.edwaybuy.com/redmi-note-8-pro.html

Anyone have an even better deal on the Redmi 8 pro 128gb global version?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Guys which these 2 phones would you go for?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08B99NN8M/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088FQRW9Y/

They are both £199 at the moment. I know the note 9 pro is 128gb and the Mi 10T lite is 64 but thats not a deal breaker for me.

Just cant decide

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Looking at the Redmi Note 8 pro from Amazon.es
    Is the "Spanish version" a global version? And will it work ok here?
    Thanks!

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07YDLZTXD?tag=haggle-web-es-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭ninja 12

Guys which these 2 phones would you go for?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08B99NN8M/

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B088FQRW9Y/

They are both £199 at the moment. I know the note 9 pro is 128gb and the Mi 10T lite is 64 but thats not a deal breaker for me.

Just cant decide

https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10217&idPhone2=10480

Can't comment on the Note 9 Pro but I've been using a Mi 10 T Lite , UK version ,for the last couple of weeks (128GB Version) .

I really like it , but a couple of things to note -

It's a fairly hefty phone ,about the same size as the Note 9 Pro (last phone was a Xiaomi A2)

There are ads built in but they are easy enough to turn off .

Has Stereo speakers and a headphone socket , box says Hi Res audio supported .

Has 5G
    (2 sim slots , but one can be used for a sim card or Micro SD card , also only support for one 5G sim at the moment , support for dual 5G sims is planned - according to the user guide) Haven't tried 5G , don't live in a Vodafone covered area , not sure if I need a new sim either .

120Hz screen , I thought this was a gimmick , but after using it for the last couple of weeks i switched back to 60 Hz , and it was instantly jarring on my eyes while scrolling / browsing web pages etc .

UK version comes with a proper 3 pin fast charger .

Hope this helps :)

ninja 12 wrote: »
    https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=10217&idPhone2=10480

Can't comment on the Note 9 Pro but I've been using a Mi 10 T Lite , UK version ,for the last couple of weeks (128GB Version) .

I really like it , but a couple of things to note -

It's a fairly hefty phone ,about the same size as the Note 9 Pro (last phone was a Xiaomi A2)

There are ads built in but they are easy enough to turn off .

Has Stereo speakers and a headphone socket , box says Hi Res audio supported .

Has 5G
    (2 sim slots , but one can be used for a sim card or Micro SD card , also only support for one 5G sim at the moment , support for dual 5G sims is planned - according to the user guide) Haven't tried 5G , don't live in a Vodafone covered area , not sure if I need a new sim either .

120Hz screen , I thought this was a gimmick , but after using it for the last couple of weeks i switched back to 60 Hz , and it was instantly jarring on my eyes while scrolling / browsing web pages etc .

UK version comes with a proper 3 pin fast charger .

Hope this helps :)

Thanks for your reply.

The more I read about the 2 phones, the more I think the Mi 10T lite is a better choice.

Not worried about the ads because I will be flashing an aftermarket ROM when some become available.

How is the battery life for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

dedaw wrote: »
    Looking at the Redmi Note 8 pro from Amazon.es
    Is the "Spanish version" a global version? And will it work ok here?
    Thanks!

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B07YDLZTXD?tag=haggle-web-es-21&linkCode=ogi&th=1&psc=1

Yes and yes, you will get an EU plug so will need an adapter

Thanks for your reply.

The more I read about the 2 phones, the more I think the Mi 10T lite is a better choice.

Not worried about the ads because I will be flashing an aftermarket ROM when some become available.

How is the battery life for you?

Can't comment on custom ROMs , I'm leaving mine stock.
    Don't want to mess with the bootloader and lose access to my banking app and Google Pay.

Battery life is brilliant, lasts a couple of days with listening to music (local and streamed) with headphones (there is an FM radio but I haven't tried it yet), browsing , a few calls , messaging and using news apps .

Your usage might be different :)

Some days I didn't even bother plugging it in at nighttime.

Charging from 50 to 100% only takes about half an hour.

Battery management in MIUI seems to be aggressive .
    One or two widgets didn't want to update until I changed the app/ battery settings for them individually .

A friend I work with likes mine so much he's going to order one for himself :)

Any other questions just ask

:)

ninja 12 wrote: »
    Can't comment on custom ROMs , I'm leaving mine stock.
    Don't want to mess with the bootloader and lose access to my banking app and Google Pay.

Battery life is brilliant, lasts a couple of days with listening to music (local and streamed) with headphones (there is an FM radio but I haven't tried it yet), browsing , a few calls , messaging and using news apps .

Your usage might be different :)

Some days I didn't even bother plugging it in at nighttime.

Charging from 50 to 100% only takes about half an hour.

Battery management in MIUI seems to be aggressive .
    One or two widgets didn't want to update until I changed the app/ battery settings for them individually .

A friend I work with likes mine so much he's going to order one for himself :)

Any other questions just ask

Brilliant.

OK you've convinced me, the Mi 10T lite it is :)

On a side note: unlocking your bootloader and flashing a custom ROM doesnt mean you wont be able to use banking apps or google pay

You just need to flash Magisk and add your banking apps to Magisk Hide, then you will pass safety net and can use your banking apps with no issues

Im currently typing this on a Mi 8, rooted and flashed with Lineage OS and have 3 banking apps on the phone that I use with no issues but each to their own.

I love Xiaomi phones but dont like the bloatware that comes with them.

Thanks for helping me to make my decision :)

Brilliant.

OK you've convinced me, the Mi 10T lite it is :)

On a side note: unlocking your bootloader and flashing a custom ROM doesnt mean you wont be able to use banking apps or google play.

You just need to flash Magisk and add your banking apps to Magisk Hide, then you will pass safety net and can use your banking apps with no issues

Im currently typing this on a Mi 8, rooted and flashed with Lineage OS and have 3 banking apps on the phone that I use with no issues but each to their own.

I love Xiaomi phones but dont like the bloatware that comes with them.

Thanks for helping me to make my decision :)

Cool , thanks for the info .

What I did when I got my Mi 10T Lite was -

Charge and power on.
    Connect to WiFi
    Let phone get the latest update
    Factory reset (this removes some crappy games that were preinstalled )
    Disable all the ads
    Uninstall Facebook and other apps
    Then set up as normal

• Registered Users Posts: 38 nano267

Hi
    Any recommendations for a sturdy case. for the
    Mi 10T Lite

nano267 wrote: »
    Hi
    Any recommendations for a sturdy case. for the
    Mi 10T Lite

I'm just using the silicone case that came in the box with it.

There's a screen protector on the phone from the factory as well.

Hey everyone :-)

I'm thinking about getting a new phone and giving my Xiaomi A3 to my mother as she needs a new phone that and the phone has an annoying Bluetooth bug where the audio is low unless the phone is rebooted.

I'm not really a fan of the latest trend to make phone screens almost the same size as a Kindles. I'm looking for a phone with a good camera and Ideal close to 6 inches as possible, my budget would be around €300

I'd appreciate any suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Just ordered the Poco F2 Pro got it for €300 which is about 100 cheaper than I've seen before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

dinorebel wrote: »
    Just ordered the Poco F2 Pro got it for €300 which is about 100 cheaper than I've seen before.
    Can I ask where you purchased?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

august12 wrote: »
    Can I ask where you purchased?
    https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/mi.com you need to add something cheap to get over 300 then use the code for 40 off.

Sorry if this is a bit off topic for this thread, but what's a good review site for Android phones? ideally I'm looking to find one with the best camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Sorry if this is a bit off topic for this thread, but what's a good review site for Android phones? ideally I'm looking to find one with the best camera.

GSM arena or. Kimovil

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

The wife has asked me to pick something for her mother for Xmas.

Anything you lads recommend? 100-150€

Her mum wouldn't be terribly tech savvy btw.

McMurphy wrote: »
    The wife has asked me to pick something for her mother for Xmas.

Anything you lads recommend? 100-150€

Her mum wouldn't be terribly tech savvy btw.

Xiaomi mi A3 it's a great budget phone with an almost stock version of Android, managed to get mine with a flip case for €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Suckit wrote: »

Looking to get this phone (Redmi Note 8 Pro, 128gb, global version, any colour).

Ideally looking to get a phone that doesn't need an adapter too. If anyone could share a black friday deal i'd be eternally thankful.

Had originally bought this phone on amazon, and on the delivery date I received an email saying my order had been cancelled and i was issued a full refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Dxo mark

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Just on the Poco F2 folks, I don't know about the rest of you who got one, but jees my screen has taken some amount of scrapes and scuffs in comparison with what the F1 had on it after nearly two years continuous use.

Obviously the glass is nowhere near as tough as it's predecessor. .

My only complaint mind you.

• Advertisement

McMurphy wrote: »
    Just on the Poco F2 folks, I don't know about the rest of you who got one, but jees my screen has taken some amount of scrapes and scuffs in comparison with what the F1 had on it after nearly two years continuous use.

Obviously the glass is nowhere near as tough as it's predecessor. .

My only complaint mind you.

That's the screen protector. You can remove it or change to a glass one.

Advertisement