Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

My Xiaomi mi 10 is showing an available update for download. It says it's for mi pilot testers and that the download might take longer and the phone may overheat etc. Anyone ever see this before? Should I ignore it? I never signed up to be a tester etc

Never seen it before. Had the Mi9T and now the poco X3.
    Personally I wouldn't, prefer to have a stable release especially on a new device

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

So where is best site to buy a phone from these days that takes about 5-7 days delivery.

Amazon for me. Ordered a phone on Friday and it's arriving today! Can't get faster than that. Plus it's being delivered by Amazon themselves and not An Post so no waiting for weeks for a delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

So my 5 month old Realme x50 5g is playing up
    The usb cable comes out at the slightest touch
    Should I contact amazon or will I just get a you must have done it yourself spiel
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

smilerf wrote: »
    Should I contact amazon or will I just get a you must have done it yourself spiel
    Thanks

Have you tried another cable in it? Had a similar issue once upon a time and it turned out that the cable connectors was the problem.

Have you tried another cable in it? Had a similar issue once upon a time and it turned out that the cable connectors was the problem.
    ye they come out easy unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

could try checking with a needle if fluff/lint in phone connection. i was having the issue on my Mi Mix 2 and android auto disconnecting with slightest bump. Looking into connector on phone it did not appear to be anything but a gentle flick with a needle and realised there was a lot!! working beautifully again.

eoferrall wrote: »
    could try checking with a needle if fluff/lint in phone connection. i was having the issue on my Mi Mix 2 and android auto disconnecting with slightest bump. Looking into connector on phone it did not appear to be anything but a gentle flick with a needle and realised there was a lot!! working beautifully again.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

smilerf wrote: »
    Thanks
    If you can't fix it, don't try messing around in there too much. It shouldn't happen from general wear and tear (but does on many phones) which is what I would imagine that would be put down as.
    Contact amazon if you bought it direct from them, if you bought it from a 3rd party seller, contact amazon anyway and see what they/the 3rd party seller says.
    Realme also have EU centres which is handy, they don't require you to have bought it from their store/anywhere in particular.
    https://www.realme.com/eu/legal/warranty-terms
    https://www.realme.com/eu/legal/repair-service
    Amazon would probably be the preferred method, but if not possible, Realme are normally pretty quick (outside current conditions).
    I think their USB C connectors are slightly thicker/have a snugger fit than others, so it is possible it it may just be the cable(s), if the original cable was damaged.

Suckit wrote: »
    If you can't fix it, don't try messing around in there too much. It shouldn't happen from general wear and tear (but does on many phones) which is what I would imagine that would be put down as.
    Contact amazon if you bought it direct from them, if you bought it from a 3rd party seller, contact amazon anyway and see what they/the 3rd party seller says.
    Realme also have EU centres which is handy, they don't require you to have bought it from their store/anywhere in particular.
    https://www.realme.com/eu/legal/warranty-terms
    https://www.realme.com/eu/legal/repair-service
    Amazon would probably be the preferred method, but if not possible, Realme are normally pretty quick (outside current conditions).
    I think their USB C connectors are slightly thicker/have a snugger fit than others, so it is possible it it may just be the cable(s), if the original cable was damaged.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Lost the USB cable for my Realme X2 pro, now other usb-c cables won't do the fast charge. Is it possible to buy a replacement anywhere? Can't find one online anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,771 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Lost the USB cable for my Realme X2 pro, now other usb-c cables won't do the fast charge. Is it possible to buy a replacement anywhere? Can't find one online anywhere.

Most bloody annoying when that happens, you'd think any good quality cable would give you the fast charge. Sorry for not being helpful..

These should do it - https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=realme+x2+pro+usb&rh=n%3A560826%2Cn%3A21532901031&af=%7B%22quartzVehicle%22%3A%2216-2083%22%2C%22replacementKeywords%22%3A%22realme+pro+usb%22%7D&s=review-rank&dc&qid=1607779805&rnid=1642204031&ref=sr_nr_n_4

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Anyone know what the story is with big 6.9-7.2" phablets these days? No sign of the Mi Max 4 anyway, think that line is retired.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

Thargor wrote: »
    Anyone know what the story is with big 6.9-7.2" phablets these days? No sign of the Mi Max 4 anyway, think that line is retired.

I too was hoping for the Mi Max 4. Have the Mi Max 3 and love it. It's nearly two years old now and I thought I'd treat myself to a new phone for Christmas.

I bought the Oukitel K9 7.2" from Amazon a week ago. Didn't like it at all and it went back the next day! My Mi Max is far superior. Apart from the Oukitel I couldn't find anything bigger unfortunately. I rarely use my phone for calls so would be happy with a 7" tablet with a sim card installed!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yeah the minute I posted that it occurred to me that I could easily get another 2 years out of the 3, its still flawless tbh. 2 years wear and tear on the battery and heavy daily use and its still better than a new Samsung. I always itch for a new phone around Christmas though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

after been with samsung for last 18 months. I had the Mi a1 was the last phone, from memory loved the phone but i remember the camera been terrible at night or at gigs wouldnt be worth taken a picture.

whats the best camera andriod phone at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭mylittlepony

Is motorola G a chinese brand worthwhile i do remember u can get this brand in phone shops but no more now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Is motorola G a chinese brand worthwhile i do remember u can get this brand in phone shops but no more now.

American phone. Liked by a few on here in the past. Argos used to sell sim free models. I wasn't a fan of their design but they had decent specced phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Anyone know where I can get a unlock_bootloader.img file for a Lenovo Z6 Pro

I have emailed them and I get a file marked sn

Any ideas?

Trying to unlock and then flash an updated rom

abarkie wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a unlock_bootloader.img file for a Lenovo Z6 Pro

I have emailed them and I get a file marked sn

Any ideas?

Trying to unlock and then flash an updated rom
    https://www.zui.com/iunlock

Enter your IMEI, Serial Number & Email address.
    Use any translator to translate the page. OR:

1 - IMEI
    2 - Serial Number
    3 - Email Address
    4 - Enter the number you see
    5 - Tick box acknowledging you understand the risks involved
    6 - Click the blue bar to submit.

• Advertisement

https://www.zui.com/iunlock

Enter your IMEI, Serial Number & Email address.
    Use any translator to translate the page. OR:

1 - IMEI
    2 - Serial Number
    3 - Email Address
    4 - Enter the number you see
    5 - Tick box acknowledging you understand the risks involved
    6 - Click the blue bar to submit.

Done that and I get a file marked sn?

Done that and I get a file marked sn?
    That's the img.

It should be sn.img

That's the img.

It should be sn.img

It is, but what do i do with it?

Probably a very stupid question - I guess

It is, but what do i do with it?

Probably a very stupid question - I guess

You need to download the USB drivers, the flash tool, adb drivers tools etc, on your PC.

Backup your phone.

You will likely get more detailed info here
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/c/lenovo-z6-pro.10647/

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭dendof

Have ordered a Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite. Just wondering what do people usually do with these phones when they get them? Do you root them/remove bloatware etc

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

dendof wrote: »
    Have ordered a Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite. Just wondering what do people usually do with these phones when they get them? Do you root them/remove bloatware etc

I have the 9T Lite, love it. I don't remember changing anything to be honest. haven't seen much if any bloatware. A few other opinions would give the best overivew of couse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,771 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I just turned it on and used it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

I ran the debloating tool on mine.
    I can't say i notice much of a difference, but it removed some icons I'd never have used.
    I think this was it: https://github.com/Szaki/XiaomiADBFastbootTools

It's a nice phone, enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Poco X3 NFC

Having awful trouble with the 3.5mm jack triggering Google assistant .

Playing a podcast and BING google starts telling me the time and fast forwarding and pausing. Very annoying.

Anyone else experience this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭robbie000

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I just turned it on and used it.

Just ordered the Mi 10t lite, hoping it's not to big going from 6inch to 6.67inch.

How have you found the phone. Is the phone very easy to use and camera decent . Paid £209 for it today.

Advertisement