Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

scamalert wrote: »
    dont think they really care, an post delivers items with batteries all the time, as long as it has amazon return sticker and declaration it wont mention battery specifically just a phone. that said recently had to return clothing item to germany and postage worked out like 14 quid just for standard, and amazon stated that they will cover up to 11e costs of return, but think got refunded in full.

When you bring it to the post office for registered post they always check the item. Always have with me anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

fixXxer wrote: »
    When you bring it to the post office for registered post they always check the item. Always have with me anyway.
    dunno unless you purchase pacaking in the post, otherwise they give you sticker to fill out contents, as amazon goes thats usually already declared on printed label you have so dunno never been asked to have items to have inspected, even if using insurance you can put value and they wont check whats inside, would find it as major pain in the hole tbf if would need to show whats being shipped :cool:

not sure if appropriate place to post, but how would one go about configuring mi note 9 to show all apps when swiping up, i can see theres disable search bar function but thats it, as want more like samsung function where instead you can see all the apps, finding few indian videos but from what i gather most likely it needs 3rd party software for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Nova Launcher ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Thinking about the poco x3 NFC
    Anyone here have it?

Pros cons?

On the face it looks decent, great battery.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,021 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

GBX wrote: »
    Nova Launcher ?

Poco launcher

Or are they the same thing??

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Poco launcher

Or are they the same thing??

No. I use nova but you can try both. Different features with both.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Lads on the Poco F2, any one know how to schedule a text?

I can't for the life of me find the option. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

McMurphy wrote: »
    Lads on the Poco F2, any one know how to schedule a text?
    I can't for the life of me find the option. :confused:
    I think it was on the Chinese rom, not sure if it features on the global rom, but this is better imo.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.android.smsorganizer

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Retractable lens tech developed by Xiaomi

https://xiaomidna.com/news/industrial-scientific/xiaomi-successfully-developed-a-new-retractable-lens-technology/

I guess middle of next year we will start to see them appear, I vaguely remember a camera company investing a lot into it a while back, but the phones cost a lot (rivaled iPhones iirc) and were stuck on the android version they were shipped/launched with.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Gun_Slinger

I ordered the Redmi 9 Pro from edwaybuy 2 weeks ago, they state on the website that delivery is within 3-5 working days. After 8 days & again after 12 I emailed to ask where it was and then this morning I just got a refund of the money back with no explanation. Missed the missus birthday now with the feckers! Also went back onto their website and it says it is in stock, very dodgy..

I am going to try the same with honorbuy as they seem more reliable from Europe, even though they are a bit more expensive. Thanks to all the contributors in this group, very informative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Bought the redmi note 8 pro on Amazon.es

Delivery was pencilled in for yesterday 10th November, yesterday morning however received an email saying that my order has been cancelled saying:

"Due to unavailability, we will not be able to offer the next product in your order. We have canceled the product and we apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the amount of a canceled product, we will automatically refund you within 1 to 2 business days. If you are still interested in purchasing this item, other sellers may have it available. Visit the details page for this article below."

When I click on the cancelled order section in my Amazon Spain account it shows the link to item I purchased

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07YDH98RB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I should also say I have not yet received any refund (paid €203 on October 28th).

Its not exactly clear how I can get in touch with the seller either

The seller is an outfit called Fortune trade. However, they do not seem to have a page anymore.

Will the refund come back in due course?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Card refunds can take 5 days, averages about 3ish days.

The page being gone sounds like Amazon booted them.

I ordered the Redmi 9 Pro from edwaybuy 2 weeks ago, they state on the website that delivery is within 3-5 working days. After 8 days & again after 12 I emailed to ask where it was and then this morning I just got a refund of the money back with no explanation. Missed the missus birthday now with the feckers! Also went back onto their website and it says it is in stock, very dodgy..

I am going to try the same with honorbuy as they seem more reliable from Europe, even though they are a bit more expensive. Thanks to all the contributors in this group, very informative.
    if dont mind asking how much was the price, got mine on amazon spain 204e , paid few euro extra to get closer date on top which passed and they issued refund into amazon spain account even thou cant see it for the delivery cost as deadline was missed, not big issue as fallen on BH and post was slow in general.
    As even think after i received it and checked the price was up by 20-30e on it afterwards.

that said really nice phone, but would def recommend using the silicon case they throw in, as first few days leaving it on couch etc and it slided like butter onto floor :/, as once you get over the bling of the back it really feels way better in a case.

ED E wrote: »
    Card refunds can take 5 days, averages about 3ish days.

The page being gone sounds like Amazon booted them.

And will there be any issue getting money back if amazon booted them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

Both myself and the brother have used Edwaybuy. I got two pones from them within 6 days. That order was a few months back.

My brother ordered at the end of September and had them in under a working week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Edwaybuy have terrible support if anything goes wrong. On the bright side, they do actually provide support and will fix it (or try). But. They take months.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Thought i would try using the 33w charger that comes with the POCO x3 on my Mi9T and it seemed to charge quicker percent wise but if you leave it 20 min or so and look at the phone the percent is gone back down to 20% less than what i finished charging at ?

anyone have a good link (reliable site, quick delivery) of a redmi note 8 pro?

Had recently purchased on Amazon Spain but order was cancelled at short notice (delivery date) on sellers end.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Don Imac2

Blanco100 wrote: »
    anyone have a good link (reliable site, quick delivery) of a redmi note 8 pro?

Had recently purchased on Amazon Spain but order was cancelled at short notice (delivery date) on sellers end.

6GB RAM 128GB ROM Global Version

In stock: €213.29. European so no customs charge. Should take about a week to deliver. I bought a phone from them 6 months ago.

https://www.edwaybuy.com/redmi-note-8-pro.html

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭dedaw

Anyone use this crowd for anything? Decent price for a 9 pro.
    Supposedly in Ireland.
    https://www.buyitdirect.ie/p/xiaomi-redmi-note-9-pro-tropical-green-6.67-64gb-6gb-4g-dual-sim-unlocked-and-sim-free-mzb9419en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭Lashes28

Any recommendations for a good camera NFC enabled phone for about 250/300? I have the redmi note 5 and love it but there's no NFC. Thanks

Lashes28 wrote: »
    Any recommendations for a good camera NFC enabled phone for about 250/300? I have the redmi note 5 and love it but there's no NFC. Thanks

Redmi note 9 pro

https://www.honorbuy.com/317-redmi-note-9-pro-global-version

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kyleboy

dedaw wrote: »
    Anyone use this crowd for anything? Decent price for a 9 pro.
    Supposedly in Ireland.
    https://www.buyitdirect.ie/p/xiaomi-redmi-note-9-pro-tropical-green-6.67-64gb-6gb-4g-dual-sim-unlocked-and-sim-free-mzb9419en

I've bought a few things from them, never had any issues

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

P30 Pro dropped out of my pocket today and the screen is fecked :( it's gone green and flashing and almost inducing a seizure. With ps5 around the corner I can't really afford anything more than 400 euro to replace the p30 Pro.

Was looking at the Oppo4 Z 5G in Eir and it looks great bang for the buck:
    4000Mah Battery
    8gb ram + 128gb storage
    120HZ display
    Quad camera + dual selfie camera
    6.5 inch
    All for only €350?! Seems like a steal
    LCD and a mediatek chip wouldn't really bother me much but just looking for some opinions on Oppo phones. How's the software?

The other option in that price range is the A51 from Samsung but had a horrible time with exynos chips before and would rather steer clear

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭ra0044

BurnUp78 wrote: »
    P30 Pro dropped out of my pocket today and the screen is fecked :( it's gone green and flashing and almost inducing a seizure. With ps5 around the corner I can't really afford anything more than 400 euro to replace the p30 Pro.

4000Mah Battery
    8gb ram + 128gb storage
    120HZ display
    6.5 inch
    LCD and a mediatek chip wouldn't really bother me much but just looking for some opinions on Oppo phones. How's the software?

The other option in that price range is the A51 from Samsung but had a horrible time with exynos chips before and would rather steer clear

I have an Oppo Reno 10x zoom. Have had it 6 months. It has been a superb phone so far with no issues. Good build quality and with the 855 processor and 8gig or ram in really flies through everything.
    I live the pop up selfie can so that there is no notch or pin hole in the screen.
    All in all it is a great phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

4000Mah Battery
    8gb ram + 128gb storage
    120HZ display
    6.5 inch

Realme X50 5g
    Great phone

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

4000Mah Battery
    8gb ram + 128gb storage
    120HZ display
    6.5 inch

I'm using an oppo Reno 2 for the past 4 months or so. Came from Samsung. Brilliant phone. As above a pop front camera. Excellent rear camera and battery is also excellent. I'm definitely finished with Samsung. Been using the phone(am a heavy user) since 7am it's now 23.40 and battery is still @ 35%

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭BurnUp78

I'm using an oppo Reno 2 for the past 4 months or so. Came from Samsung. Brilliant phone. As above a pop front camera. Excellent rear camera and battery is also excellent. I'm definitely finished with Samsung. Been using the phone(am a heavy user) since 7am it's now 23.40 and battery is still @ 35%

Excellent battery life indeed! Think I'll go for the oppo then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

But of a strange question, does anyone know an easy way to look for a phone that would have similar dimensions to another phone?

Missus Kiddums has an iPhone 5c and wouldn't want anything much bigger size wise.

Advertisement