Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Administrative Officer 2020 in the Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Congratulations all, I am still waiting to hear, feeling really nervous. Failed last year so really hoping to pass this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭FenFlynn

Got my results too, actually did really well on Verbal and Situational and placed in the 100s OOM. As expected deductive just barely scraped a pass. Delighted with the results!
    If I remember correctly, two years ago I got placed in 1600s and was invited to the next stage but didn't get through in the end, so there is hope for the lower OOMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MaryRyan48

FenFlynn wrote: »
    Got my results too, actually did really well on Verbal and Situational and placed in the 100s OOM. As expected deductive just barely scraped a pass. Delighted with the results!
    If I remember correctly, two years ago I got placed in 1600s and was invited to the next stage but didn't get through in the end, so there is hope for the lower OOMS.

Congrats and best of luck 🎉🎉

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

Got my results and placed in the top 10 for the health policy stream. Next up to fill in the form!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Just received another message asking me to fill out the form. This should take a while!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 badbleep

Does anyone know the number they got down to on the AO panel in previous years. I'm around 500 and would be hopeful that it would get down to me eventually? I'm in the general stream only

Are the results taking longer if you entered 2 streams ? Anyone else still waiting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TheRoyce

Placed 205 on General Stream but also placed 14 on HR Stream which sounds good but I'm not sure if that's 14 out of 100 or 14 out of 20 or anything else.

Either way, have to go fill in application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cornel08biz

Does anybody know anything about the assessment centre? If it's early December, it must be online..
    Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭AngryLips

TheRoyce wrote: »
    Placed 205 on General Stream but also placed 14 on HR Stream which sounds good but I'm not sure if that's 14 out of 100 or 14 out of 20 or anything else.

Why would it matter? You're really high up the OOM for HR, that's what's important, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭TheRoyce

No, no I see your point but I'm just saying that while I'm placed 14, I don't know if they're only looking to accept 10 people into the HR Stream positions or 100 or 50 so I'm not sure if 14 is as good as I think it might be.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Thrillhouse11

I placed in the 1100s so that's encouraging, do you remember how long it took them to get to you?

Congrats on your results!

I placed in the 1100s so that's encouraging, do you remember how long it took them to get to you?

Congrats on your results!

Thanks! I'm quite shocked at how well I did this year, but practice definitely helps.
    I think I got my stage 1 test result in November 2018, and got invited to next stage April 2019, but unfortunately I didn't get through to the next stage. I'd say you have a good chance of being called. It's no guarantee all of these being called forward now would progress to the next stage. You have to pass ever single test/competency to move forward and receive an OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Buster97

I placed high 200's, unfortunately not high enough to be included in Batch 1. I barely scraped a pass on deductive reasoning so that seems to have been my downfall. Has anyone got an idea of the timescale for the next batch to be called to do application forms?

Did anyone not get results due to application not saving, I am absolutely gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 meepp

cvb03 wrote: »
    Did anyone not get results due to application not saving, I am absolutely gutted.

That's horrible. Sorry to hear that.

cvb03 wrote: »

Oh no, that's so unfortunate! This competition runs every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Thanks! I'm quite shocked at how well I did this year, but practice definitely helps.
    I think I got my stage 1 test result in November 2018, and got invited to next stage April 2019, but unfortunately I didn't get through to the next stage. I'd say you have a good chance of being called. It's no guarantee all of these being called forward now would progress to the next stage. You have to pass ever single test/competency to move forward and receive an OOM.

I was in that comp too.

You didn't get through to stage 2, not in any meaningful way.

They did the first lot of tests.
    Then they took batch 1 to the assessment centre.
    (That's where we are now)

About 6 months later they asked about a thousand people if they were still interested. Those who said they were were asked to sit an online proctors set of tests. It was basically a test run of online proctoring for pas.

A tiny portion of those who passed were called forward to the assessment centre based on their stage 1 results. There was no new OOM, it all depended on your first test, the one we've already done. They got to oom maybe 500 total on subsequent batches. I was about 650 and didn't get called any further.

The online proctored tests were essentially meaningless except to confirm interest.

I was in that comp too.

You didn't get through to stage 2, not in any meaningful way.

They did the first lot of tests.
    Then they took batch 1 to the assessment centre.
    (That's where we are now)

About 6 months later they asked about a thousand people if they were still interested. Those who said they were were asked to sit an online proctors set of tests. It was basically a test run of online proctoring for pas.

A tiny portion of those who passed were called forward to the assessment centre based on their stage 1 results. There was no new OOM, it all depended on your first test, the one we've already done. They got to oom maybe 500 total on subsequent batches. I was about 650 and didn't get called any further.

The online proctored tests were essentially meaningless except to confirm interest.

I get you! Sorry for being misleading! I didn't get any further after that, so no idea how others did or the process thereafter

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭irishrepeat2

Daisies wrote: »
    Got my results and placed in the top 10 for the health policy stream. Next up to fill in the form!
    Im not far behind, just curious why you wana move from healthcare to more office based role?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭irishrepeat2

Dalio wrote: »
    Do they do batches like in other competitions? I passed but not in the first 253.
    Lol I got 255

• Registered Users Posts: 2 badbleep

Lol I got 255

Omg so close! I've been talking to a few people and gotten mixed responses re. Batches. A few have said they'll definitely contact 2 or 3 batches. Others have said they'll be unlikely to contact anyone who got below 350 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Aleece2020

Early 800 in general stream.
    240s for DSO.
    520s for TS.

Still waiting to hear on Industrial Relations and Policy Analyst streams. Anyone hear about those yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭exitstageleft

Aleece2020 wrote: »
    Early 800 in general stream.
    240s for DSO.
    520s for TS.

I'm pretty similar to you there Aleece. We'll probably need a few batches to get a call up! Best of luck anyway.

Curious about those of you who bought packages to help with the tests were ye happy with your results/OOM?

Just curious as if it was a competition I really wanted I would invest in a package if it was worth it??

I'm in Tipperary so would prefer something down here!

MaryRyan48 wrote: »
    Curious about those of you who bought packages to help with the tests were ye happy with your results/OOM?

Just curious as if it was a competition I really wanted I would invest in a package if it was worth it??

I'm in Tipperary so would prefer something down here!
    Certainly helped me with the verbal and numerical, I finished the whole package, placed early 100s in the general stream

Certainly helped me with the verbal and numerical, I finished the whole package, placed early 100s in the general stream

Not the deductive though, as the shapes in the test I bought were different from the actual test so I was very confused in the actual test. Definitely worth it for the verbal and numerical, these tests require a lot of practice if you are not naturally good at them

Not the deductive though, as the shapes in the test I bought were different from the actual test so I was very confused in the actual test. Definitely worth it for the verbal and numerical, these tests require a lot of practice if you are not naturally good at them

Thank you! Well that's 600 places better than me so definitely worth it 😅 what package did you go for?

MaryRyan48 wrote: »
    Thank you! Well that's 600 places better than me so definitely worth it 😅 what package did you go for?

Went for the AO one in civil service career service, after the test I thought it was 120 euro down the drain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Does anybody know if it's just the 253 that will get to the next stage or will there be another group past the 253?

Advertisement