Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FE1 Exam Thread (Read 1st post!) NOTE: YOU MAY SWAP EXAM GRIDS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BoyLaw937

Oh thanks! Didn’t get that at all but hopefully not detrimental as it’s just 5 marks

I know the question was specifically on s.212 but did you run through the rule in foss v hardbottle briefly or just leave it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

bozzer198 wrote: »
    Thanks was panicking so went straight to asking instead of reading the comments :D

So was I when I saw it!

It took me so long to get used to that format even though I did the mock exam and I seriously went backwards with the structure for the restriction problem question like my answer was all over the place.. its so annoying because i knew all the case law so well for that one but i just messed up the answer ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Iso_123

In relation to the oppression q - what did people
    Say for part b? Would answer change if constitution/shareholders agreement contained provision for promotion of shareholders business?

I said sec 31 contracts/the constitution only binds members in their capacity as members and doesn't bind third parties and used eley v positive government and then that if it was a shareholders agreement it would be binding and he would be able to enforce it against the other shareholders..

not sure if this is correct though?

BoyLaw937 wrote: »
    I know the question was specifically on s.212 but did you run through the rule in foss v hardbottle briefly or just leave it off?

I left it off completely! It was my last question so rushed through it but went straight into 212 only!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 orlaghs

Could someone advise me on whether the Sale of Goods Acts (1893 and 1980) permitted for contract are 100% necessary for the exam?

If so, does anyone have the number for OPW? Their email address gives an automated response saying their call centre is apparently closed??

edit: just received this email as i posted this! For anyone who needs to know-
    "In order to facilitate FE1 exams, Publications will temporarily open to provide legislation to anyone sitting exams on 12th November or later.

Legislation will be posted on Thursday 5th and Friday 6th November. If your exam is on the 6th November, this may not reach you on time but we will do our best to dispatch all legislation as soon as we receive emails."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭shaunadennyham

How quickly after the tort exam yesterday did they tell people they could log back in to finish it?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Fe1new4

How quickly after the tort exam yesterday did they tell people they could log back in to finish it?

I got through on phone to them just before 2 and I got the email telling me to log back in at 4-ish

• Registered Users Posts: 22 BookFast

I ordered past papers but not sure they're going to deliver on time now, been a good while. Unsure whether I should give out about an post, law society, or to be fair - myself!

For property: I have all papers until spring 2019 if anyone needs any (for any subject), and hoping someone could give me an idea of the topics from autumn 19 and spring 20 ?

Thank you

If you dm me your email I can send you the papers!

Not to be that person after sitting just one exam but... do we think it’ll be new year before we get the results?
    Hate the thought of them hanging over us at Christmas 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Jeremiah25

Not to be that person after sitting just one exam but... do we think it’ll be new year before we get the results?
    Hate the thought of them hanging over us at Christmas ��

Yeah, new year imo. Law Society deserve a good long Christmas break!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

would anyone have an up to date equity grid they can share with me? willing to swap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Lawlaw12

Hate the thought of them hanging over us at Christmas ��

I've been wondering this too! It's usually 6 weeks from the last exam which is Christmas Day - but I assume they'll be taking time off before Christmas, so I'm really hoping they'll manage to get them done before that ... otherwise I can't imagine it would be until the second week of January since the Education Committee has to meet to approve the results etc. so I doubt they'll be rushing back to work to work in the new year to get that done

• Registered Users Posts: 32 HU123

Fe1new4 wrote: »
    I got through on phone to them just before 2 and I got the email telling me to log back in at 4-ish

Same for me I got the email just after 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Fe119

Am I the only one who was thrown off by the lack of conflict of interests Q and Borrowings Q?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭EAA123

Do think you would still get marks for answering the advantages and disadvantages of incorporation in a number point bullet form?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ScatmanWhack

Company was my first exam and I'm worried because when I finished the questions, it didn't look like I had written much at all. Is anybody else concerned about that? Feeling like I had a bad start despite my efforts :(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lozg

Criminal Question- Is it ok to leave out the procedural part of the course or would I be better off doing it?

EAA123 wrote: »
    Do think you would still get marks for answering the advantages and disadvantages of incorporation in a number point bullet form?

I would imagine so!

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭dobby896

For criminal- I only found out today that there was quite significant decision on provocation this year which essentially replaced the MacEoin test- link is below for anyone (like myself) who didn't know of this!

https://blogs.kent.ac.uk/criminaljusticenotes/2020/07/30/the-provocation-defence-in-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Lawlaw12

EAA123 wrote: »

Yea you should! I've ended up doing bullet point answers in a few of the exams and passed the questions I did them for so I wouldn't worry about that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭FE1new

Lozg wrote: »
    Criminal Question- Is it ok to leave out the procedural part of the course or would I be better off doing it?

I would cover some like classification of crimes, the right to silence, detention, right to legal advice. Generally they are quick and easy to learn. There is always some kind of a procedural question on a paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 tommytimber

CRIMINAL

Any suggestions on essays for tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Twinings2016

Constitutional

Hi guys, I am looking at Courts & the Judiciary now, mainly focusing on the below... does anyone have any suggestions as to what potentially could be left out or maybe to add stuff?

i) Administration of Justice in Public
    ii) Re. independence of the Judiciary - just going to look at Curtin.
    iii) the Judicial Power - just looking at Buckley v AG (Sinn Fein Funds), Conclusive Evidence and Sentencing&Detention (a few recent imp SC cases here).

And will possibly just leave it at that? Or will ppl be leaving out this chapter entirely as the Gilchrist Q came up in March. Any thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Maxi95

I submitted company exam but it says “awaiting feedback “ as the status , does that mean it’s gone as and is submitted ?

CRIMINAL

Any suggestions on essays for tomorrow?

Classification of a crime probably due up as omissions came up in March

Anyone else kicked out of the exam early ???

• Registered Users Posts: 43 michaelot97

Lozg wrote: »

Haven't looked at it

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fe12020oct

any predictions for equity??

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭LS3

Can someone please help me out and tell me what theyre studying for constitutional. struggling with 30 chapters...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭CoconutHeadMia

fe12020oct wrote: »
    any predictions for equity??

Wondering this too !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement