Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid 19 Part XXVIII- 71,942 ROI(2,050 deaths) 51,824 NI (983 deaths) (28/11) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭Always_Running

7 day average is 681 cases per day, this day last week it was 1015 cases per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

321 in Dublin......oh lord....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

We have excess capacity for testing so why would we be using German labs?

Something is very fishy with the case figures

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭screamer

is_that_so wrote: »
    Actually, it's 1.0+/- a bit according to Nolan on Friday.

Holohan just said 1.4 in the press briefing so I’m not sure who is telling the truth on this

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Funsterdelux

Schools back cases rise, jaysus its fast

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

It really doesn't, there isn't a backlog off 200+ that needed to be cleared based on HSE swabs

Unless they don't get listed at all until they have been processed. We were told there would be a staff shortage at the NVRL this weekend. Many counties went from averaging well into double digits daily to under 10, for one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Interesting case numbers... baffled tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

vienne86 wrote: »

It looks like they have thrown in tranches of cases from the last 3 days particularly that very low number on Saturday where Dublin was around 80 cases.

Really poor way to publish data and confuse people.

I have no doubt tomorrow's case numbers will be 500 or below.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

screamer wrote: »
    Holohan just said 1.4 in the press briefing so I’m not sure who is telling the truth on this

I am pretty sure he said it WAS 1.4 and this is why they acted

• Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

He said last week it was close to 1, the week before that was 1.4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭manniot2

vienne86 wrote: »

And still the hospitals very quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

And I'm repeating what was said on Friday. They need to get their ducks in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Schools back cases rise, jaysus its fast

:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    We have excess capacity for testing so why would we be using German labs?

Something is very fishy with the case figures

Actually I don't have the swab number from Saturday(must have forgot to take note of it), could have been a backlog there to be cleared.

If anyone has swabs v cases for Saturday that would be useful. Could explain why the numbers seem off for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 4,482 ✭✭✭harr

These rises and falls are not making sense and certainly making people question numbers . Surely they need to be asked about the huge fluctuations in positive numbers because to be honest they feeding a lot of conspiracy

is_that_so wrote: »
    And I'm repeating what was said on Friday. They need to get their ducks in a row!

Ok seems that I got the wrong end of the stick on that, the 1.4 was last week, ok well that’s good news then if it’s at 1.0

• Registered Users Posts: 11,641 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Looks like theyve bulk reported dublin figures

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

How hard is it to say X cases were reported today, and additional Y will be added to the total from the backlog? It's like they want it to look worse than it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭MerlinSouthDub

Actually I don't have the swab number from Saturday(must have forgot to take note of it), could have been a backlog there to be cleared.

If anyone has swabs v cases for Saturday that would be useful. Could explain why the numbers seem off for me anyway

There was backlog of 258 on Saturday. Great site here:

https://covid19.shanehastings.eu/api/swabs/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

Based on the case numbers our positivity rate from earlier is inaccurate unless we are doing 10k private tests.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,210 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

There was backlog of 258 on Saturday. Great site here:

https://covid19.shanehastings.eu/api/swabs/

Thanks for that, was trying to fill in the blanks in the spread sheet I have and Saturday was missing.

That explains todays numbers so. There literally shouldn't be anything outstanding after today.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,177 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

nj27 wrote: »
    How hard is it to say X cases were reported today, and additional Y will be added to the total from the backlog? It's like they want it to look worse than it is.

Your statement makes no sense. The numbers will still be there, your logic of saving them from a backlog to bulk up a daily rate will obviously mean that previous figures will be lower than they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Interesting case numbers... baffled tbh

There was a large (250+) difference on Saturday, so that’s the bulk of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Thanks for that, was trying to fill in the blanks in the spread sheet I have and Saturday was missing.

That explains todays numbers so. There literally shouldn't be anything outstanding after today.

No there shouldn't but we'll probably see a backlog again in the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

They are counting cases of Calsberg. It's much more likely that at this point they lost control and it's just spreading as sniffles.
    I'm pretty sure once the US elections are over nobody will care about COVID.

Based on the case numbers our positivity rate from earlier is inaccurate unless we are doing 10k private tests.

Yes, I would think this is true, the drops last week just too good to be true. It’s frustrating because they’re going to lose the public unless they are honest and timely with the test numbers and confirmed cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

One of the reasons we started getting these was back in the LOKdown, where they knew there were X cases but they also knew there were a whole load of contacts to trace and they'd hold cases and report all of them together. No idea if that is what's going on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,377 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I'm still amazed that in all these press conferences not one journalist has ever asked about the discrepancy between swabs and reported cases. Not one question ever. They've asked about everything else. Hairdressers have been mentioned approximately 100 times.

I'm not a believer in the conspiracy theories that it's done on purpose to "scare us" - but surely it's worth just getting some info on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

I don’t get comments like this. For very day (today) that looks worse, there’s a day (in this case Saturday) that looks better.

There’s obviously a reason for it, but it’s not to make figures look worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭sheepsh4gger

I went outside yesterday and it looks like in Dublin NOBODY is wearing masks outside of supermarkets. I was the only person on the street wearing a mask.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement