Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Muahahaha wrote: »

David with 167 followers.

Twitter is great.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

The Village magazine, Gemma O'Doherty's former home

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Wait till I tell you who also worked for the Independent...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,463 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Not sure if it's G O'D or The Village you have an issue with.

Check this out for an update on their relationship.

https://villagemagazine.ie/village-editorial-september-gemma-odoherty-2019/

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

I mean, it seems a bit out of date to keep harking back to Village when RTÉ etc have now taken it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Statement from the Green Party - another twist of the screw

The Green Party notes the statement from the Tánaiste following the revelations in Village Magazine. The party is calling on the Tánaiste to give a full and detailed account to the Dáil on the issue and to allow sufficient time for the statement followed by questioning.

It is clear from what has been revealed that the passing on of sensitive information in this manner was not appropriate. The timelines and the full impact of the disclosure on all involved needs further scrutiny.

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Statement from the Green Party - another twist of the screw

The Green Party notes the statement from the Tánaiste following the revelations in Village Magazine. The party is calling on the Tánaiste to give a full and detailed account to the Dáil on the issue and to allow sufficient time for the statement followed by questioning.

It is clear from what has been revealed that the passing on of sensitive information in this manner was not appropriate. The timelines and the full impact of the disclosure on all involved needs further scrutiny.

Greens have a chance to finally show they're not just a doormat in this coalition

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Greens have a chance to finally show they're not just a doormat in this coalition

I'd say this time next week they'll still be the doormat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

MM or Greens no confidence, Varadkar can go to electorate and win!

FF and Greens be the big losers

Varadkar will not fall

• Registered Users Posts: 14,463 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Re-framing your analogy I'd say it's more like time for FG to clean up the mess on their door step.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

FF and Greens be the big losers

Varadkar will not fall

Varadkar "led" FG to their second worst election result in the party's history, and Leo himself barely scraped over the line in the last election. They had to formally enter a coalition with FF and watch the Shinners leap frog them.

You've a shed load more confidence in Leo than I'd say even the top tier of the fine gael hierarchy have tbh BBM.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

Goodbye ireland's rose

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Good auld Timmy Dooley asking is it time for the Gardaí to investigate what other secret documents have been leaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭jackboy

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Good auld Timmy Dooley asking is it time for the Gardaí to investigate what other secret documents have been leaked.

I’d say some of his FF colleagues will quickly shush him on that stuff.

jackboy wrote: »
    I’d say some of his FF colleagues will quickly shush him on that stuff.

He has been tweeting about it all day. This isn't something that will just be swept under the rug. Especially when FF have already had 2 ministers kicked to touch under this government.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Fann Linn wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

Didn't take long for the aggrieved FF backbenchers to stick the boot in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

ddarcy wrote: »
    It’s only a non story if he didn’t hand over this document in the given circumstances.

If he did, then his position is untenable. He can’t ever be in cabinet again and quite frankly, if true, he needs to immediately resign as a TD.

Has this not-so-rough beast's hour come round at last?

xMs04Gf8_400x400.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    My point is factual. The quote from the article is on a whatsapp message not posted by Varadkar.

If there is evidence he did say it then feel free to share with the class.

Was that you talking about snark earlier?

My point is also factual.

Duhhhhh, the evidence has been provided, his close personal friend, confidant and possible business partner (?) stating to a group of GP's Varadkar told him he doesn't give a f+ck about refugees. DP is Flanagans gig.

Or do you think Varadkars mate who he leaked government documents to is lying? Surely that would be another defamation case for Varadkar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

well if they go to the electorate with the whiff of Charley haughty types of corruption surrounding them and I'd say good luck to that theory

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

CorkRed93 wrote: »
    If Martin doesn't push Leo out the door he's finished. Don't know how any FF'ers in gov could stand by him after he already sacked 2 of his own TDs.

Martin only does what's convenient for Martin.

He has a history of shafting people to cover his own failings.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,734 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Has this not-so-rough beast's hour come round at last?

xMs04Gf8_400x400.jpg

Coveney wouldn't be much of an improvement to be honest. If anything he could do far more damage IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,909 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

politics means "get them out" if you are in opposition.

Then when the Opposition get in they are squeaky clean. Yeah right.

It is a battle. Find the weak spots and go full on. Will be interesting to see how this V issue pans out. There is no doubt he didn't display public service in this, more like his own. But we shall see what media outlet decides to fillet him. They will decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,084 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Coveney wouldn't be much of an improvement to be honest. If anything he could do far more damage IMO.

Really? I would have thought you could rely on him to keep his head down and wait for his turn as taoiseach

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

Plenty arrogance, not as much smugness.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,909 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

An acolyte of his dear departed friend Sutherland.

Ok. Look at what they want to do. We will be inundated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭jackboy

Plenty arrogance, not as much smugness.

Coveney has been pig ignorant to the brits with brexit, which has gained him many fans in Ireland. Wait till he behaves like that when dealing with various groups in Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement