Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,947 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Hmmm, this is going to get ugly. Taoiseachs response at best, Tepid, Jim o callaghan (well predictable), Greens really quite but the most interesting titbit, the Village highlighting the Dail record at the time, we're of all people "Stephen Donnelly, then in opposition" clearly stated as opposition health spokesperson "he had no sight or copy of the offending document in the Month of April, suggesting the opposite of what Leo stated, namely the document was widely circulated and in the public domain.

I sense a spot of Electioneering over the coming days.

Kind of Ironic, Leo's infamous and well known habit of leaking is about to bite him and even more Ironic a fellow Doctor the cause.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

There will be more to the pay for play charlie Flannagan direct provision contracts I think.

They are building hotels all over Dublin port with kitchenettes, washing machines and dishwashers in each room. Fuse boards in the room aswell.

These are not the standard hotel rooms. I think we are either going to become the refugee centre of europe and charlie has the keys to the kingdom or the planning process is being fiddled in some way or another.

Time will tell, we are only scratching the surface.

Leo doesnt give a **** about the refugees may mean , ok you payed Leo but now you have to pay Charlie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

I can't believe we're 32 pages in and the thread title still mangles Varadkar's name.

yeah, but doesn't Var-da-kar sound more Star Wars-y ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

RTE says this is "politically hazordous" for Leo.

That’s as big a condemnation you will get from RTE on Vradkar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭tipptom

Yeah hand jobs and him delivering a happy ending.

Good man.

Isnt that how people that have themselves up for sale advertise themselves.

You seem to be so obsessed with whatever gay angle you have brought to the story and your growing frustration with the legs that this story is gathering that you are either misreading posts or purposely trying to use a serious subject like homophobia to deflect.

Your nearly worse than the other one from Blue Shirt Central on this thread who keeps shouting "All MEN ALL MEN"!!!!

Bizzare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Did Varadkar specify exactly what parts of the story were false or incorrect? Those telling it seem to be doubling down. I would have thought he could have corrected them also when they contacted him for comment?

https://twitter.com/BowesChay/status/1322587715196641283?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭Phoebas

golfball37 wrote: »
    Did it feature at all on the six one news? Watching the hurling

It did, and the viewership must have been left scratching their heads wondering what the fuss is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

Where's blanch gone I thought he was going clearing everything up for us mere mortals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭JimToken

jackboy wrote: »
    The story is gone all over. If not true I would expect Varadkar to give a strong denial today. If he doesn’t do that he is probably in damage limitation mode and there may be a real story here.

He said he's seeking legal advise

Usually means did something wrong

JimToken wrote: »
    He said he's seeking legal advise

Usually means did something wrong

Yes. The publishers made a booboo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

smurgen wrote: »
    Where's blanch gone I thought he was going clearing everything up for us mere mortals?
    He's pointing at the Shinners....

Are you his solicitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Man with broke phone

Fann Linn wrote: »
    He's pointing at the Shinners....

Somewhere in a bunker in D4 lads are showing other lads the "where are the bodies buried" technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 67,169 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Why didn't he injunct them when they looked for a comment if he was being defamed?

Doesn't add up Maryanne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

That’s as big a condemnation you will get from RTE on Vradkar.

I'm no lover of RTE, God knows, but I honestly believe condemnation of any politician should not be in their remit. Simply report the facts, fully, accurately and without bias. Do I trust them to do this? Hmmm, ok no!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭thomas 123

That won’t matter a toss if half of what they said is true though.

Please outline the booboo that the publishers made.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

This is a criminal matter. Has it been reported to the guards yet?

From Varadkars own statement - '' "He hoped to use Dr. Ó Tuathail’s influence to encourage all GPs to accept it including those represented by NAGP,"

Varadkar was trying to benefit personally from leaking the documents to 'influencers'

Himself and the doctor who received the goods have to face honest consequences for their illegal behaviour. Jail time.

Varadkar also needs to clarify some other points from the messages between himself and Drzerocraic -

What other things has Varadkar ''come through'' with for his mate?
    Why does Varadkars mate think he can organize direct provision contracts for people?
    Why does Varadkars mate think he doesn't give a f+ck about refugees?

Varadkar is in absolutely no position to sue. The last thing he and his backers would want is forensic investigators having access to his private communications. Its all panicked bluff atm from himself and his cyber shills.

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Smegging hell

joemurt wrote: »
    This is a criminal matter. Has it been reported to the guards yet?

From Varadkars own statement - '' "He hoped to use Dr. Ó Tuathail’s influence to encourage all GPs to accept it including those represented by NAGP,"

Varadkar was trying to benefit personally from leaking the documents to 'influencers'

Himself and the doctor who received the goods have to face honest consequences for their illegal behaviour. Jail time.

Varadkar also needs to clarify some other points from the messages between himself and Drzerocraic -

What other things has Varadkar ''come through'' with for his mate?
    Why does Varadkars mate think he can organize direct provision contracts for people?
    Why does Varadkars mate think he doesn't give a f+ck about refugees?

Varadkar is in absolutely no position to sue. The last thing he and his backers would want is forensic investigators having access to his private communications. Its all panicked bluff atm from himself and his cyber shills.

Has there been any comment from the Union involved and or ICTU?
    How can any union have trust or put faith in negotiations in a leader, Leo, who runs to a third party with the contract details?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭I Am The Law

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

What booboo did the publishers make ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

Politically FF will be advising Varadkar to ride this out.

The longer he tries to make this career ending leak into a ''noting-burger'' the greater credit FF will receive when they pull the plug on this shambles of a 3 way.

Pretty funny that FG has been trying (successfully) daily to damage FF before they would pull the plug early next year and now FF hold the card. Will they take their chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

As this the rolling rock continues to gather momentum, 2 things at the fore of my thoughts based on previous incidents:

1) if the editorial team in the Village are as smart as any other reputable publication they probably have other info to hand as a riposte to the initial response.

2) as I said earlier in the thread, if a politician is still explaining in 36/48 hours it never ends well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

I know I posted this earlier but any time Leo shows himself up as a twat I replay it.

I have it on repeat all day.

When do ye think this is going to blow over? :D

joemurt wrote: »
    Politically FF will be advising Varadkar to ride this out.

The longer he tries to make this career ending leak into a ''noting-burger'' the greater credit FF will receive when they pull the plug on this shambles of a 3 way.

Pretty funny that FG has been trying (successfully) daily to damage FF before they would pull the plug early next year and now FF hold the card. Will they take their chance?
    He'll hardly be taking advice from FF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    You think his sexual orientation is important here?

If he was a straight man would you think that?

As I said. Substitute Trump and blonde buxom 29yo “friend” and no one would think innuendos and snarky jokes were inappropriate. Stop treating gay people differently than you would straight people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Have been enthralled by this story since I started seeing the tweets last night.

Delighted some of this corruption is coming to media attention; also hope it gets this celebrity medic who has seemingly capitalized on the pandemic off our screens.....

As this the rolling rock continues to gather momentum, 2 things at the fore of my thoughts based on previous incidents:

1) if the editorial team in the Village are as smart as any other reputable publication they probably have other info to hand as a riposte to the initial response.

2) as I said earlier in the thread, if a politician is still explaining in 36/48 hours it never ends well.

Usually they're holding ammunition back in the first article

Unless they're idiots charging in all guns blazing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭tigger123

As I said. Substitute Trump and blonde buxom 29yo “friend” and no one would think innuendos and snarky jokes were inappropriate. Stop treating gay people differently than you would straight people.

Trump has a well documented history of using his position to sexually exploit women (grabbin' em by the p*ssy et al).

Does Leo have the same reputation?

Or is it thrown out there because he's gay?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement