Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Varadkar story in The Village??? - Mod Notes and banned Users in OP updated 16/05

Options

Comments

FAKE NEWS

Homophobic attack

Racially driven agenda

Left liberals at it again!

(Well it's worth a try) :D

It seems that timelines will be critical here, in terms of whether he did anything wrong:

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2020/1031/1175125-leo-varadkar/

Mr Varadkar said the fact that an agreement had been reached, and the nature of that agreement, was not something that was confidential or sensitive after 6 April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

His interview was spot on though.

No it wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭joemurt

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    No, I'm saying the comment is from a whatsapp conversation that he was not involved in. As in he literally didnt say it.

You're wrong.

He literally could have said he ''didn't give a f+ck about refugees'' to his mate, who then went on to convey his words to the group.

Varadkar has not yet addressed this part of the story. Nor his mate.

So you should refrain from spreading your interpretation as fact. It is not.

tipptom wrote: »

This is a death knell to his career even if he rides it out,Simon is preparing for high office.

I'd say Leo couldn't give a rats arse being T shock again- there will be too much crap to sort out post Covid and feic all money to do anything. Martin took the job because he wanted the title and was hungry for it.

Leo's been there, done that- he'll walk before becoming T Shock again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

joemurt wrote: »
    You're wrong.

He literally could have said he ''didn't give a f+ck about refugees'' to his mate, who then went on to convey his words to the group.

Varadkar has not yet addressed this part of the story. Nor his mate.

So you should refrain from spreading your interpretation as fact. It is not.

My point is factual. The quote from the article is on a whatsapp message not posted by Varadkar.

If there is evidence he did say it then feel free to share with the class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,353 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Varadkar getting lot of pressure from within FG to go.

Also, the greens are not at all happy with him staying on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭stockshares

The Greens are in real trouble if they stand by him.

They are in enough due to Roderic O Gorman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Allinall

Varadkar getting lot of pressure from within FG to go.

Also, the greens are not at all happy with him staying on.

Who in FG are putting pressure on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭boardise

They cant say it outright but at the end it looks like they are saying it looks like O Tuathill can get a direct provision contract for the right price, then it names who would have to be paid. There is a giant money bag picture in there. It also looks like the guy Bowes needed to be told Leo is not the one who needs to be paid this time.

I interpreted that emoji differently . I presumed it meant that if the proposed venture went ahead it would be a profitable one. It didn't enter my head that some form of naked bribery might be involved...nor would I believe it untilI saw cast iron proof.
    An emoji in a text is pretty far from proof -it's not even evidence in my book ...but then I'm not a dedicated Varadkar hater.

The Greens are in real trouble if they stand by him.

They are in enough due to Roderic O Gorman.

Greens are at their old tricks of tax everything in sight without a creative idea in their collective little brains- they won't feature in the next election- they're totally irrelevant- so if they want power, they need to stay the course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,908 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I don't agree one bit about V giving this info to his cronies.

However, if someone could tell me what impact it has on our lives, I'm all ears.

I'd say Leo couldn't give a rats arse being T shock again- there will be too much crap to sort out post Covid and feic all money to do anything. Martin took the job because he wanted the title and was hungry for it.

Leo's been there, done that- he'll walk before becoming T Shock again.

We shall see. But as a sceptic I'm inclined to agree with you. It all depends on the political and Covid landscape when his turn comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

I don't agree one bit about V giving this info to his cronies.

However, if someone could tell me what impact it has on our lives, I'm all ears.

Depending on if or what aspects of the deal it changed we could have ended up paying our more of our tax money. Golfgate or Cowen drink driving didnt have an impact on our lives directly - that's still no reason to let it go unpunished.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

Have to feel this is a non story

It does show though that there is a huge amount of hatred for Leo

Really has exposed a lot if people

I guess SF and Paddy Cosgrave will do anything, they must live sad pathetic lives

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

If Martin doesn't push Leo out the door he's finished. Don't know how any FF'ers in gov could stand by him after he already sacked 2 of his own TDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I guess SF and Paddy Cosgrave will do anything, they must live sad pathetic lives

If you think this is a non story you should've seen the reaction when three Shinners resigned over 30k.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Goldrickssan

Please tell me how leaking sensitive documents about ongoing negotiations to the public is a non story?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

Oh man, the Taoiseach hands out a Government document marked 'Confidential/ not for circulation' to his buddy, who has no connection to the Government, and you think its a non story??????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭CorkRed93

Please tell me how leaking sensitive documents about ongoing negotiations to the public is a non story?

Non story because its Leo. Anyone else ( I include FF in that) would be lambasted by Leo and FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

go back to the drawing board in the FG press office please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭ddarcy

Cute Hoor wrote: »
    Oh man, the Taoiseach hands out a Government document marked 'Confidential/ not for circulation' to his buddy, who has no connection to the Government, and you think its a non story??????

It’s only a non story if he didn’t hand over this document in the given circumstances.

If he did, then his position is untenable. He can’t ever be in cabinet again and quite frankly, if true, he needs to immediately resign as a TD. If not then I can see a collapse of government. Plus he’ll have legal issues.

But I’d down to id this true or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

It's not a good look but if anybody thinks this is sackable offence, every person in the Dail would have to walk

It also is gutter journalism and shows that really must have no good stories to tell,

Who cares about this, why now?

It stinks of some desperate smear campaign but bored and hateful people, no doubt driven by Paddy Cosgrave and his hatred for FG

• Registered Users Posts: 67,134 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

He is being summoned to the Dáil by his coalition partners to answer for it. A non story indeed. :)

ddarcy wrote: »
    It’s only a non story if he didn’t hand over this document in the given circumstances.

If he did, then his position is untenable. He can’t ever be in cabinet again and quite frankly, if true, he needs to immediately resign as a TD. If not then I can see a collapse of government. Plus he’ll have legal issues.

But I’d down to id this true or not...

However, Mr Varadkar also said that the provision of a copy of an agreement with the Irish Medical Organisation to the head of the National Association of General Practitioners "was not best practice".

He said that he provided a copy of the agreement to Dr Maitiú Ó Tuathail, then head of the National Association of General Practitioners, on a date between 11 and 16 April 2019

He is being summoned to the Dáil by his coalition partners to answer for it. A non story indeed. :)

Due process- many have fallen at this stage in terms of their "answer" which was far from accurate or complete- we'll wait and see what Leo has to say but this does feel like a contrived story.

It's not a good look but if anybody thinks this is sackable offence, every person in the Dail would have to walk

It also is gutter journalism and shows that really must have no good stories to tell,

It stinks of some desperate smear campaign but bored and hateful people, no doubt driven by Paddy Cosgrave and his hatred for FG

Driven by nobody but Varadkar, if he had respected the confidentiality of Government documents there would be no story. Pick on Paddy Cosgrave or whoever you want to, Varadkar is the culprit here, he has admitted it, no attempted spinning the blame to others will change that, Varadkar is the culprit here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭caveat emptor

I suppose it's just symptomatic of the integrity of those in high office here.
    It's fairly clear that things like this get decided between friends. Seamus Wolfe etc. No-one ever resigns here on a point of integrity because there is no honour among politicians.

It appears that Paddy Cosgrave is Ireland's equivalent of ''Russia".

Paddy no doubt commandeered Leo's body and electronic devices.

Idiot for exposing himself to this scrutiny. So unnecessary really.

He has exposed himself as a person who favours his connections.

The next week will be crucial lol (Covid updates).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement