Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three dead as woman beheaded in France

Options

Comments

Be in no doubt. The enemies of the west recognise this compassion/tolerance/fear of being called bigoted, weaponise it and turn it against us.

Do you really think I have any doubts about it? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Do you really think I have any doubts about it? :D

No :P

Thing is, i think the majority of people recognise it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Have Sinn Fein said anything about such a horrific terrorist attack on our neighbours and allies in a Catholic Church no less.

Not that they have any credibility condemning terrorism but you get the feeling many of the Shinner cranks with their Palestinian flags wouldn't be too concerned about condemning this.

Have Sinn Fein said anything about such a horrific terrorist attack on our neighbours and allies in a Catholic Church no less.

Not that they have any credibility condemning terrorism but you get the feeling many of the Shinner cranks with their Palestinian flags wouldn't be too concerned about condemning this.

Are....are you....are you really....

I'll start again...

*Deep breath*

Are you really using the death of three people in a church in France at the hands of an Islamic terrorist, as a way to have a pop at Sinn Fein and their supporters?

Man, take a look in the mirror and give yourself a talking to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

A clash of cultures? Are they smoking meth? What f*cking civilized society would want a culture that sees the beheading of a human being acceptable? There is no equivalence between free speech and intentionally slaughtering somebody by beheading them. It's a culture that should have no room in civilized societies. This has to be a windup, cause it's infuriating!

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1321808934647246849

With the continuous pandering towards Islam, the blind eye has been turned on many many occasions. They’ve been accommodated and tolerated, which has been an expectation of their culture since they've arrived in the EU. I think its about time Western countries set expectations for the integration and assimilation of people from non-western countries into their societies.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

A clash of cultures? Are they smoking meth? What f*cking civilized society would want a culture that sees the beheading of a human being acceptable? There is no equivalence between free speech and intentionally slaughtering somebody by beheading them. It's a culture that should have no room in civilized societies. This has to be a windup, cause it's infuriating!

https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1321808934647246849

With the continuous pandering towards Islam, the blind eye has been turned on many many occasions. They’ve been accommodated and tolerated, which has been an expectation of their culture since they've arrived in the EU. I think its about time Western countries set expectations for the integration and assimilation of people from non-western countries into their societies.

correct, seemingly beheading a woman is a "culture"

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

What the f*ck has Palestine or a Palestinian flag got to do with a guy from Tunisia?

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Mules

The thing what annoys me is the media will keep pushing for more immigration from the countries of origin of these attackers. Anyone who doesn't agree will be called a heartless racist. There are good and bad people in all countries but why risk bringing in the worst just to get the good?

Even with background checks these things aren't foolproof. Other attackers have turned from non islamist petty criminals in to mass murderers. How do you know in advance who is alright and who isnt?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Cordell

That's exactly what it is, a clash between the modern European culture and the barbaric culture that beheads people for blasphemy. Middle ages all over again.

I dont want tens of thousand of women hating, child raping, lunatics that believe in an invisible man in the sky, coming here, mentally stunted people who think its ok to behead people because of mental delusions

I dont care what color or sex these nut jobs are.

These people treat women like dirt, think no one is allowed freedom of speech, and their invisible man in the sky that does not even exist and their beliefs trumps everything else.

This is not about race or color, but the mentality of these lunatics.

• Advertisement

Are....are you....are you really....

I'll start again...

*Deep breath*

Are you really using the death of three people in a church in France at the hands of an Islamic terrorist, as a way to have a pop at Sinn Fein and their supporters?

Man, take a look in the mirror and give yourself a talking to.

Who is having a pop? I'm asking if our main opposition party have condemned this attack like our government has.

It's relatively straight forward to condemn it. Sinn Fein have ignored the issue, and want to run this country.

I dont want tens of thousand of women hating, child raping, lunatics that believe in an invisible man in the sky, coming here, mentally stunted people who think its ok to behead people because of mental delusions

I dont care what color or sex these nut jobs are.

These people treat women like dirt, think no one is allowed freedom of speech, and their invisible man in the sky that does not even exist and their beliefs trumps everything else.

This is not about race or color, but the mentality of these lunatics.

Good point.

If people were told that a load of american rednecks, who wanted to shoot gays and who beat their wives and were devout catholics who would shoot you if you dared mock their jesus, were coming to live in their country, they would be rightly up in arms.

Change the nationality, religion and weapon of choice though....

Who is having a pop? I'm asking if our main opposition party have condemned this attack like our government has.

It's relatively straight forward to condemn it. Sinn Fein have ignored the issue, and want to run this country.

You.

You are having a pop.

Please dont insult my intelligence by pretending otherwise.

Granadino wrote: »
    What the f*ck has Palestine or a Palestinian flag got to do with a guy from Tunisia?

Islamic terrorism, what this thread is about.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Some people dedicate huge portions of their waking life to a football team or a hockey team or a baseball team etc.
    They are open season for scrutiny and ridicule.
    Some people dedicate huge portions of their waking life to bands or musical artists.
    Some people dedicate huge portions of their waking life to a political party and/or political ideology.
    Some people dedicate huge portions of their waking life to a religion or religious beliefs.
    There is no exemptions for just because it is a religious belief.
    In my opinion there should be even more scrutiny and discussion over religious beliefs because people get so dedicated. Carte blanche exemptions on religious grounds are the devil. So to speak.

This thread is about a specific attack which has nothing to do with Sinn Fein or their supporters and to try and make it so for no intelligible reason is a poor reflection on you.

why is it no one has an issue with atheists coming here
    or buddhists ?
    no one has an issue with the society of friends (quakers)

why is it always the muslims ?
    But mention this and they think they are immune to criticism.

The saddest part are the "woke" women fighting their cause, the same women who would be treated like absolute dirt, by the same mentalists.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭afro man

I Heard it all Now its all down to Sinn Fein.. Go back to the Pub You clown

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

afro man wrote: »

That's actually not what he said at all.
    In case you hadn't noticed, the pubs are all closed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,416 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

correct, seemingly beheading a woman is a "culture"

It is, it's part of the culture and permeated through the culture through the religion which demanded it.

It's not a problem in the Islamic world overall, it's why an Ex PM of Malaysia can support the killings.

The religious instruction is clear.

Islam is a uniquely militant religion. War is at its heart in a way no other religion in the last 2000 years has had.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,761 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

why is it no one has an issue with atheists coming here
    or buddhists ?
    no one has an issue with the society of friends (quakers)

I don't think you can lump atheists in as some kind of religion or organisation. Atheists don't congregate to worship....nothing. They don't pray to...nothing. They are not very organised. They don't have scared texts etcs

For some reason muslims hate atheists way way more than they hate Christians or any other religion. I think they feel all atheists deserve to die.
    Not sure why. Perhaps they think intelligent rational people will expose massive holes in their beliefs and texts.

I wish we had a world with no religion. It will never happen but imagine...

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭WrenBoy

I don't think you can lump atheists in as some kind of religion or organisation. Atheists don't congregate to worship....nothing. They don't pray to...nothing. They are not very organised. They don't have scared texts etcs

For some reason muslims hate atheists way way more than they hate Christians or any other religion. I think they feel all atheists deserve to die.
    Not sure why.

A lot of islam borrows from the bible and Torah but changes to suit itself. Example would be Jesus.

Also the fact that when islam was starting christianity had already been established hundreds of years so christian groups would have been dealt with more diplomatically in the beginning.
    At least until islam was strong enough in numbers and militarily to begin suppressing Christians and Jews (which it did), thats why the "peaceful verses" were often abrogated later on by commands to fight against non believers.
    Pagan or atheistic groups would have stood alone without having "back-up" so to speak so they wouldn't need to have been shown much respect in the text at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Granadino

Ah right, so the Palestinians are terrorists now? What about the Indonesians. You haven't mentioned them yet, or the Albanians...

On a side note. Anyone ever visited the Alhambra in Granada? One of the most beautiful buildings I've been in, (Italy etc included). Way ahead of their time in civilising the natives in Iberia at the time. Where did it all go wrong you say....

Not sure why. Perhaps they think intelligent rational people will expose massive holes in their beliefs and texts.

I wish we had a world with no religion. It will never happen but imagine...

completely agree.

I dont seek out other atheist to discuss philosophy.

I have no problem with a person who wants to believe in that god nonsense., as long as the dont impede upon me.

If they want to believe in fairies, goblins, santa claus, unicorns, big foot, allah or whatever good for them I respect their right.

However the same people who cry about the right to their beliefs, are not very tolerant when someone elses beliefs clash with theirs.

I know many devout catholics, and protestants, and not one of them ever had an issue with me and my beliefs, but Muslims think I am some sort of Devil, which is funny since if your dont believe in god, then there cannot be a devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭Nermal

Think I'm exaggerating?

No just deflecting. Similar to the posturing about 'sky gods'. It's an attempt to blame all religions for the problems caused by one.

Nermal wrote: »
    No just deflecting. Similar to the posturing about 'sky gods'. It's an attempt to blame all religions for the problems caused by one.

Is it just one ?

Are the jews making things worse in palestine with their treatment of the palestinians whose land they took ?

the crusades and spanish inquisition....what religion was at the core of that.

Religion has been responsible for millions of deaths

• Registered Users Posts: 3,530 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Haha, Turkey gets hit by a severe earthquake after a week of **** stirring by Erdoğan regards the precious prophet. So much for divine intervention or maybe the Catholic god is the one true god after all, lol!!!

🙈🙉🙊

Granadino wrote: »
    Ah right, so the Palestinians are terrorists now? What about the Indonesians. You haven't mentioned them yet, or the Albanians...

And... now you're seeking to complicate the issue by introducing aspects which have no relationship to the topic at hand.

Your attitude is one of the reasons why it's so difficult to resolve any of the problems facing Europe. Instead, of focusing on the matter at hand, we need to consider every other possible scenario, to be fair to everyone, to be... whatever.

This need to complicate issues has been shown repeatedly to be counter-productive, but then I guess that's the point.
    On a side note. Anyone ever visited the Alhambra in Granada? One of the most beautiful buildings I've been in, (Italy etc included). Way ahead of their time in civilising the natives in Iberia at the time. Where did it all go wrong you say....

Ahh history. Where did it go wrong? The desire for fundamentalist belief, and the need to dominate others of different religions/cultures. And I've been to various countries in the M.East. Gorgeous Architecture and wonderful food.. so what? They still have barbarous customs and attitudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Haha, Turkey gets hit by a severe earthquake after a week of **** stirring by Erdoğan regards the precious prophet. So much for divine intervention or maybe the Catholic god is the one true god after all, lol!!!

You beat me to it. I was going to say someone must have broken some Islamic rule.

• Advertisement

afro man wrote: »

I didn't say anything of the sort, reading comprehension is something you lack. And the pubs are closed afro man.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement