Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 21 Ultimate Team

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Chiarrai92

Anyone else having a hard time in the weekend league this game?

Last year i spent all my time in div 7/6 of rivals and every weekend i was getting 11+ wins..

So far this year im in div 5, pushing div 4 in rivals but playing absolutely shocking in the WL.. Last weekend i got my 4th win in my 15th game and then lost my last 15 in a row..

So far this weekend iv won 4 and lost18 so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,416 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Chiarrai92 wrote: »

Last year i spent all my time in div 7/6 of rivals and every weekend i was getting 11+ wins..

So far this year im in div 5, pushing div 4 in rivals but playing absolutely shocking in the WL.. Last weekend i got my 4th win in my 15th game and then lost my last 15 in a row..

bloody hell...would love to see how they're matching you up with other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Chiarrai92 wrote: »

Yeah I noticied it's tougher alright. I scrapped 14 last week and this week I've finished with 13. I'd only about two easy games wheras I was getting at least 5/6 before.

I just need to sort out my defending. I'm finding switching between players tougher and it's causing havoc inside my box, especially against skillful players. Giving away soft goals is costing me wins and when I score, most of the goals are well worked so it's frustrating. Going up againist a good player means I have to score 5/6 to have a chance of a win. Need to watch some tutorials before I play WL again. Keeping clean sheets are tough in this game. Ramos is getting bought too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Blazer wrote: »
    bloody hell...would love to see how they're matching you up with other players.

I would not have the patience to lose that many games in a row!

On my side, still feeling the game out, upgraded a few players. Got Rodrigo in, at cam he is excellent.

Holding my own in div5. One 8-1 hammering today, again an even game but for some reason something clicks and I can't live with the other team defensively. 1-1 at half time and tight. Open in the 2nd half and I miss as many chances as they have to score the 7 other goals.

Enjoying the crossing and better headers. Crosses last season never worked, now if there is a man free, whip it in and there's a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Did my 30 games yesterday, got 16 wins, bottled last 3 games so didn't get the 17.

Sold O2W Allan and Son today and bought Kante. Also brought in rulebreaker Kamara and Lenglet instead of Telles and Militao.

Packed De Bruyne as well so now using Bruno as a cdm.

Impressed with Kamara so far in Div 1 rivals

• Advertisement

changed my team around yet again :D
    This time Kante is staying in midfield. With a shadow card he's just absolutely crazy op. Had tried him with powerhouse but shadow...you'd swear he was the fastest player on the pitch with how much ground he covers. In his first game he broke up play on the edge of the box, ran upfield with it , passed to Ben Yedder who took a shot at the keeper who spilled it and kicked it out to be blocked by Kante who bundled it into the net to make the guy rage quit.
    I don't know who had the bigger grin...me or Kante but I'm pretty sure I looked as happy as this.

bc1785a35b08389bbe9538619c8f9ee4.png&quality=70&width=720&aspectratio=16:9&extend=white

• Registered Users Posts: 19,545 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

So the Milestone to score in 200 WL games with Rare Players was an issue last week where Special cards weren't counted as Rares, so they fixed that. This week it's an issue again because now Rulebreakers don't count as Rare cards.

So the Milestone to score in 200 WL games with Rare Players was an issue last week where Special cards weren't counted as Rares, so they fixed that. This week it's an issue again because now Rulebreakers don't count as Rare cards.

did you mean last year?
    Who on earth has played 200 WL games already?

Blazer wrote: »
    did you mean last year?
    Who on earth has played 200 WL games already?

Nobody, there have only been 60 available WL games so far.

The Milestone shows how many you've played, if you have a Rulebreaker in your team the game does not count

Nobody, there have only been 60 available WL games so far.

The Milestone shows how many you've played, if you have a Rulebreaker in your team the game does not count

ah...ffs :D

• Advertisement

Just playwd a game I was told was 4 ping in which I can't make a pass without waiting a full second between pressing the button and seeing it play out. I swear I get 3 losses a week from this. 7-2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

Just playwd a game I was told was 4 ping in which I can't make a pass without waiting a full second between pressing the button and seeing it play out. I swear I get 3 losses a week from this. 7-2 now.

im 90% sure they are fabricating ping to make it look like the new servers are working at this stage :D almost every game in rivals i went into last night felt like i was connecting to someone in australia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭Parawind

Just dragged myself over the line to get Gold 1 with my last game. I went 1-0 up in the first 15 mins and the guy just quite out instantly.

20-10 vs 18-12 last weekend.

Only a 2 game Improvement but this time the penalties cost me. Seems that for me Rashford is the most difficult player to handle. Almost all my defeats were with him up front.

Also is anyone else noticing that there seems to be no real punishment for fouls or mistimed tackles. Like I finish a game check the stats page and both the other players CBs always end up 1/11 tackles, yet the match stats decides there was only 2 fouls all game.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Check your clubs for 77/75s in good leagues/nations. They’re very inflated atm cos of the new SBC.

10-5 so far.
    Bringing in Kante has put me on a 4 game winning streak so far. Might try and hit 14/17 tomorrow depending on work.
    I’m just playing 442 with balanced everything and long ball attack when every other setting on default.

Gameplay this weekend feels so stiff, not sure what’s wrong. Had 3 draws in a row where I couldn’t finish/opponents keeper turned into prime Neuer and then 2 losses where the opponent had the miles better squad and I was just dominated.

Having trouble with wide CAMs in a 4231 too.. they’re just not getting involved at all. 12 games each and they’ve 3 goals and 4 assists between them.

Gameplay this weekend feels so stiff, not sure what’s wrong. Had 3 draws in a row where I couldn’t finish/opponents keeper turned into prime Neuer and then 2 losses where the opponent had the miles better squad and I was just dominated.

Having trouble with wide CAMs in a 4231 too.. they’re just not getting involved at all. 12 games each and they’ve 3 goals and 4 assists between them.

what width are you using attacking ?

gameplay is pretty bad and ive not even started champs yet :D

chips1234 wrote: »
    what width are you using attacking ?

gameplay is pretty bad and ive not even started champs yet :D

I’ve left it at default 5. Find they’re just anonymous unless I bring them into play.

I’ve left it at default 5. Find they’re just anonymous unless I bring them into play.

try using it narrower on like 3 to bring them into the game more then use attacking full backs in game to push the full backs forward for width instead. then have the most defensive cdm to drop between cbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Check your clubs for 77/75s in good leagues/nations. They’re very inflated atm cos of the new SBC.

Did those 2 SBC’s. Packed nothing (what a shock) but made about 60,000 on the 77’s and 75’s I had.

I wonder if they’re going to release league SBC’s soon as this is a great way for them to gut clubs in advance of same.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

RB Andre was the best I packed from E2 SB rewards.

try using it narrower on like 3 to bring them into the game more then use attacking full backs in game to push the full backs forward for width instead. then have the most defensive cdm to drop between cbs.

I’ll give that a try next time I’m on.

I’ve dropped about 300 SR this weekend and dropped into div 5. Cannot finish for the life of me... think I’m gonna have to go back to 4321 as 4231 is just not working at all. 18 games played this weekend, 3 wins, 3 draws and the rest losses. Players feeling very stiff but a lot of the games just come down to me not being able to finish.

Might have to just go out and rage buy Aubameyang or something. My overall record is 24-5-26 which is the first time I’ve had a negative record since maybe fifa 13.

I’ll give that a try next time I’m on.

I’ve dropped about 300 SR this weekend and dropped into div 5. Cannot finish for the life of me... think I’m gonna have to go back to 4321 as 4231 is just not working at all. 18 games played this weekend, 3 wins, 3 draws and the rest losses. Players feeling very stiff but a lot of the games just come down to me not being able to finish.

Might have to just go out and rage buy Aubameyang or something. My overall record is 24-5-26 which is the first time I’ve had a negative record since maybe fifa 13.

tbh gameplay has been sh!te all weekend pretty much everybody moving like a truck if youre away from home you arent winning the game pretty much. people just fake shot glitching by defenders for fun and defenders just being stuck in teh mud not being able to get back etc

tbh gameplay has been sh!te all weekend pretty much everybody moving like a truck if youre away from home you arent winning the game pretty much. people just fake shot glitching by defenders for fun and defenders just being stuck in teh mud not being able to get back etc

Yeah, night and day compared to last week where it was pretty much flawless. I’ll give it another shot sometime before Thursday and hope that it’s improved. 6100 points so I’ll try push for 8k to secure rank 3 at least.

Yeah, night and day compared to last week where it was pretty much flawless. I’ll give it another shot sometime before Thursday and hope that it’s improved. 6100 points so I’ll try push for 8k to secure rank 3 at least.

i have 16060 in div 1 after finishing my 30 games tonight, its sh!t but it should hold i think since less people are grinding rivals cos of WL will be annoyed if it doesnt cos not being able to move while defending has cost me a lot of games this week. starting WL soon and honestly im not really expecting a whole lot from it this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

BrentMused wrote: »
    Did those 2 SBC’s. Packed nothing (what a shock) but made about 60,000 on the 77’s and 75’s I had.

I wonder if they’re going to release league SBC’s soon as this is a great way for them to gut clubs in advance of same.

2 sbc's?

Where is/was the other one?

Finishing the night at 10-2, here's the team in-game (8 chem for Carlos, 7 for TAA and Martial, all others on 10). It's a really weird set up but it works well for me and it's so much fun to finally get to play with attacking wingbacks again after last year. They basically play further forward than the strikers and at least one of them gets an assist every game:

Screenshot-20201026-011543.jpg

i have 16060 in div 1 after finishing my 30 games tonight, its sh!t but it should hold i think since less people are grinding rivals cos of WL will be annoyed if it doesnt cos not being able to move while defending has cost me a lot of games this week. starting WL soon and honestly im not really expecting a whole lot from it this week.

I finished on 7.5k last week I think and it still wasn’t enough :pac: so pushing it out for 8k+ this week to secure it. Not enough time this year for FIFA, so rank 3 will do me every week. Enough packs to satisfy my addiction :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

My team isn't particularly great so my first ever WL was a bit of a struggle. Anyways, ended up needing to win one of my last 2 games to get Gold III.

2-1 up at half time, all going quite smoothly, get a penalty - keeper saves
    Opponent scores on counter attack - 2-2
    Get penalty and opponent gets red card - keeper saves
    Opponent scores on counter attack - 2-3
    88th minute, I score to bring it to 3-3 and extra time
    First half of extra time - opponent scores to go 4-3
    2nd half of extra time - I get penalty (number 3!!) - keeper saves :eek:
    119th minute - I score to make it 4-4 and go to pens...

So after missing 3 pens during the match what happens?

Win 3-1 in the shootout :pac:

Was using this:

99d263da99c3f7b1830738a769755763.jpg

Kinda regret putting the coins into DCL, and I got very little out of my wingers so definitely looking at a rebuild for next week.

Its my first fifa in a few years and not sure what to make of it, the defending is weird. At times I play against people who's defender can seemingly sprint at my attacker and change pace at full speed to cover any possible dribbling angle, but I can't do this at all? Like at times I've actually started messing around dribbling with my wingers just to look at how these guys are somehow controlling a defender to cover everything and change directions in a way I can't seem to..

• Advertisement

8-0 leaving it there since last guy rubber banded and annoyed me :D 4 goals conceded and i dunno 30-40 scored, 4222 with mbappe and neymar as strikers is lots of fun. should be a fun 22 games tomorrow.

Advertisement