Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

Scotland v Georgia not on now? Can't find it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Scotland v Georgia not on now? Can't find it anywhere

7pm itv4

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

bilston wrote: »
    OK...I'll bite for the craic...you never rated BOD??

Care to explain why?

Because he could not pass a ball to save his life. The ball could end up anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

molloyjh wrote: »
    Well this post is.......unnecessary.

Although it doesn't make me wonder yet again why some people seem to wallow so much in misery & spite. It can't be healthy.

Chill out man.....

Never more chilled in my life - I love level 5 lockdown! :)

I love rugby too - but only a fool would suggest that loving Irish rugby means that I must also love the ludicrous sight and sound of plump Munster rugby supporters singing a song about some God-forsaken waterlogged fields around a small Connacht town, written by a Dub!

And don't get me started about singing about standing up and talking you know what!

Mod: Banned for trolling. No need to respond.

bilston wrote: »
    Its crazy. They should all be ashamed of themselves.

We criticise amateurs for doing it, but these guys are professionals and we aren't talking about a bunch of 22 year old either. Their actions won't help the Barbarians brand.

Sadly I think the Barbarians are probably past their sell by date anyway in the professional era.

Maybe a touch less self righteousness might be in order. The barbarians is a day out with your mates for a fee.

Nobody takes it seriously.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Apropos of nothing, what is it about accounts with new-ish join dates that are definitely, definitely not re-regs...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

aloooof wrote: »
    Apropos of nothing, what is it about accounts with new-ish join dates that are definitely, definitely not re-regs...

It was the most evidence this week so far, that the 6n is in fact, back! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

MOD NOTE

The inter- Provincial baiting needs to stop there's no place for it here or on any thread on the forum

Buer wrote: »
    I would have thought that a top class No. 7 is often the most noticeable player on the field. McCaw, Dusautoir, Warburton, McCaw, Pocock etc. All of them were probably the most celebrated and marked men in their teams for a number of seasons at their peak.

McCaw - so good you name him twice!

I'm not overly familiar with all of the nuances in rucks so a lot of time I only notice when there has been a turnover - and I saw nobody who was as good as Pocock at poaching opposition ball while taking the punishment of the opposition clear out.

I'm not overly familiar with all of the nuances in rucks so a lot of time I only notice when there has been a turnover - and I saw nobody who was as good as Pocock at poaching opposition ball while taking the punishment of the opposition clear out.

It is just a game with lads trying to earn a living. The better side usually wins.

Making gods out of lads with the latest retiree being trotted out as one of the greats is a peculiarity of rugby.

Doddie Weir is also one of the greats...as is that South African lad with the same condition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Pelezico wrote: »
    It is just a game with lads trying to earn a living. The better side usually wins.

Making gods out of lads with the latest retiree being trotted out as one of the greats is a peculiarity of rugby.

Doddie Weir is also one of the greats...as is that South African lad with the same condition.
    Its far from a peculiarity of rugby. All sports do it

• Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Maybe a touch less self righteousness might be in order. The barbarians is a day out with your mates for a fee.

Nobody takes it seriously.

Nah the 12 involved deserve all the stick going in this case.

Because he could not pass a ball to save his life. The ball could end up anywhere.

You're Welsh aren't you

Classy....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,152 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Classy....

Well he has a point. Its not like that SA guy has won a World Cup or been inducted into the World Rugby Hall of Fame. He was a journeyman at BEST.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Larbre34 wrote: »
    So Robshaw issues a grovelling proforma apology a the same moment the match is ****ing well cancelled. What an absolute bunch of ****wits to a man.

I know you can't fine a Barbarian, but really if these 12 guys want to be taken seriously again they should be donating many thousands of pounds to some effort to support the front line or furloughed workers.

Baffles me how angry people get at these things. Like are you sitting there actually mad at Robshaw?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,961 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

That was just Buer's way of showing proper respect to the greatest player in the history of the game.

Or maybe the fact that McCaw seemed to be offside while still being onside made Buer think there was 2 of him.

Classy....

Yeah...there arej ust so many greats out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

And unfortunately you'll never be one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

Dear God, what's going on?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,004 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

OldRio wrote: »
    Dear God, what's going on?

6 nations back... Sea gulls descending

mfceiling wrote: »
    And unfortunately you'll never be one of them.

I dont profess to be one...but wont make a god out of any lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

McFadden was one of the BaaBaas 12

Free the BaaBaas 12

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    McFadden was one of the BaaBaas 12

That's really disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    That was just Buer's way of showing proper respect to the greatest player in the history of the game.

Or maybe the fact that McCaw seemed to be offside while still being onside made Buer think there was 2 of him.

It sickens my hole that I made that mistake.

AdamD wrote: »
    Baffles me how angry people get at these things. Like are you sitting there actually mad at Robshaw?

They are just young lads who are good at rugby. Why do people get so angry?

And why should they donate their salary to anyone? Life is hard enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I’d take Pocock on his day over McCaw. Pocock always played in a fairly average enough Oz side bar 2015 and bits of 2011. He had pretty much 2 seasons chopped off with injury and one for sabbatical.

It’s the longevity and consistency, coupled with always playing in a fairly handy side that has McCaw as the goat.

But yeah, Pocock literally destroyed teams by coming up with turnovers he had no right to get near. I’ll miss watching him for sure.

They are just young lads who are good at rugby. Why do people get so angry?

And why should they donate their salary to anyone? Life is hard enough.

It definitely makes me feel better that you describe Rochard Wigglesworth as a young lad!

Look, their actions have caused the cancellation of an England national team Rugby match, it will cost the RFU hundreds of thousands of pounds (at least) in TV money at a time when they can't afford to lose any amount of money.

No doubt plenty of England rugby fans were looming forward to watching the match at the weekend. The actions of these guys (and they aren't young lads) has stopped that from happening.

I wouldn't say I'm angry...I'm not English...but I'm surpised they thought it was a good idea in the current circumstances.

Were they staying in a hotel? If they were, they could easily have upheld the Barabarians traditions at the hotel bar.

• Advertisement

If your argument is that rugby players are too revered and you pick Doddie Weir and Van der Westhuizen to illustrate the point, I think it says more about you than anything else tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement