Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Tipuric will cringe when he watches that try back. Shocking read from an experienced test openside.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,133 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

OldRio wrote: »
    Frances discipline is shocking which brings up the question of who is the ref next weekend?

Barnes. But he has covid. Expect Nigel maybe to get the gig

salmocab wrote: »
    Strictly?

Doubt it! I'm sitting in bed with the laptop and a glass of red...!

Bliss.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,320 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

AdamD wrote: »
    How would this money have helped the Fiji national team? These arguments get more and more weird

"This money would have meant something to those players." Not the team, the players. Who get very little money from their broke Union for the privilege of paying for their country.

If you just substitute your own words for what's been actually written, of course the arguments get weird. Anyway, I'll leave it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

French front row have been very impressive. Great work rate. IMO a good bit better than what Ireland put out today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Why on earth are they letting Biggar kick when Halfpenny is on the pitch?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Dupont is such a quality player

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Out of nowhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Wales deserve to concede that, incredibly safe, they need a try in order grab some momentum from but instead are going for goal from miles out.

Why on earth are they letting Biggar kick when Halfpenny is on the pitch?

They're typically both ~80% kickers over their careers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

They're typically both ~80% kickers over their careers
    Thought it was less than that.

He's not 100% tonight and has missed 3 kicks now.

Thought it was less than that.

He's not 100% tonight and has missed 3 kicks now.

That leg niggle definitely affected him

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

France.will eat Ireland alive if they play like that.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Doubt it! I'm sitting in bed with the laptop and a glass of red...!

Bliss.

TK or store brand?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

hahashake wrote: »
    He's a worthy candidate but he might be feeling a bit sheepish if he wins. Making a popularity contest is a terrible way to decide a winner.

When it’s done by public vote and so many candidates from NZ to split the vote. It’s always likely to end up with a weird outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Skyfloater

Hi All,
    I have a young lad on an U13's club side at the moment. who was borne in late December which makes him the youngest and smallest in the squad.
    I'm wondering that when he goes into secondary school next September, is the eligibility for each age group from 1st Jan to 1st Jan, or July to July?
    Thanks
    btw, it's Leinster branch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Skyfloater wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have a young lad on an U13's club side at the moment. who was borne in late December which makes him the youngest and smallest in the squad.
    I'm wondering that when he goes into secondary school next September, is the eligibility for each age group from 1st Jan to 1st Jan, or July to July?
    Thanks
    btw, it's Leinster branch
    All rugby in Leinster bar u18 clubs and u20 clubs eligibility date is January 1st
    Will he be in a bigger rugby school or also be playing youths rugby u13/14 next season?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Skyfloater

All rugby in Leinster bar u18 clubs and u20 clubs eligibility date is January 1st
    Will he be in a bigger rugby school or also be playing youths rugby u13/14 next season?

Thanks for that, he will be in one of the second tier schools. It's a co-ed, so they can just about scrape together a side. They play in the Development Cup(?)

Skyfloater wrote: »
    Thanks for that, he will be in one of the second tier schools. It's a co-ed, so they can just about scrap together a side. They play in the Development Cup(?)
    He will be able to play club and school rugby. Wouldnt worry too much if he's small. Lot can change at these age groups.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,001 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Just saw the le roux / awj incident in ber detail.

Not only does he strike him with his left elbow, the then dumps him obtuse the ground and gives him a flying peoples elbow with his right...

Has to be a ban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

I see the WRU are using Parc y Scarlets for Wales' three Nations Cup games.

OldRio wrote: »
    I see the WRU are using Parc y Scarlets for Wales' three Nations Cup games.
    Known for quite some time. Millennium still being used by NHS as temporary medical facility for covid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

Known for quite some time. Millennium still being used by NHS as temporary medical facility for covid

It’s in the news now as there was talks to use Tottenham’s new stadium in the hope of having a crowd in attendance.... but now that crowds won’t be allowed they followed through on the deal with Scarlets’ ground

I see McFadden has lost his spot on house of rugby after the breach. I liked the line up last year, thought the first episode with the new line up was nervy but ok but this week you could see they were struggling a bit and the content was quite light.

Can't see it lasting to be honest - has the UK one been cancelled altogether?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I see McFadden has lost his spot on house of rugby after the breach. I liked the line up last year, thought the first episode with the new line up was nervy but ok but this week you could see they were struggling a bit and the content was quite light.

Can't see it lasting to be honest - has the UK one been cancelled altogether?

Yeah hasn't come back, the 3 lads went off and set up their own podcast called 'The Good, the Bad and the Rugby', were being sued by Joe's parent company for it afaik.

Had listened to the first episode of the new Irish one, wasn't mad on it. Everything was a bit stiff and more like a full blown interview as opposed to the usual stuff you get with the likes of the old one or the UK.

Yeah hasn't come back, the 3 lads went off and set up their own podcast called 'The Good, the Bad and the Rugby', were being sued by Joe's parent company for it afaik.

Had listened to the first episode of the new Irish one, wasn't mad on it. Everything was a bit stiff and more like a full blown interview as opposed to the usual stuff you get with the likes of the old one or the UK.

Man, you're bring back memories for me. Used to love this when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭hahashake

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Looking forward too watching it when I hopefully find the series

Murray Kinsella posted a Rassie quote from the documentary this morning on his twitter that isn't the most complimentary of the Irish side...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,176 ✭✭✭✭Buer

hahashake wrote: »
    Murray Kinsella posted a Rassie quote from the documentary this morning on his twitter that isn't the most complimentary of the Irish side...

Jesus. He doesn't pull punches in that comment. I wouldn't be surprised if that is a commonly held belief in SA where they base their rugby on power and aggression.

I've said previously that Rassie is a very shrewd man and absolutely cut throat. He's savvy when in dealing with the media and knows how to answer a question to generate as much positive opinion as possible but I don't think for a second he'd hesitate to stick the knife into anyone for the benefit of his team. He's absolutely in the same bracket as Jones or Hansen for me but just a little more polished in front of the press.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

Ive just read that JJ Williams a former Welsh and Lions winger has passed away. He was part of that wonderful Wales team in the 1970s. He won numerous 5 Nations and Grand Slams. Classy player and unbelievably fast.
    RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,605 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Buer wrote: »
    Jesus. He doesn't pull punches in that comment. I wouldn't be surprised if that is a commonly held belief in SA where they base their rugby on power and aggression.

I've said previously that Rassie is a very shrewd man and absolutely cut throat. He's savvy when in dealing with the media and knows how to answer a question to generate as much positive opinion as possible but I don't think for a second he'd hesitate to stick the knife into anyone for the benefit of his team. He's absolutely in the same bracket as Jones or Hansen for me but just a little more polished in front of the press.

In fairness to Rassie it was a quote from his half time team talk during the RWC semi final. But it's definitely a thought that's pretty common amongst not only saffers but I've heard some english fans mention it too, that we're not a team who intimidates or imposes themselves on a game with massive hits and just destroys players in open field. And they're not wrong, under Joe our game was much more tactical and I think even in terms of tackling technique things are more based around the ruck that follows or getting the choke tackle, as opposed to just big booming hits.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement