Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Rugby Discussion II

Options

Comments

It was just a dinner

https://streamable.com/kio9e3

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

There are only 6 Fijians in the Babas squad and they don't play in the Nations Cup thing for another 3 weeks. Their period of self isolation will be well over by then. They have a game against Portugal in two weeks, against whom they'll be fine without those 6 players.

Imagine if 6 weeks ago. If some of the non international provincial guys went out and did something like this and by doing that disrupted when the international player's were able to head into camp and delaying and interfering with their prep for an international game we'd be fuming.

They signed up to doing something a certain way to make everyone's life a bit easier and decided to feck over their team mates

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Imagine if 6 weeks ago. If some of the non international provincial guys went out and did something like this and by doing that disrupted when the international player's were able to head into camp and delaying and interfering with their prep for an international game we'd be fuming.

They signed up to doing something a certain way to make everyone's life a bit easier and decided to feck over their team mates

Imagine if.....it did not happen. These young men made a mistake. But here is the thing. No young people take covid seriously.

I dont overthink older people are taking this lockdown seriously, judging by my walk in the park today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,916 ✭✭✭OldRio

Pelezico wrote: »
    Imagine if.....it did not happen. These young men made a mistake. But here is the thing. No young people take covid seriously.

I dont overthink older people are taking this lockdown seriously, judging by my walk in the park today.

'young men'?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

I'm not here to defend the rights or wrongs or the effectiveness of lock-downs this isn't about that.

Its about 12 guys in an extremely privileged position that signed upto a certain set of rules to play a game of rugby disregarding those rules by going out. And in doing so they cost the (practiacally broke) RFU tv money, took money out of the pockets of every person that 1 would have played to 2 would have been paid in relation to the game going ahead from camera people on the day to bus drivers that would bring the team to the ground
    cost the Fijian players prep time with their national team which they rarely would get.

How these guys couldn't do the same thing in the 5 star hotel they were in is beyond me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

You want to be outraged. It feels good.

I took something someone else told me as gospel, sounds like the details were wring.

However, we are constantly hearing about how much Fiji struggles financially with their international team. Thale money from this game would have meant something to those players. It's nice that professional British and Irish players have so little financial concern that they can be sanguine about it, but to me it reeks of "I'm alright Jack". If you don't find that a bit outrageous, cool for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,015 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

I'm not here to defend the rights or wrongs or the effectiveness of lock-downs this isn't about that.

Its about 12 guys in an extremely privileged position that signed upto a certain set of rules to play a game of rugby disregarding those rules by going out. And in doing so they cost the (practiacally broke) RFU tv money, took money out of the pockets of every person that 1 would have played to 2 would have been paid in relation to the game going ahead from camera people on the day to bus drivers that would bring the team to the ground
    cost the Fijian players prep time with their national team which they rarely would get.

How these guys couldn't do the same thing in the 5 star hotel they were in is beyond me
    It's the lack of understanding that gets me. I mean they should know what a 'bubble' is, why they are tested regularly, why they have to remain in that and the consequences of not doing so. Twelve of them. Just bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Is it really beyond you? They got bored, or didn't think . As for being extremely privileged, they work hard and deserve everything they get.

Get off the high horse. Everyone I know is breaking the rules...everybody.

Is it really beyond you? They got bored, or didn't think . As for being extremely privileged, they work hard and deserve everything they get.

Get off the high horse. Everyone I know is breaking the rules...everybody.

Outrage... High horse... I'm not saying these guys should be shot into the sun or anything. I'm calling them out for being selfish idiots whose actions have very clear and obvious consequences for other people. But it's ok because... boredom... They are grown ass men, use one of the couple of bars or restaurants in the hotel they were staying in and this is not an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 4,324 ✭✭✭Paul Smeenus

I'm gonna bail before Pelezico starts telling me about 5G.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭kuang1

That's my first time using the ignore function in a while.

Now I know it's 6 nations time!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Not sure rig this is allowed but anyone have any idea how I can watch all the games today or even just the Irish game via stream?stuck in Angola and sky Q doesn’t work here even with a vpn.am willing to pay for a reliable stream

Look up the match threads on r/rugbyunion, they'll.steer you right

France doing French things from the kick off against Wales. Let's hope the same next week.

That's a start...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,335 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Scrumhalves who stare at a breakdown wondering where their forwards are instead of getting stuck in - resulting in them losing the ball - do my tits in.

My stream is in arabic...

Frances discipline is shocking which brings up the question of who is the ref next weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

My stream is in arabic...

Is this not FTA on itv4

errlloyd wrote: »
    Is this not FTA on itv4

That's how I'm watching

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

OldRio wrote: »
    Frances discipline is shocking which brings up the question of who is the ref next weekend?
    7 penalties
    We haven't played 25 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,383 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I took something someone else told me as gospel, sounds like the details were wring.

However, we are constantly hearing about how much Fiji struggles financially with their international team. Thale money from this game would have meant something to those players. It's nice that professional British and Irish players have so little financial concern that they can be sanguine about it, but to me it reeks of "I'm alright Jack". If you don't find that a bit outrageous, cool for you.
    How would this money have helped the Fiji national team? These arguments get more and more weird

Sensational try

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

That is gorgeous. Such an entertaining 13.

errlloyd wrote: »
    Is this not FTA on itv4

TV's in use!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,474 ✭✭✭swiwi_

swiwi_ wrote: »
    That is gorgeous. Such an entertaining 13.

And again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

The Welsh are getting shredded

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Think France will Muller us next week tbh

Wales missing tackles all over the place and getting dominated physically. Could be a hiding here.

Think France will Muller us next week tbh

Wales are on the wane post Gatland - they don't have the talent or depth anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,284 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

TV's in use!

Strictly?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement