Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump Presidency discussion Thread VIII (threadbanned users listed in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,408 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Are they going to release the full thing?

Its already up, Trump (as usual) comes across as a whinging little five year old but seems to think he handled things amazingly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Gintonious wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/arlenparsa/status/1319302033879535617

What a complete child. Doesn't like try questions so off he goes...loser.

And yet his supporters thing he is some sort of alpha-male, sticking it to the system. He's a joke. An absolute fraud.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,078 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Good lord, such a heap of nonsense. He was totally focused on arguing whether the interviewer was being nice to him, and repeating his mantras that he concentrates on, mostly about how unfair everyone is to him. He did not offer a single coherent policy or argument, just went off on tangents and denied everything. I did skip bits of it because honestly listening to such pointless whinging is more than anyone should have to waste time on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭amandstu

Gintonious wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/arlenparsa/status/1319302033879535617

What a complete child. Doesn't like try questions so off he goes...loser.

It beneath interpretation. Had to bail out half way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,016 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

robinph wrote: »
    But the obligation to cover the words of Trump because of his job will be gone. Other than him doing something particularly daft, after 6 months he's just a crazy old man with zero power. He might have some influence over the other cultists, but surely they will be wanting a fresh face to follow once they realise he can't actually do anything anymore.

Once his power to sign executive orders and promise to do something significant in "2 weeks time" is gone he's of no use to them.

Will he finally have to pay for his security detail? I think Clinton changed the rules such that former presidents, after him, would no longer be entitled to free lifetime secret service cover to the same level. Will his security now expect to be paid for protecting him and have free accommodation at Mar A Lago instead of paying him for the service?

If he is a crazy old man that drives ratings they'll have him on whenever he wants. Nearly every element of US media is for profit and it shows in their decision making. Trump has been an attention seeker all his life and I don't see it stopping post losing an election and unless enough viewers get sick of him there will be plenty of places that will welcome him.

Where I agree things will change is that there won't be as much 'Trump said x crazy thing' leading the every night news. He'll still be there, just not in your face unless you're watching right wing media.

As for security I believe he has a detail for life but his family and the VP's lose theirs pretty quickly. That is going to be some additional cost on the Trumps given how despised they are all around the world.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I actually like Tucker a lot. He could have a comfortable life out of the spotlight and instead chose to fight the good fight.

By using a show to say things that are not meant to be taken seriously, by his own admission...okay then

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Trump released the 60 Minutes interview on Facebook.

I'm halfway through. So far it's just Don responding to most of the things with "It's unfair", "You wouldn't ask Joe Biden that question" and shouting conspiracy theories at the host. It's fascinating.

Also, he needs to make up his mind about Covid. He can't be switching between "It's not that dangerous, Barron didn't even know he had it" and "I saved millions of lives".

Of course he can, he's not talking to you or me, he's only ever talking to the people who accept everything he says without question whether that contradicts other things he previously said or not. It's fascinating in many ways.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Of course he can, he's not talking to you or me, he's only ever talking to the people who accept everything he says without question whether that contradicts other things he previously said or not. It's fascinating in many ways.

It really is. I'm looking forward to the day that John Kelly actually speaks openly about his experiences in the Chief of Staff role. I'd say it'll be interesting!

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    It really is. I'm looking forward to the day that John Kelly actually speaks openly about his experiences in the Chief of Staff role. I'd say it'll be interesting!

The books that will come out when Trump is booted should keep me in reading material for a year or three.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Christy42 wrote: »
    The "insult" they tried to throw at Biden after his town hall was that he was too soft calling him Mr. Rogers. Mr. Rogers would generally be considered the opposite of aggressive and unhinged.

Urban legend abut Mr Rogers is that his car was stolen. It was returned with a written apology.

Truth is that when Congress were set on cutting the budget for PBS, Mr Rogers got it doubled instead. In six minutes.

Soft power.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭OS_Head

The first and second bolded parts, yeah.... I honestly don't believe you.

You should save some of that disbelief for MSM and blue checkmark twitter accounts. I've just stated my opinion. So not that you don't agree with my opinion, but you think I'm lying.
    dogbert27 wrote: »
    With 48 posts in total and coming on this thread with an opening post like that it's obvious what the intent is! :rolleyes:

You question my motivation. I spent 10 minutes reading back to about 10 pages or so and found it was more of just same same that occurs everywhere else. I was hoping for some to have a little insight and thought. I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,474 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Its already up, Trump (as usual) comes across as a whinging little five year old but seems to think he handled things amazingly well.

Had a little chuckle while watching it when I remembered a poster here earlier called him a "streetfighter" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Joe Biden giving some remarks to the Press in the last hour, ''I hope he's been tested'' :D

OS_Head wrote: »
    You should save some of that disbelief for MSM and blue checkmark twitter accounts. I've just stated my opinion. So not that you don't agree with my opinion, but you think I'm lying.

What "MSM" are you talking about? Which blue checkmark twitter accounts?

Just giving my opinion.

You question my motivation. I spent 10 minutes reading back to about 10 pages or so and found it was more of just same same that occurs everywhere else. I was hoping for some to have a little insight and thought. I was wrong.

So what would you like to discuss? Why not give us your thoughts/insight? You have by your own admission read 10 pages, this is the 7th thread with the previous threads having 10,000 posts in them so that's a pretty small sample to take and make such a claim.

What "MSM" are you talking about? Which blue checkmark twitter accounts?

Is there any point? My initial post has been deleted by the moderators. I wonder how many other posts they have deleted because it didn't suit them.

No wonder it's all one way traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Very brave Mr. President !!! Staring that woman down with her wicked questions... I think he might just have won the election... I think we just witnessed history... it was basically his Churchill moment !!!

Is there any point? My initial post has been deleted by the moderators. I wonder how many other posts they have deleted because it didn't suit them.

No wonder it's all one way traffic.

So no issues you would like to discuss? You say its "one way" and the same as everywhere else. So change that, ask questions, give your opinion, make claims and show evidence for them.and I guard that you will get a great discussion especially in this thread.

Otherwise you just come across as someone complained about...well I'm not really sure what you're complaining about :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

amandstu wrote: »
    It beneath interpretation. Had to bail out half way through.

What a f***ing child!!!

Otherwise you just come across as someone complained about...well I'm not really sure what you're complaining about :confused:

Yep, and you've no way of going back and reading what my initial post was because it got deleted by the moderators. So you can honestly now stay confused.

Yep, and you've no way of going back and reading what my initial post was because it got deleted by the moderators. So you can honestly now stay confused.

I remember your post, I replied to your post. My point is that you complain there is no discussion and its an echo chamber but are choosing not to offer anything to discuss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I just watched Trump's upload of the interview with Leslie Stahl.

AH, FFS!

The man is SERIOUSLY unwell😥

It's actually frightening to see a POTUS who is so totally delusional, and living in an alternate reality! He ACTUALLY believes all this stuff!!

Jeebus wept!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Robert McGrath

Urban legend abut Mr Rogers is that his car was stolen. It was returned with a written apology.

Truth is that when Congress were set on cutting the budget for PBS, Mr Rogers got it doubled instead. In six minutes.

Soft power.

Oh, that’s lovely.

The Biden campaign should actually use the above almost word for word!

I remember your post, I replied to your post. My point is that you complain there is no discussion and its an echo chamber but are choosing not to offer anything to discuss.

And if you continue to remember the rest of my point (that the moderators have deleted) is that this thread is, in my opinion, just so others can spew out MSM's TDS talking points. I was hoping for a little more insight from what I presumed were Irish posters. Being a little detached from what was going on across the pond and unaffected by the TDS that seems to prevail everywhere. Seem's I was wrong. The TDS is strong here. Pointing this out, colourful language or not, gets the post deleted. So yeah, TDS infected echo chamber, I stand by my first statement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭dogbert27

And if you continue to remember the rest of my point (that the moderators have deleted) is that this thread is, in my opinion, just so others can spew out MSM's TDS talking points. I was hoping for a little more insight from what I presumed were Irish posters. Being a little detached from what was going on across the pond and unaffected by the TDS that seems to prevail everywhere. Seem's I was wrong. The TDS is strong here. Pointing this out, colourful language or not, gets the post deleted. So yeah, TDS infected echo chamber, I stand by my first statement.

And yet you're still here :confused:

See, when you drop in, say you have read a few pages of one thread (the whole history is over 60,000 posts at this stage) and then consistently use the idiotic term TDS then I'm sorry to tell you this but no one is going to take you seriously and yes, your posts will be removed.

Politics Forum expects a higher standard of posts other then silly accusation that posters have TDS.

May I suggest AH or maybe CA/IMO where that sort of childishness is tolerated a Little more.

What did you hope to achieve by coming into the eighth iteration of the thread - all 70,000+ posts of it, and saying its an echo chamber? Do you want us to say 'no its not' so that you can imitate Trump and say 'yes it is, I win' ?

What you offered was not argument or discussion, it was dismissal. What did you want us to do with it?

I would really like if someone would put up some sound, coherent arguments discussing what he has done of benefit to the country. Not just repeats of what he has said, but your own arguments.

You can't tell us how he has produced the fastest growing economy, because he hasn't. He says he has, but him saying it does not make it so. Same with the greatest jobs creation, same with dealing with Covid, and so on. Is there anything? Even his most ardent fan could not describe him as a diplomat, and his ability to negotiate and make deals has been shown to be grossly overstated.

He has not even made a success of standing for a second term, all he has done is the same rallies - but with the added piquance of a chance of catching the virus - but no effort to persuade the older community, the Black community 'I have done more for Black Americans etc' - no he hasn't, or indeed anyone outside his 'base'.

So what balanced and thoughtful discussion would you like? Give us a topic and tell us your thoughts.

dogbert27 wrote: »
    And yet you're still here :confused:
    Politics Forum expects a higher standard of posts other then silly accusation that posters have TDS.

Ok, then, to prove me wrong. Prove to me that you're not simply into character assassination and are interested in policies and actions. To anyone else who cares to reply. Name one thing from the Trump presidency that you approve of. Name a couple, anything, whatever comes to your mind first. You're bound to think of something pretty quickly if you're not suffering TDS.

Oh btw, in case you're not aware. TDS is a real thing. shorturl.at/cghoK

Ok, then, to prove me wrong. Prove to me that you're not simply into character assassination and are interested in policies and actions. To anyone else who cares to reply. Name one thing from the Trump presidency that you approve of. Name a couple, anything, whatever comes to your mind first. You're bound to think of something pretty quickly if you're not suffering TDS.

The fact that it is nearly over?

You are the one with the complaint, you make some suggestions. I honestly cannot think of a single thing.

The term exists, that's about it. It doesn't make it remotely meaningful.

• Advertisement

Nothing comes to mind, absolutely nothing..... and that's the shocking thing about the last four years. And that's not the fabled TDS it's not hatred for Trump (I don't hate anyone) its a simple fact that his whole presidency has been an absolute disaster for him and for the American people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement