Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I'm not mad on the ID3 but the ID4 is quite a nice looking car if it's the kind of thing you're after, the interior looks a bit more acceptable too. Definitely better looking than the model Y, I might be tempted in a few years.

77 Kwh but probably not a lot more range than the id.3 or model 3 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,840 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

77 Kwh but probably not a lot more range than the id.3 or model 3 ?

Well the WLTP range is claimed to be 520km, against the ID.3 77kWh with 550km WLTP and the Model 3 SR+ with 409km WLTP

Yes, I know the WLTP isn't representative of real life, but it should scale with the real life range

So if the ID.4 has 20% more WLTP range than the model 3, then it'll probably have more range in real life as well

Now I'll grant you that at motorway speeds it'll probably be worse given the ID.4 is less aerodynamic

So maybe somewhere between 10-15% more real life range depending on usage would be my guess

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Well the WLTP range is claimed to be 520km, against the ID.3 77kWh with 550km WLTP and the Model 3 SR+ with 409km WLTP

Yes, I know the WLTP isn't representative of real life, but it should scale with the real life range

So if the ID.4 has 20% more WLTP range than the model 3, then it'll probably have more range in real life as well

Now I'll grant you that at motorway speeds it'll probably be worse given the ID.4 is less aerodynamic

So maybe somewhere between 10-15% more real life range depending on usage would be my guess

+ the m3 charges faster, especially on a V3 Super charger that we have 0 yet but still can pull a fair bit of power even if only for a while.

Still amazing VW can get a 77 Kwh ev out at that price. But they could have done better with the charging, the E-Tron has a great charging curve.

Looks like the product guide is available

https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/2020/2020-09-15/200929_RB_ID.4%201st%20Ed.%20MY21.pdf

No base colour, you have to go for the metallic at a cost of €713
    Dunno why they can't just include it in the price

I spoke to salesman today and no word yet on finance rates. He's saying first deliveries will be in January

Couple of things I noticed in the product guide:
    • High spec interior on both trims
    • 32A Type 2 charging cable included
    • Discounted rate on Ionity using We Charge

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Looks like the product guide is available

https://www.volkswagen.ie/idhub/content/dam/onehub_pkw/importers/ie/models/product-guides/2020/2020-09-15/200929_RB_ID.4%201st%20Ed.%20MY21.pdf

No base colour, you have to go for the metallic at a cost of €713
    Dunno why they can't just include it in the price

I spoke to salesman today and no word yet on finance rates. He's saying first deliveries will be in January

Couple of things I noticed in the product guide:
    • High spec interior on both trims
    • 32A Type 2 charging cable included
    • Discounted rate on Ionity using We Charge

Thanks!

I don't see the reason to spend 12k more on the Max though. It's already a pricey car. R-line Tiguan is 13k cheaper than the Max, and arguably better looking. 0% APR too. These will likely give the upper APR rate that the ID3 got.
    - Nicer seats
    - Bigger screen
    - Bigger wheels
    - Panoramic roof (quite nice I guess)
    - Fancy headlights
    - HUD
    - Wireless phone charging
    - Keyless entry
    - Easy close boot
    - a 3rd climate zone, likely the back

Thanks!

I don't see the reason to spend 12k more on the Max though. It's already a pricey car. R-line Tiguan is 13k cheaper than the Max, and arguably better looking. 0% APR too. These will likely give the upper APR rate that the ID3 got.
    - Nicer seats
    - Bigger screen
    - Bigger wheels
    - Panoramic roof (quite nice I guess)
    - Fancy headlights
    - HUD
    - Wireless phone charging
    - Keyless entry
    - Easy close boot
    - a 3rd climate zone, likely the back

The main selling points of the Max to me would be

Matrix headlights (dead handy for night driving on unlit roads)
    Panoramic roof
    Climate control in back for the kids
    Travel assist

So it's basically a question of whether that's worth the extra expense

I'm hoping the Max has a lower APR, like the 1st Max does, to make it more attractive price wise

Just got word from VW, apr for both 1st edition trims has been set at 2.9%.

Not as good as the ID.3 at 1.9% but much better than the 4.9% the ID.3 originally came out with

So putting that into the rip-off PCP calculator gives

*ID.4 1st*
    Purchase price €44708
    Deposit 30% €13412
    GMFV 35% €15647

Monthly payment €492

*ID.4 1st Max*
    Purchase price €56108
    Deposit 30% €16832
    GMFV 35% €19637

Monthly payment €618

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Decoda

Just got word from VW, apr for both 1st edition trims has been set at 2.9%.

Not as good as the ID.3 at 1.9% but much better than the 4.9% the ID.3 originally came out with

How did you get on with your dealer? I'm looking at the ID4 1st with the metallic blue, I'd be looking at coming out of my PCP with 1 year remaining on my Tiguan HL....interested to see whether its viable for me to do it and what my monthly payments would increase by.

I called my dealer this afternoon about going in tomorrow to discuss the ID4 and didn't get a great response, no info available yet, too early to say when delivery could be...got an almost disinterested response from the sales guy.

• Advertisement

Decoda wrote: »
    How did you get on with your dealer? I'm looking at the ID4 1st with the metallic blue, I'd be looking at coming out of my PCP with 1 year remaining on my Tiguan HL....interested to see whether its viable for me to do it and what my monthly payments would increase by.

I called my dealer this afternoon about going in tomorrow to discuss the ID4 and didn't get a great response, no info available yet, too early to say when delivery could be...got an almost disinterested response from the sales guy.

My guy seems pretty enthusiastic, he's an egolf owner himself and handles most of that dealerships EV sales. I've also been speaking to him a lot about the ID.3 so he knows I'm interested in the ID series

I think the brochure literally got published today, and he got the finance rates at around 5pm and rang me straight away.

The car apparently isn't in their systems yet so they can't do a proper quote, but I'm going to check with him tomorrow and see what the story is.

I definitely think the blue is the best colour. I'm fed up up black and grey cars, white cars look like washing machines on wheels, and I'm not brave enough for the yellow.

The yellow is pretty cool, but immediately all I can think is it'd be hard to sell on years later

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

There’s a frustrating air of confusion in the industry at the minute as if the Greens get their way they could decimate the new car market next year. So it’s hard to show anyone enthusiasm until the budget comes out.

I’m not for a second condoning his disinterest just possible reason why

The yellow is pretty cool, but immediately all I can think is it'd be hard to sell on years later

It's probably the nicest looking yellow car I've seen, to be fair.

But still, yellow...

When will the id.4 be available for test drive ?

After Bjorn and Bob get a spin in one. Very interested to hear their reviews on it. And on the Enyaq (once we can see how it can be configured or if there's a "1st" set spec like VW do).

Feels to me like the ID3 took forever from being announced to being available, then the ID4 just popped up a few months back (June post on the first page) and it's nearly in showrooms now.

You have to go to the Max again to get the travel assist.

That's what, going to be 54k ?

55,300 is the ROTR price, but you need to add €713 for paint... any paint. The non optional option.

€56,108 OTR price including the paint

I asked yesterday and the dealer had no info, but he was hoping they'll have one before the deliveries start

Could be next January though

• Advertisement

After Bjorn and Bob get a spin in one. Very interested to hear their reviews on it. And on the Enyaq (once we can see how it can be configured or if there's a "1st" set spec like VW do).

Feels to me like the ID3 took forever from being announced to being available, then the ID4 just popped up a few months back (June post on the first page) and it's nearly in showrooms now.

It's definitely moving fast, I was asking yesterday was the process the same as the ID.3, and the salesman said that no it was more like a typical car order, I could order th exact car I wanted yesterday

I guess the ID.4 has been very much in development in the background, but it definitely shows the advantage of the MEB platform where they're essentially able to recycle most of the components from the ID.3

If you look at the list of up and coming vehicles over the next couple of years, it's easy to imagine that there'll be an MEB based car in every segment:

2020:
    ID.3
    ID.4

2021:
    ID.4 AWD
    ID.5 (ID.4 sportback)
    Q3 E-tron
    Cupra El-born
    Seat Enyaq

2022:
    ID. Buzz
    ID. Space vizzion
    Probably an ID. Commercial van
    Maybe an MEB XL platform supporting longer wheelbase

2023:
    MEB Entry vehicles
    ID.1
    ID.2

And who knows what the other VW brands are working on in the background?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭TheBigEvil

Liking the look of the ID.4 over the ID.3, especially around quality of internal build, and overall spec.

Will have to drop into my VW dealer in Drogheda, to get a look at one in person. Will be first electric, if I go for it, so loads to learn about them !

TheBigEvil wrote: »
    Liking the look of the ID.4 over the ID.3, especially around quality of internal build, and overall spec.

Will have to drop into my VW dealer in Drogheda, to get a look at one in person. Will be first electric, if I go for it, so loads to learn about them !

Well you'll probably want to wait since they've got none at the moment :D

You're definitely in the right place to find out about EVs though, lots of people here debating the best charging current for batteries

If you are speaking the dealer,I'd suggest following this script:

You: "Do you drive and EV?"
    Dealer: "No"
    You: "Can I speak to someone who does?"

So after a visit to my dealer today I'm no better informed than I was yesterday. They have no official pricing and say that they won't have a definitive price until after the budget. He knew nothing about APR rates and didn't even know about the brochure that I had in my hand......with the prices in it....not an auspicious start. He took a look at it and I genuinely believe it was the first time he'd seen it....

He finished up by saying "I hope I will be able to take orders this year but up until this week i thought orders wouldn't be possible until the New year so who knows".....and shrugged his shoulders as he stood up.....I did book a test drive for the ID3 for tomorrow though.....so at least that's something to look forward to....

So after a visit to my dealer today I'm no better informed than I was yesterday. They have no official pricing and say that they won't have a definitive price until after the budget. He knew nothing about APR rates and didn't even know about the brochure that I had in my hand......with the prices in it....not an auspicious start. He took a look at it and I genuinely believe it was the first time he'd seen it....

He finished up by saying "I hope I will be able to take orders this year but up until this week i thought orders wouldn't be possible until the New year so who knows".....and shrugged his shoulders as he stood up.....I did book a test drive for the ID3 for tomorrow though.....so at least that's something to look forward to....

Sounds like you got the tool in that particular dealership, the pricing is on the website, rates have been out since yesterday and I'm only waiting on them to add the car into the computer system before ordering.

Mind if I ask what dealership you went to? I'm with Joe Duffy in Airside, Swords

Sounds like you got the tool in that particular dealership, the pricing is on the website, rates have been out since yesterday and I'm only waiting on them to add the car into the computer system before ordering.

Mind if I ask what dealership you went to? I'm with Joe Duffy in Airside, Swords

A very large dealer in the southeast....to be fair it wasn't the usual guy I've dealt with for the past 20 years, he probably would have been a bit more receptive considering it would be my 7th VW with them. I'll contact him when he gets back next week and try again. Still going for my test drive in the ID3 though....

I've had the Tiguan for 2 years and need to keep the elevated driving position, I've had one of my hips done and the others not a million miles away from being replaced so need the height. I've sat into the ID3 and even though its higher then a golf, I'd prefer higher again and I'm presuming the ID4 will give me that.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

A very large dealer in the southeast....to be fair it wasn't the usual guy I've dealt with for the past 20 years, he probably would have been a bit more receptive considering it would be my 7th VW with them. I'll contact him when he gets back next week and try again. Still going for my test drive in the ID3 though....

I've had the Tiguan for 2 years and need to keep the elevated driving position, I've had one of my hips done and the others not a million miles away from being replaced so need the height. I've sat into the ID3 and even though its higher then a golf, I'd prefer higher again and I'm presuming the ID4 will give me that.

Unfortunately If that salesman knows you won’t be buying the car off him he’ll obviously have no interest. It’s just the name of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,618 ✭✭✭✭listermint

L-M wrote: »
    Unfortunately If that salesman knows you won’t be buying the car off him he’ll obviously have no interest. It’s just the name of the game.

Having all the wrong answers and no idea about the brochure of their latest and probably most anticipated model.

Ya. Proper genius.

listermint wrote: »
    Having all the wrong answers and no idea about the brochure of their latest and probably most anticipated model.

Ya. Proper genius.

He's a shoe in for employee of the month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭cannco253

https://electrek.co/2020/10/01/leaked-vw-id-4-dealer-document/

"A dealer cheat sheet for the upcoming VW ID.4 electric SUV has been leaked, and it shows that the company considers gas SUVs, rather than electric SUVs like the Mustang Mach-E, Tesla Model Y, and upcoming Nissan Ariya, as its direct competitors."

Advertisement