Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Presidential Election 2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭paul71

Obviously all of what you said is nonsensical but just on the emboldened, are people still trying to suggest there was truth to that nonsense lie that Trump called WWII dead "losers" ? Do you really believe he did that and if so, why?

Not that I'm suggesting you're alone in thinking that, as sadly, you're not - which was of course the objective of those who started that lie, to convince people Trump had said it so it would inform how they then voted.

Everything I said is absolute truth not nonsense. The only problem you can have with is that it is indefensible not the veracity.

Trump acolytes like you seek to deflect from from the truth of the bizarre and idiotic things your high priest of hate says by lies and deflection.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

briany wrote: »
    Let me make one thing perfectly clear to Trump fans - you may greatly enjoy how much Trump winds up the libs. OK, that viral clip of the woman falling to her knees and screaming 'nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!' as Trump is elected is an hilarious clip, but winding up liberals isn't really worth having a president who is wilfully divisive and intent on sowing hatred and misinformation among the population. If the POTUS cannot at least try to be a conciliatory figure for the different groups of people in the United States then the country is in danger, and if he's actively stoking those divisions, then the country is in more danger still, and if that carries on, the fight is less on Twitter and other social media, and it's increasingly in the streets and then one day it's at your very door.

And it's not even just a concern for those who live in the United States. Because the country gains much attention around the world, especially the English-speaking world, whatever goes in America can be exported, and we're seeing that already.

There's always going to be room for Conservative politics, but there's no room for screaming hysteria with no nuance, as that will rend a society apart, and that's what Trump represents at this point and that is why he must go.

He has been for four years. Multiple economic polices and legislation make that clear. The liberal left don't amplify that though and instead it is they, with identity politics and race baiting, have been dividing America. They used George Floyd's death to their own ends and dampened down every positive thing Trump said that was positive with regards to bringing America together. Going so far as to lie on one occasion that he had been so callous as to suggest that George would be proud of job growth:

fjobs1.png

It is THAT crap that is divisive and if these people truly cared about unity then they would not have done that and instead focused on the many positive things which the President had said that day ... but they didn't cause that is not what they want. They lie and misrepresent what Trump says and does for the same reason Jussie staged that bleach and noose MAGA lynching: they know / hope it will undermine the current administration and result in more people voted Blue this time around rather than Red.

Hopefully they won't get their wish.

looksee wrote: »
    Its the Hunter Biden stuff, which seems to be patently nonsense, but even if it is not, it is not Hunter who is standing for President.

That's one of the oddest views surrounding this and yet I keep seeing it from anti-Trump users. You'd swear this was focused ONLY on Hunter's drug issues or something and nothing that was being alleged could possibly have anything to do with his father but that is far from the case.

Almost every aspect of this latest story revolves around the fact that Hunter may have used his access to his father as a means to make millions and that Joe has lied to the American people about how much he knew about exactly what it was that Hunter was doing.

That is why big tech censoring articles on it is such a major concern given that this man is in the running to become POTUS.

paul71 wrote: »
    Trump acolytes like you seek to deflect from from the truth of the bizarre and idiotic things your high priest of hate says by lies and deflection.

You're the one deflecting, not me.

I have asked you why you believe President Trump called dead WWII troops "losers" and you haven't answered.

Even John Bolton said that it didn't happen and you can be sure if it did then he have had a whole chapter in his book dedicated to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭moon2

paul71 wrote: »
    Everything I said is absolute truth not nonsense. The only problem you can have with is that it is indefensible not the veracity.

The statement is refuted by a serial liar (Trump). If he said it, he'd deny it. If he didn't say it, he'd also deny it. All we can really do in this scenario is weigh up the balance of the evidence.

Firstly, 4 staffers confirmed this. The reporters who received the information believed them to be truthful.

Secondly, Trump has form for insulting the military. He insulted McCain on more than one occasion, at least one of which was recorded. He also tweeted it. He insulted

He called some generals "a bunch of dopes and babies", and also "losers".

There are more cases but I think that's sufficient for now.

Trump is a liar, has been frequently recorded/documented insulting the military. Why would we not believe that he did it this time it? He does it all the time. It's normal for him.

It would be more surprising if someone said he *didn't* insult he military.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,443 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

NBC proving how utterly useless they are again with the decision to allow the Dodger the air time and at the same time slot just compound's it. At least stick him on MSNBC and have him go up with Maddow or o Donnell or something. A joke of a decision.

Trump being asked questions by Lawrence O Donnell ? I’d pay to see that. O Donnell wouldn’t let him bull**** his way through the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

I'm truly wondering what is the league table of the things Trumpland is trying to deflect from the public discourse with this cack-handed Rudy and Roger schoolboy -standard Hunter laptop story..

There was a time when trolling and 'rat-****ing' used to be practised with a modicum of style and gravitas. But, it seems the mighty have truly dropped their standards! I suppose its possible they've fallen out of practice since ceding the territory to Fancy Bear, IRA and Guccifer 2.0 since 2015..Cozy Bear ( a waaaay more stylish and intelligent tool of Russian SRV activity) must be throwing their hands up in despair at these pathetic antics.

Perhaps Donald should do another "Russiar... If you're listening" begging appeal to get the lads in St Petersburg to create another few Hunter e-mails to feed to the base... That'll keep the 'Patriots' quiet and away from their guns and 'poll-watching' strong-arming for a few days with a bit of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Aw crap!

Not a huge surprise I suppose, but the Biden-Harris campaign is reporting some Covid positive cases, principally affecting Harris travel plans. Both principals remain Covid-negative, but there has been a breach (as yet un-quantified) in their total Covid-free status.

Unwelcome to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Hardly sure they wear there masks cant get covid that way.

moon2 wrote: »
    The statement is refuted by a serial liar (Trump). If he said it, he'd deny it. If he didn't say it, he'd also deny it. All we can really do in this scenario is weigh up the balance of the evidence.

Firstly, 4 staffers confirmed this. The reporters who received the information believed them to be truthful.

Secondly, Trump has form for insulting the military. He insulted McCain on more than one occasion, at least one of which was recorded. He also tweeted it. He insulted

He called some generals "a bunch of dopes and babies", and also "losers".

There are more cases but I think that's sufficient for now.

Trump is a liar, has been frequently recorded/documented insulting the military. Why would we not believe that he did it this time it? He does it all the time. It's normal for him.

It would be more surprising if someone said he *didn't* insult he military.

Absolutely correct, he did say it, it is in character, his own staff confirmed it. Case closed, a horrible statement from heel spur and totally predictable.

• Advertisement

You're the one deflecting, not me.

I have asked you why you believe President Trump called dead WWII troops "losers" and you haven't answered.

Even John Bolton said that it didn't happen and you can be sure if it did then he have had a whole chapter in his book dedicated to it.

Because he is a draft dodging coward who has no respect or understanding for the military he commands. Its the same man who called John McCann a loser, the same man who dodged the remembrance day for American D-day dead because it was raining, because it is the same man who insulted the families of soldiers killed in an ambush in Africa 2 years ago.

Because his own staff confirmed he did and it is completely in character for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This is just.... 100% insane.

It's almost like Trump has reached the strategical point in his campaign where he will throw any sh1t his has at a wall to see what sticks.

Here, he defends amplifying and endorsing more QANON nonsense with a "it's just a retweet" defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,013 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Meanwhile, after being in twitter jail for spouting BS, Ms. "I'll never lie to you" is pounding the table with the biggest persecution complex I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/status/1316880197799579648?s=19

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,989 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Nice endorsement of Biden/Harris by Giuliani.

Caroline Giuliani, Rudy's daughter

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2020/10/rudy-giulianis-daughter-on-voting-for-biden

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

everlast75 wrote: »
    Meanwhile, after being in twitter jail for spouting BS, Ms. "I'll never lie to you" is pounding the table with the biggest persecution complex I've ever seen.

https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany/status/1316880197799579648?s=19

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day, you're the asshole."

What would be nice is that these people are never allowed to disavow or live down what they do right now.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I know random Twitter links are frowned upon, but if anyone is a bit in the dark on Guiliani's latest nonsense, this is a good summation here (clikc to see the whole thread):

https://twitter.com/dantoujours/status/1316844679783223297?s=20

I love one reply quoting NY Mag: "The best thing you can say is that this account is not physically impossible, in that it does not violate any laws of nature or require any discontinuity in the space-time continuum."

I don't think Guiliani is actually this cracked. I suspect that he has been involved in some super-shady stuff with Trump over the years (especially during his tenure as NY Mayor), and is now desperate for anything that might keep him in the White House. Cos if Trump gets investigated, Guiliani is screwed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'll give her one thing: I too would see the "swamp" drained. Cos she's in it, up to her neck and that tweet demonstrates it quite ably. The anti intellectualism of 2016 wasn't entirely without value, it was clear enough much of America was left behind after the 2008 crash. But its chosen champion was himself part of that self same bubble McEnany now floats in. It's all performance, all a showy game of partisanship: so who can tell these folk to step outside their echo chamber of media organ grinding? The political class is an industry in of itself, a lobby group as powerful as any other. Washington IS a swamp, and to play the game of survival these are the values and utterances expected. McInany is just the one who won out but I'd guarantee there's a dozen teeth-straightened, wax faced Stepford interns waiting to perform on stage were she to step down (it does startle sometimes just how identical
    media women can look)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

So how did the two Town Halls go? I didn't bother with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,726 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

seamus wrote: »
    I know random Twitter links are frowned upon, but if anyone is a bit in the dark on Guiliani's latest nonsense, this is a good summation here (clikc to see the whole thread):

https://twitter.com/dantoujours/status/1316844679783223297?s=20

I love one reply quoting NY Mag: "The best thing you can say is that this account is not physically impossible, in that it does not violate any laws of nature or require any discontinuity in the space-time continuum."

I don't think Guiliani is actually this cracked. I suspect that he has been involved in some super-shady stuff with Trump over the years (especially during his tenure as NY Mayor), and is now desperate for anything that might keep him in the White House. Cos if Trump gets investigated, Guiliani is screwed.

Uhhhhh

https://twitter.com/spdustin/status/1316621229751762945?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Have only seen clips package on CNN. Biden did largely fine, no slip ups. Trump was grilled by moderator Savannah Guthrie who regularly fact checked him. So now according to him and right wing commentators, SG is a Democrat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Well biden stuck around to chat to the audience for at least 30 mins after and continue answering questions
    https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/10/15/town-hall-biden-sticks-around-after-take-more-questions-voters/3673340001/

And Trump.... well.....
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/15/savannah-guthrie-trump-town-hall-moderator

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭MoonUnit75

Overheal wrote: »

The fool hasn't even noticed the serial number is listed for an external hard drive, not the hard drive in the laptop itself. Hunter likely bought the external hard drive for the guy in the repair shop to transfer the recovered data to.

Edit: In fact the serial number actually corroborates the repair shop owner. The warranty starts when you buy the hard drive, not when it is manufactured. Otherwise people would never buy stock that has been on the shelf for a year or two. The guy doesn't know what he is talking about. Someone bought an external hard drive and gave it to the repair shop with the laptop so the data could be transferred, on the date on the docket.

MoonUnit75 wrote: »
    The fool hasn't even noticed the serial number is listed for an external hard drive, not the hard drive in the laptop itself. Hunter likely bought the external hard drive for the guy in the repair shop to transfer the recovered data to.

So Hunter re-visited the store, with an external hard drive that was so new that it was manufactured days after the initial service? Did he pluck it right off the factory floor at Western Digital?

So this shop owner has seen Hunter twice but can't figure out if its him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Edit: In fact the serial number actually corroborates the repair shop owner. The warranty starts when you buy the hard drive, not when it is manufactured. Otherwise people would never buy stock that has been on the shelf for a year or two. The guy doesn't know what he is talking about. Someone bought an external hard drive and gave it to the repair shop with the laptop so the data could be transferred, on the date on the docket.

If he dropped in the laptop on Apr 12th, how did he purchase a hard drive that hadn't been manufactured yet (18th), in the shop?

So Hunter re-visited the store, with an external hard drive that was so new that it was manufactured days after the initial service? Did he pluck it right off the factory floor at Western Digital?

Warranty doesn't start when it is manufactured. It starts when it is bought and a record of the purchase is registered with the manufacturer. That is likely to be a few days later.

Water John wrote: »
    If he dropped in the laptop on Apr 12th, how did he purchase a hard drive that hadn't been manufactured yet (18th), in the shop?

As above, warranty starts when it is registered after purchase, not when it is made. That would make no sense, you could buy two hard drives on the same shelf and one has a 5 month warranty and the other has 2 years.

Warranty doesn't start when it is manufactured. It starts when it is bought and a record of the purchase is registered with the manufacturer. That is likely to be a few days later.

Oh lovely, another piece of information that should be trivial to verify for Giuliani and the FBI

Is it standard practice for repair shops to register warranties for their customers? Who registered the warranty then?

Oh lovely, another piece of information that should be trivial to verify for Giuliani and the FBI

Is it standard practice for repair shops to register warranties for their customers? Who registered the warranty then?

Anyone with the receipt and serial number. If Hunter bought it on the way to the store he could have registered it after. If Hunter brought it in to the store without an external hard drive the owner would tell him the data has to be put on a new, working drive and might have sold him one there. Either Hunter or the store could have registered the hard drive. The Twitter 'exposé' is bulls1t.

As above, warranty starts when it is registered after purchase, not when it is made. That would make no sense, you could buy two hard drives on the same shelf and one has a 5 month warranty and the other has 2 years.

Depends. Unless the product or purchase is registered the warranty won't go by the date of purchase.
    If you do not have a valid proof of purchase, the limited warranty period will be measured from the date of sale from Western Digital to the authorized distributor.

https://www.westerndigital.com/support/warranty-statement

So what date did Hunter allegedly return to the store?

• Advertisement

Depends. Unless the product or purchase is registered the warranty won't go by the date of purchase.

https://www.westerndigital.com/support/warranty-statement

So what date did Hunter allegedly return to the store?

I'm not sure you understand how this warranty works. Hunter didn't need to go back to the store, all he needed was the receipt and serial number to register the warranty from the comfort of his own home. The same applies if he bought it as part of the repair and the shop registered it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement