Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reasons To Be Cheerful

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

I seem to be keeping this thread going on my own :D

Am off tomorrow, actually have the next 4 Fridays off so lots of short weeks ahead!

Have a great Friday and weekend guys. Will be Monday before I know and will have even more to catch up on in here, can't wait :)

TRS30 wrote: »
    I seem to be keeping this thread going on my own :D

Am off tomorrow, actually have the next 4 Fridays off so lots of short weeks ahead!

Have a great Friday and weekend guys. Will be Monday before I know and will have even more to catch up on in here, can't wait :)

Lol! Enjoy the long weekend :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I seem to be keeping this thread going on my own
    You have enough Christmas cheer for everyone. :D

Enjoy your long weekend- I must be one of the few who doesn't spend the work day online/on Boards, I should ask for a raise!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »

Enjoy your long weekend- I must be one of the few who doesn't spend the work day online/on Boards, I should ask for a raise!

I normally don’t as I am up the walls but I’m struggling a bit with the whole COVID resurgence. So this place is my safety blanket :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,129 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    I normally don’t as I am up the walls but I’m struggling a bit with the whole COVID resurgence. So this place is my safety blanket :D

Feel your pain. Between work worries and the ongoing uncertainty around covid the world can be a wearying place, devoid of cheer, so thank the elves for this forum.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Loughc wrote: »

I hear you. It’s becoming difficult to stay positive so logging in here is like a break from all the madness that’s surrounding us at the moment.

It is my go-to place on my lunch break! :)

I'm technically still unemployed so I'm allowed online :D my new contract doesn't have a start date yet so I'll soon have a new reason to be cheerful, wages!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I hear you. It’s becoming difficult to stay positive so logging in here is like a break from all the madness that’s surrounding us at the moment.

Feeling for you all. it is different for me as I live alone in an isolated dwelling on a small offshore island. ( apart from 6 rescue cats,,) They quarantined the islands as soon as covid hit and we are covid free.

No one wears masks and I am cocooned anyways; I have been a long while as my immune system is down. So little has changed for me. All but housebound a long while and am content and settled. Knitting to sell for others in need

The only time I have been off island for nearly 2 years was a " medical emergency" that had me taken by air ambulance to hospital and an abrupt experience of the covid world. Rarely see anyone fact to face.

I am deeply happy in so many ways that matter. At my advanced age I have all I need and more.

But all very different ..

With "family " around the world we have had losses

I'm technically still unemployed so I'm allowed online :D my new contract doesn't have a start date yet so I'll soon have a new reason to be cheerful, wages!
    That is great news, Eskie! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,740 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That is fantastic news Eskie! Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Congrats Eskie

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Thrilled for you. An early Christmas Present !!

Ahh, you say the nicest things :D

Great news Eskie, don't forget to put in for the time off over Christmas :P

Thanks everyone! I'm so nervous waiting, it's been a very slow process, and it's gotten even slower since level 3. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too much longer!

If I even get only a day or two off at Christmas, I'll be delighted :D

Thanks everyone! I'm so nervous waiting, it's been a very slow process, and it's gotten even slower since level 3. Fingers crossed it doesn't take too much longer!

If I even get only a day or two off at Christmas, I'll be delighted :D

They must have seen this because soon after I got bombarded with paper work :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I noticed early today that my Christmas cactus is in bud... I think it is trying to tell me something!

They must have seen this because soon after I got bombarded with paper work :pac:

Just makes the time go even faster!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,603 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Graces7 wrote: »
    I noticed early today that my Christmas cactus is in bud... I think it is trying to tell me something!

Mine too, a long pink bud has appeared!

And its lashing rain in Dublin, so I'm starting to wash all my baking tins and biscuit boxes and pull out my recipe folders: Christmas on the horizon!

Just logging off work to start another long weekend :)

Have a great weekend guys and by Monday we'll be in the 60's :D

• Advertisement

Its that time again already, enjoy your long weekend :)

Grand, less pressure to get the weekly countdown post in tomorrow morning... ;)

enjoy the w/e!

Happy Friday eve everybody! :)

Lights up on Wicklow Street- it's a work in progress, and not exactly a winter wonderland, but signs that Christmas is on the horizon. :)

bVdofxT.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Mutleyboo

Lights up on Wicklow Street- it's a work in progress, and not exactly a winter wonderland, but signs that Christmas is on the horizon. :)

bVdofxT.jpg?1

Love the Christmas lights in town.. just to wander down gazing up when its evening is magical.. this will probably be the first year ever I wont be in town before Christmas..

Mutleyboo wrote: »
    Love the Christmas lights in town.. just to wander down gazing up when its evening is magical.. this will probably be the first year ever I wont be in town before Christmas..

Same, work close to Grafton street and would usually walk that way around Christmas to see the lights. Guess it's just one of many things that will be different this year!

Same, work close to Grafton street and would usually walk that way around Christmas to see the lights. Guess it's just one of many things that will be different this year!

I'll be making a point of popping up some evening after work when it starts getting dark earlier (i.e. from next week) & the lights are turned on. I only work a 5 minute walk from Grafton Street so want to at least experience that walk once this year of all years.

Have also decided my wait for Christmas tunes until Christmas FM kicks off will be changed for this year, given the year its been & I will instead start from Nov.1st, not daily or anything like that but if I get an urge to listen instead of stopping myself will go with it. No way am i punishing myself this year that's for sure. Have also decided, despite the weight struggle this year I'll not be getting hung up on some treats in the build up either, life's too short for that kind of thing!!

DvB wrote: »

Have also decided my wait for Christmas tunes until Christmas FM kicks off will be changed for this year, given the year its been & I will instead start from Nov.1st, not daily or anything like that but if I get an urge to listen instead of stopping myself will go with it. No way am i punishing myself this year that's for sure. Have also decided, despite the weight struggle this year I'll not be getting hung up on some treats in the build up either, life's too short for that kind of thing!!

Wise words great advice not to punish ourselves
    Sometimes we are very hard on ourselves

Have been thinking similar DvB. Going to start something sooner then would normally. Have already pushed the boat out a bit on presents for the kids as will not be spending on other things we normally would have been.

Will definitely be treating myself food and drink wise this year.

Life really is too short and you never know what is around the corner.

• Advertisement

Last day today before being off for a week ( 9 days with no work, bliss) and despite the restrictions & lousy weather predicted am going to try & make the most of it by getting plenty of exercise & also having some nice beers & treats too.... planning on getting a few walks in too with the family, weather permitting of course and may even start to watch a christmas movie ( a week or 2 early for us!!!)

Just get a manic day today out of the way and we're good to go, so roll on 4pm!!

Advertisement