Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic World 3

• 25-09-2019 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,751 ✭✭✭✭

pixelburp wrote: »
    Bumping the thread, as quite bizarrely, next week FX are airing an 8 minute short film that'll bridge the gap between Fallen Kingdom & Jurassic World 3; Colin Trevorrow will be directing it, which was the one bum note in the news as it reminded me that that hack was returning after JA Bayona's good work

It'll be titled "Battle at Big Rock" and was actually filmed in Ireland; no idea if it'll air this side of the pond, but fair to say it'll pop up at all the 'usual' online outlets

http://collider.com/jurassic-world-short-film-colin-trevorrow-interview/

Laura Dern Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum will reprise their roles from the original

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭El Duda

I'll only got and see this if Laura Dern's hair is purple.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It won't happen, but I'd love it if Alan Grant met Chris Pratt's character, and decked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Always felt like Chris Pratts character should have been a grown up Timmy. Traumatised and fascinated by dinosaurs in equal measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Fallen Kingdom sucked balls. Glad to see Colin back

• Registered Users Posts: 19,025 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Fallen Kingdom sucked balls. Glad to see Colin back

One of the worst ones I've seen in a while I think. So outrageous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Delighted that the old cast is back for the next film. I really hope it will be a decent film. Fallen Kingdom was shockingly bad, bordering on outrageous. Also the scene from Jurassic World with the motor bikes and raptors was bad, very bad.

Fingers crossed.

On another note, the release of the short film "Battle at Big Rock" might give a taster as to what we can expect in the 3rd instalment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

El Duda wrote: »
    I'll only got and see this if Laura Dern's hair is purple.
    Urk - I'm not a Last Jedi hater but her character was awful!

But delighted the old gang are getting back together for JW3. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,667 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Her character was fine but the hair was a terrible idea.

Anyway i'll be surprised if this is anymore than an extended cameo for both of them despite them obviously trying to suggest otherwise.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,556 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It better be more than Goldblum gave us in JW2.

That was sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Great to hear the classic trio are been brought back I hope its far better than how Star Force Awakens handle its classic trio return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,802 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Title has been confirmed
    Jurassic world: Dominion
    Works for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 84,751 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,632 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    So excited for this!
    God knows when it will come out though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

#BringBackSpino

It's possible! Or is it.. .. .. wait, which island exploded again in Fallen Kingdom?? Sorna or Nublar? And which was Jurassic Park and which was Site B??

An "extended preview" is coming in a few weeks (before Fast 9), in the US at least.

555483.jpg

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    An "extended preview" is coming in a few weeks (before Fast 9), in the US at least.

And here's (sigh) a teaser for the extended preview for the film that's not out for another year!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A teaser for an extended preview with a limited release.
    Do they really think this would lead people to choose to see F9(which seems to be the name) in IMAX?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,459 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

CastorTroy wrote: »
    A teaser for an extended preview with a limited release.
    Do they really think this would lead people to choose to see F9(which seems to be the name) in IMAX?

You think F9 needs any help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,778 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I mean it wouldn't exactly affect my decision to choose which format to see F9. If I was planning on going to see it in a standard cinema, I wouldn't change my mind based on this to go see the IMAX version.
    If anything I would find it annoying to be shown 5, 10 or maybe more minutes of a film I plan on watching when it finally releases a year from now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

5 min prologue.

Nothing really plot related going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Interesting way to do a trailer...

Last few seconds looks and sounds like "Tim Burtons's presents Batman: Jurassic World"

Are we finally getting the Lady in the Water sequel we all long for?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Ah yes Hollywood and Social Justice takes a break....until the Oscars.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Is that a famous skier or just a random actor? This franchise is blown out creatively, so *shrug* it'll make a billion dollars, Colin Trevorrow will continue to have a career, and nothing will matter anymore.

The effects are atrociously bad. The T-Rex looks less substantial than the original and looks like something Corridor Crew could come up with

• Advertisement

It's a trailer for the Winter Olympics rather than a trailer for JW. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Advertisement