Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jurassic World 3

• 25-09-2019 4:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,500 ✭✭✭✭

pixelburp wrote: »
    Bumping the thread, as quite bizarrely, next week FX are airing an 8 minute short film that'll bridge the gap between Fallen Kingdom & Jurassic World 3; Colin Trevorrow will be directing it, which was the one bum note in the news as it reminded me that that hack was returning after JA Bayona's good work

It'll be titled "Battle at Big Rock" and was actually filmed in Ireland; no idea if it'll air this side of the pond, but fair to say it'll pop up at all the 'usual' online outlets

http://collider.com/jurassic-world-short-film-colin-trevorrow-interview/

Laura Dern Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum will reprise their roles from the original

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭El Duda

I'll only got and see this if Laura Dern's hair is purple.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It won't happen, but I'd love it if Alan Grant met Chris Pratt's character, and decked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Always felt like Chris Pratts character should have been a grown up Timmy. Traumatised and fascinated by dinosaurs in equal measure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Fallen Kingdom sucked balls. Glad to see Colin back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,338 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Fallen Kingdom sucked balls. Glad to see Colin back

One of the worst ones I've seen in a while I think. So outrageous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Delighted that the old cast is back for the next film. I really hope it will be a decent film. Fallen Kingdom was shockingly bad, bordering on outrageous. Also the scene from Jurassic World with the motor bikes and raptors was bad, very bad.

Fingers crossed.

On another note, the release of the short film "Battle at Big Rock" might give a taster as to what we can expect in the 3rd instalment.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

El Duda wrote: »
    I'll only got and see this if Laura Dern's hair is purple.
    Urk - I'm not a Last Jedi hater but her character was awful!

But delighted the old gang are getting back together for JW3. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Her character was fine but the hair was a terrible idea.

Anyway i'll be surprised if this is anymore than an extended cameo for both of them despite them obviously trying to suggest otherwise.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

It better be more than Goldblum gave us in JW2.

That was sneaky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Great to hear the classic trio are been brought back I hope its far better than how Star Force Awakens handle its classic trio return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,306 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Title has been confirmed
    Jurassic world: Dominion
    Works for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,500 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    So excited for this!
    God knows when it will come out though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

#BringBackSpino

It's possible! Or is it.. .. .. wait, which island exploded again in Fallen Kingdom?? Sorna or Nublar? And which was Jurassic Park and which was Site B??

An "extended preview" is coming in a few weeks (before Fast 9), in the US at least.

555483.jpg

Mr Crispy wrote: »
    An "extended preview" is coming in a few weeks (before Fast 9), in the US at least.

And here's (sigh) a teaser for the extended preview for the film that's not out for another year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

A teaser for an extended preview with a limited release.
    Do they really think this would lead people to choose to see F9(which seems to be the name) in IMAX?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

CastorTroy wrote: »
    A teaser for an extended preview with a limited release.
    Do they really think this would lead people to choose to see F9(which seems to be the name) in IMAX?

You think F9 needs any help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I mean it wouldn't exactly affect my decision to choose which format to see F9. If I was planning on going to see it in a standard cinema, I wouldn't change my mind based on this to go see the IMAX version.
    If anything I would find it annoying to be shown 5, 10 or maybe more minutes of a film I plan on watching when it finally releases a year from now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

5 min prologue.

Nothing really plot related going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Interesting way to do a trailer...

Last few seconds looks and sounds like "Tim Burtons's presents Batman: Jurassic World"

Are we finally getting the Lady in the Water sequel we all long for?!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Ah yes Hollywood and Social Justice takes a break....until the Oscars.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Is that a famous skier or just a random actor? This franchise is blown out creatively, so *shrug* it'll make a billion dollars, Colin Trevorrow will continue to have a career, and nothing will matter anymore.

The effects are atrociously bad. The T-Rex looks less substantial than the original and looks like something Corridor Crew could come up with

• Advertisement

It's a trailer for the Winter Olympics rather than a trailer for JW. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Felt cheap that...odd.

I was hopeful for this new one given the returning cast but we will have to see!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I'm curious how a handful of dinosaurs escaping at the end of the last one has led to such chaos. I'm also curious how they seem to have crossed oceans.

I won't deny, the idea of dinosaurs going crazy in our world sounds great, but I just don't have faith this will be the movie that's in my head. And based on the trailer ... ... ehhhh, I don't think they have. The problem starting, and ending, with the leads of Pratt & Howard. They're terrible, and Lost Kingdom didn't manage to sand off the edges either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

It seems weird to say about a movie with dinosaurs but I'm not sure I could suspend my disbelief that much 😂 they'd be rounded up and/or killed soooo quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,723 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

World and Lost Kingdom were both varying degrees of shite, so expectations of this are very low as a result. Especially with Trevorrow back at the helm.

Seeing Dern, Neill and Goldblum show up again makes me just want to watch Jurassic Park again. The 'legacy sequel' is so overdone at this stage that the novelty of seeing any favourite character show up again feels extremely diminished.

It's a silly premise. Humans have become the greatest hunters this world has ever seen even though we're slow, weak, and medium sized mammals. A species which had to come through big cats and hyaenas picking us off at will.

A species which has developed techniques and technology to wipe out any predator we felt like.

There is no way it would be possible for a few escaped dinos to become so dominant.

This one is just a leap too far

I think they've bitten off too much, scaled up too big. I'd believe the premise more if it was one specific part of the globe the dinosaurs took over; America I suppose given that's where they escaped into in Fallen Kingdom. You could have herds roaming the wilderness there, the danger of encroachment similar to mountain lions or bears as it stands in reality. Instead it reads like they're everywhere, which is indeed a bit too much to swallow. Including Italy if a set piece in the trailer is to be believed.

Brilliant to see Alan Grant back....trailer looks errrr expensive? :)

I will be there opening weekend still

Weren't some of the dinos successfully auctioned off before they started running amok in the last movie? Could explain why they're on a world tour. Not saying it's a good reason, but it's a reason!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,673 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

I just saw the trailer, looks like it could be a blast

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

From the trailer, that John hammond line about the flea circus "I wanted to show them something that wasn't an illusion, something that was real, something that they could see...and touch" while showing clips of CGI goop. I assume they haven't developed any self awareness since the last film. I also see the Mosasaur is doing it's one and only party-trick again.

I really hope that Grant, Malcolm and Satler get something substabtial to do and aren't there for glorified camaeos or to be killed off. They based so much of the advertising of Fallen Kingdom off of Goldblum bieng in it and it amounted to fifty seconds screentime and about six lines.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

100% It's been what... 30 years since the original. They should be using real cloned dinosaurs by now, not CGI.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

Be as snarky as you want but the original film had a great combination of cgi, animatronic, puppets and guys in suits and it still looks fantastic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,673 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

Star Wars could have learned alot from that, get the team back together in the first film

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Shank Williams

I dunno I enjoyed lost kingdom- pure brain switch off nonsense- they are never making the Dark Jurrasic park movie that could have been done from the source material so just adjust expectations accordingly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Your forgetting that Wu left on a helicopter at the end of the last film with a bunch of Dinosaurs embryos. Which might explain why there is so many dinosaurs loose.

So this will be the longest film in the franchise at 2 hrs 26 mins. I really wish this trend of excruciatingly long blockbusters would end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Unless it has talking velociraptors, I’m out.

And you know that runtime isn't to fit in more dinosaurs but all that endless, tedious plot you just know will fill the gaps; lots of Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard anti-chemistry that clogged up the other films.

• Advertisement
Advertisement