Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jurassic World 3

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Whatever about the film itself, that Trex from the original is one battle hardened warhorse. Bit cheesy in Jurassic World where they went down the superhero route, but seeing the Trex following the red flare to face down the Irex was a thing of beauty. When he started ramming the Irex it was Rocky stuff in terms of "go on the fcuk, do him". Trex up to his old tricks here again. Worth the admission alone to see him square up, ready for action ha

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I saw this over the weekend and watched it on 4DX. I enjoyed the movie as switched off my adult brain for it. The 4D really made a difference I feel, as it "took away" certain poor parts of the movie and added an extra fun element.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Man, I am sick of getting adverts for this on YouTube. It's funny tho, I've seen the ad so much that if I went out and watched it now they wouldn't make their money back off me lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

I think kids would still enjoy it most definitely but as a movie for everyone, it's hands down the worst in the franchise and by a large margin. I won't go into details but I wouldn't recommend it, I thought Jurassic World was solid enough, Fallen Kingdom mediocre, but this was plain bad.

The positives are the original cast mainly, Chris Pratt and the rest are alright too, but the movie itself is just tired, nonsensical, no sense of peril or weighted spectacle to it at all, just CGI constantly thrown at the screen.

I did find the Tim Cook, bond-villian styled antagonist amusing enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

The lack of suspense in the whole movie is poor. You could tell what was going to happen.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 40,989 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I was bored. Nothing new with this movie and the nods to other movies (temple of Doom) were as subtle as a brick to the head

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is there anything unusual about the apect ratio of this film that would necessitate having large black borders to the left and right of that image?

I was in screen 5 in Movies@Swords and the image was presented in the middle of the large screen. Large borders left/right and very small borders top/bottom.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I haven’t seen it, but reading about it it appears to be a rare 2.00:1 aspect ratio film - which is in-between the more standard 1.85:1 and 2.35:1. If it was projected like a normal widescreen film, then yes there would be black borders at the edge. But that sounds like haphazard, lazy projection to me: unfortunately quite a few multiplexes put extremely little effort into proper projection these days, and very few have once standard features like screen masking to facilitate different aspect ratios.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The first JW was also 2.00:1 and there was reports of it being projected incorrectly as well, often with the top and bottom of the image cropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Homelander

I actually did notice at my showing that the image was cropped as some of the location cards were visibly off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Cork2021

Just out of the cinema. Look I’m a fanboy so it was always going to excite me regardless. Script was meh but feck it, it’s dinosaurs!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 37,153 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I went in with low expectations and, yes, this was a mess. I feel like it's dinosaurs for the sake of dinosaurs. They all seem to be feral and much more murderous than in previous films. I'm struggling to see what the point is. The Malta portion was nice to look at and that's about it.

The interplay between Neil, Goldbloom and Dern but then, they've a whole film together which is actually good. I should have just watched that instead.

Disappointing, even by the low standards I set for it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 24,149 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

The only review I can give it is one word: meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,560 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So just seen this today. To be honest I was not going to bother and kinda wish I did not. The beginning is cheessy as f. The rest of the film is just terrible. I think it trys to do too much and appeal to too many that it just becomes a right inconstant mess as well as being at least 20mins too long. It could have been brilliant but it's not.

The last film was much better it had heart. This does not.

I would only give it 3 out of 10 stars.

Honestly if you have not seen this don't waste your money on it. It does nothing new and trust to do too much. The Villian is so dull as well.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Will this still be in cinemas the last week of July?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I would say a few but not many screens still. Thor love and thunder is out soon, and where the crawdad sings will probably get quite a few screens

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

• Registered Users Posts: 31,831 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

No worries it's only a guess but it is still number 2 at the box office in UK/Ireland I think so still doing well

• Registered Users Posts: 24,469 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

So from a bit of reading this is set 4 years after JP3. How are dinosaurs suddenly everywhere and how has humanity not been able to keep them in check, guns still exist in the JP universe, right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Those little bitey fella even ended up in the middle for the Serengeti. BDH bails out of a plane over the Alps and lands in a rainforest she also outruns a raptor who later chases down a bike that’s scrambling at top speed. Questions are futile.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Ljmscooter

forklift dino and trex dino are besties ---all franchises must end, praying for originality

The most notable thing about this movie is Tim Cook playing himself.

Self-derivative, tired and boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,822 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

They could really have cut the Chris and Bryce story entirely and not lost anything. Start with the girl already captured, with the old guard coming across her in the evil lair, and go from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just finished the final season of Camp Cretaceous on Netflix and they had one thing to explain something from Dominion

Dodgson visited Nublar and accidentally managed to find the shaving cream can with the DNA samples. So that's how he had it in the film.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Stephen_Maturin

Finally got around to watching this, went into it with as open a mind as possible

Jesus, what a steaming pile. Crap.

Advertisement