Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deirdre O'Kane to host new show.

Options
  • 05-10-2020 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,777 ✭✭✭✭

That welcome relief from DOK's voice after the collapse of Appliances Delivered is about to be shattered...

"A brand new talk show hosted by comedian(?) Deirdre O'Kane is set to brighten dark winter Saturdays nights in November.

The six part RTÉ One series, Deirdre O'Kane Talks Funny, will uncover what makes some of Ireland’s best-loved personalities tick and celebrate careers which have entertained the nation via stage and screen."

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1005/1169358-deirdre-okane-to-host-new-chat-show-on-rte-one/

Comments

Can this year get any worse?..

• Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Just be thankful it ain’t Ray D’Arcy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Cant stand her voice, grates on me, see wouldn't be my cuppa tea.

Didn't find her funny as a comedian, not sure what the format is for the talk show.

RTE scraping the bottom of the barrell again.

Is this what we are paying our €160 licence fee for? ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

"A brand new talk show hosted by comedian(?) Deirdre O'Kane is set to brighten dark winter Saturdays nights in November.

There goes any credibility afforded to RTÉ with their claim of always telling the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Just be thankful it ain’t Ray D’Arcy :)

Amen

• Advertisement

This sound is the closest to that of her voice in terms of the effect on my aural senses and brain

https://youtu.be/Az80KVbVUSs?t=41

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Have RTE abandoned 'Angela Scanlon's Ask Me Anything' ?,

They had apparently filmed two episodes before the lockdown, it sounded like a Saturday Night Talk Show

https://www.rsvplive.ie/news/celebs/angela-scanlon-says-landing-rte-22655817

• Registered Users Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Thanks RTE, just gave me another reason to not pay the licence fee...

I feel great now..

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

The six part RTÉ One series, Deirdre O'Kane Talks Funny, will uncover what makes some of Ireland’s best-loved personalities tick and celebrate careers which have entertained the nation via stage and screen."

So the same dross as every other talk show on RTE? These people are neither interesting nor best-loved.

At least Tommy Tiernan had interesting but everyday people for the most part and we moved outside the RTE canteen celebrity circuit.

They really are the pits when it comes to anything remotely original or watchable.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,777 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Tabnabs wrote: »
    So the same dross as every other talk show on RTE? These people are neither interesting nor best-loved.

At least Tommy Tiernan had interesting but everyday people for the most part and we moved outside the RTE canteen celebrity circuit.

They really are the pits when it comes to anything remotely original or watchable.

Yep, nothing at all new here, usual RTE 'celeb' circle wankery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

said it in the RTE thread on CA forum - why is there a need for 3 talk show's on RTE - The LLS/This/Tommy Tiernan's ..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

There's a hellova lot worse than her on RTE

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

There's a hellova lot worse than her on RTE

And there's a hellova lot better than her on every other channel...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭brian_t

Starts on RTE1 on Saturday, November 7th at 9.10pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭con747

brian_t wrote: »
    Starts on RTE1 on Saturday, November 7th at 9.10pm.

Note to self, find something else to watch @ 9.10pm every Saturday for the near future.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mr Sugar

Saw the ad for this....sets the tone for what it will be...annoying and in no ways funny, are there thousands out there who find her funny? RTE clearly think so...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,243 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

They will probably have her on LLS on Friday for an 'exclusive' preview.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭nicolaf45

Skid X wrote: »
    Have RTE abandoned 'Angela Scanlon's Ask Me Anything' ?,

They had apparently filmed two episodes before the lockdown, it sounded like a Saturday Night Talk Show

I was wondering the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 15,777 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

con747 wrote: »
    Note to self, find something else to watch @ 9.10pm every Saturday for the near future.

Thank be to jesus for streaming where we are not subjected to this "entertainment".

M

Pat Shortt first guest.

• Advertisement
    M

They will probably have her on LLS on Friday for an 'exclusive' preview.

Lol :D...
    ...while comedian and TV presenter Deirdre O'Kane, will discuss changes in the comedy scene, and new challenges she and other Irish entertainers are facing.
    https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1105/1176135-late-late-show-set-for-business-on-friday/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Pat Shortt first guest.

Was the LLS busy? He attends the opening of a crisp packet these days

• Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I’m not even watching, and I can hear Pat Shortt laughing from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

She’s very wooden, think I’d prefer Pat presenting

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Icsics wrote: »
    She’s very wooden, think I’d prefer Pat presenting

Her hair is very wooden!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Is pat shortt the go to guy when there's absolutely no one else.ffs he's been interviewed so many times it's not funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,581 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Crime busters, classic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

What is up with the set, it looks like Pet Shop Boys video.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

It’s very reliant on clips & I wish she’d sit up properly in the chair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Dunno how she gets an interviewer gig on RTÉ. When she presented the 6 o’clock show on tv3 she was absolutely terrible. She makes everything about herself and is a complete pain to listen to.

Advertisement