Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deirdre O'Kane to host new show.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,710 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

What is up with the set, it looks like Pet Shop Boys video.

All the TV licence payers are thinking to themselves...

What have I? What have I? What have I done to deserve this?

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

The Tommy Tiernan Show worked. It was original, and it was fun. Why did they need to re-invent the wheel with this? Quotas?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,287 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Have the tv on in the other room and every 10 seconds or so I can hear Pat shortt cackling away

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Wasn't D'Arcy meant to be on but because they dug up the Den he couldn't (or wouldn't) do both so this is just filler to justify the ad sales.

They scrapped Darcy’s sat night show

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭Storm 10

The Tommy Tiernan Show worked. It was original, and it was fun. Why did they need to re-invent the wheel with this? Quotas?

Tommy is back in January

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Pat was great in Garage. Surprised he did not get more serious roles after that.

Reminded me of the way that Robin Williams was able to do One Hour Photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

That forced laughter from Pat Short is so annoying, looks like he cant do any serious discussion, when she asked him what was it like to be one of eleven kids, he didn't want to go there, just turned it into a skit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I've been ranting about this all week and my wife has been defending it, so in a Mexican standoff of sorts we watched the program.

My view has not changed.

She's terrible. She's not funny at all. She very irritating in fact. I know no doubt she's a good person that many care about. She works hard. She puts in the graft and she tries her best. There is a place for her in media, comedy, and TV production. But it is not on the stage. She is absolutely appalling.

I'm no better of course. But I'm not there flogging a dead horse, sticking with something I'm no good at and haven't got any better at in years.

The only person who is worse and should have packed it in years ago is Blaithnaid Ni Coifaigh. We have a huge problem in Ireland with things like this in telling people the truth. Yet we know it's not good for them. It's not good for us. We know it's not good for anyone. But yet we sit there in the audience, like two grandparents watching their grandchild play a tree in the school play and we say nothing.

Someone please tell Deidre O'Kane it's time to stop. Enough is enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭dexter647

I've had to change channel because of the constant cackle after every sentence..Very annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭enricoh

They haven't discussed covid or cancer yet, she'll have to get a few tips off tubs!

• Advertisement

That “well done” burger joke I def have heard before - can’t remember exactly where but I have.

Not very funny but of course short breaks his hole laughing at himself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Jesus H Christ this is woeful. Absolutely no atmosphere. It's like 2 people talking s***e in front of the fireplace

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

She is very interrupty, and too reliant on clips.

Pat Short is funny but the constant cackle 8s really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

DEADLY DEIRDRE!

Well done.

We loved it here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Pj Gallagher next week.
    Not a hope of me watching that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭UsBus

I was about to type something when I looked up and realised Amy huberman was trying to act. Enough said, where is the remote.....quick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭johnire

I agree ...does anyone remember she was the voiceover on those dreadful Appliancesdirect (I think?) radio ads that were played on a loop on Today FM? I actually think they went out of business and I’d swear it was because of those ads. Dermot Whelan was involved in them too.

Dunno how she gets an interviewer gig on RTÉ. When she presented the 6 o’clock show on tv3 she was absolutely terrible. She makes everything about herself and is a complete pain to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Thought it was nicely done. O'Kane allowed and encouraged Shortt to speak and didn't try to be the star. It helped that they know (and like) each other but the anecdotes were interesting and amusing.

We'll see how she handles others but for a first time effort, not bad at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

Her face is weird looking..has she got suregery ?she is a crap presenter

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

Karlos77 wrote: »

I don’t get this.

I think she looks fantastic for her age.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

They're so far up their own anus in rte a skilled surgeon couldn't find them.

Why so I pay for tv channels I don't get on my tv and wouldn't watch if I could?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭elperello

I enjoyed it.

PS is a national treasure, master of observation comedy.

Will go again next week with PJG.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭Liamo57

Shes an absolute pain in the hole and not one bit funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

She said for one advert go get yourselves a nice cup of wine ...for fock sake cup of wine...it's glass of wine or a bottle of wine not cup of wine ..

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Karlos77 wrote: »

Definitely had Botox, maybe fillers too. She looks feckin great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Rodin

Can I get an adverb?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

I thought it was strange every time Pat laughed (which was at the end of every sentence) that Deirdre never even smiled. She just carried on in a monotone like a robot. When he was talking about the time they were doing a show together and what she said when he asked her to go on before him she acted as if she hadn't been there and hadn't a clue what he was on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,090 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I thought it was strange every time Pat laughed (which was at the end of every sentence) that Deirdre never even smiled. She just carried on in a monotone like a robot. When he was talking about the time they were doing a show together and what she said when he asked her to go on before him she acted as if she hadn't been there and hadn't a clue what he was on about.

That is because she is always thinking about what pre prepared question to ask next. And when she does engage in conversation it’s always about what she thinks or what affects her. She is a dreadful host. Tommy Bowe on Ireland am is similar in that every conversation is about him but at least he is likeabke and in fairness to him he is just started and learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

Samsgirl wrote: »
    Pj Gallagher next week.
    Not a hope of me watching that
    He was on Lucy Kennedy one time and between the two of them with her donkey laugh and his leping around like a monkey it was like an episode of animal planet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

I don’t get this.

I think she looks fantastic for her age.

Me too, pity about her personality though, it doesn't match that pretty face.

Advertisement