Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deirdre O'Kane to host new show.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

I watched a recording of it tonight with P.J. Gallagher and I enjoyed it.

My gripe would be with the set. The host and the guest are lost behind

the side of the seating and it almost creates a barrier between the viewer

and the interview! She's doing a fair enough job of it although I think there

could be a little more investigative work on the guest.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,257 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Lucy Kennedy tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Lucy Kennedy tonight.

What a joke how is that sat night entertainment. She was on Lucy show last year or before. Now she returns the favor. Who wants to hear listen to either of them. Nobody.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

What a joke how is that sat night entertainment. She was on Lucy show last year or before. Now she returns the favor. Who wants to hear listen to either of them. Nobody.

The show got shredded by the Times critic in this morning's edition. In conclusion fails on every level.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

I'd rather go to Mountjoy than live with Lucy. ...next week the guest will probably be Amy hoover man. .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Talks Funny - a joke, someone call the comedy police.

Thanks for your review of a show you haven't seen but I'll take a chance and watch it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Lucy Kennedy tonight.

I thought it was to feature comedians only

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I like Lucy she seems genuine compared to the rest of the Montrose inmates

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭saabsaab

I love Lucy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Pippa is completely different looking now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,593 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Two nobodys on that Living with Lucy showreal. Really could they not have showed one with someone actually famous?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Lucy seems like an okay person, but I think it's a bit ridiculous that Deirdre O'Kane is talking to her like she is Louis Theroux.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

The 80s called! They want their theme tune back....

Good show tonight she is growing into it. DOK has a universal Irish mammy quality a bit like Brenda Fricker?

She really overdoes leading into an ad break.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

Areal is a great guest & she’s destroying it with ad breaks at the wrong time!

Icsics wrote: »
    Areal is a great guest & she’s destroying it with ad breaks at the wrong time!

She’s very poor at developing the conversation based on what’s being said too. It’s like she has a list of questions to ask and they have to be rattled off at regular intervals. He had just got into saying about going out west after Morgans death and she near cuts across him with “Right, Moby....”. Did it all through the PJ Gallagher one as well.

Complete opposite to when Tommy Tiernan had a show and he’d almost just let a chat develop for the remainder of the interview from an early answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭fluke

Yeah I'd love for her to just let Ardal cut loose.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Always think of Death in Paradise as a sequel to Father Ted, where Dougal leaves the priesthood and cops on to himself a bit.

• Advertisement
    M

Always think of Death in Paradise as a sequel to Father Ted, where Dougal leaves the priesthood and cops on to himself a bit.

I noticed Death In Paradise is now on Netflix, is it worth a watch?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Haven't watched an awful lot of it, seems to be a fairly standard 'whodunnit' type show.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,133 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yeah it's an easy hour's viewing, not taxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Waccamacca3

Watched the show sat no, follow up questions it was the set questions she had but some of the questions he has had plenty of years in comedy and I'm sure other things could been talked about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Watched the show sat no, follow up questions it was the set questions she had but some of the questions he has had plenty of years in comedy and I'm sure other things could been talked about

Yes, she was same on the 6 o’clock show. Even when guest was talking she would be looking at her cards to get the next question. She is a terrible presenter/interviewer. Have never seen her do comedy but her stand up would be fully rehearsed, dunno if she can do ad-lib.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

its about as challenging as Heartbeat was in the nineties ( if you remember that ) ?

its as light as a feather

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Mad_maxx wrote: »
    its about as challenging as Heartbeat was in the nineties ( if you remember that ) ?

its as light as a feather

Its a modern day Columbo or Murder She Wrote
    Exactly the same content, drawn out conclusion, and the murder is always someone we dont suspect

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Hyperbollix

She’s very poor at developing the conversation based on what’s being said too. It’s like she has a list of questions to ask and they have to be rattled off at regular intervals. He had just got into saying about going out west after Morgans death and she near cuts across him with “Right, Moby....”. Did it all through the PJ Gallagher one as well.

Complete opposite to when Tommy Tiernan had a show and he’d almost just let a chat develop for the remainder of the interview from an early answer.

Yeah, she suffers from the same issue as a lot of modern chatshow hosts. In their head, it's all about THEM!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,125 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'm afraid I can only see Ardal as Dougal

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'm afraid I can only see Ardal as Dougal

Yes. It's hard not to for people like us. Like, when I saw him first I was asking what was Dougal doing on the Island?

Advertisement