Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deirdre O'Kane to host new show.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Jesus what is wrong with Gallagher, absolutely hyper, like a gatling gun, keeps talking non stop

O Kane cant get a word in

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

Pj is deadly so funny...great that he's talking lots as deirdre is crap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,268 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

I remember Jake Stephens went to some singing competition in Finland and danced and sang to walk of life on stage with his newspaper.

Thought it was brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Phoenix Lights

Can this year get any worse?..

Well, I suppose Alison Spittle's Culchie Club could return to our screens? 🤷*♂️

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Speakerboxx

BuboBubo wrote: »
    Definitely had Botox, maybe fillers too. She looks feckin great.

I would with ear plugs in. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

dubstepper wrote: »
    It's depressing that we have to fund this rubbish. RTE have a soft spot for a few of these no hopers. DOK, Amy Huberman, Nathan Carter, etc. Not entertaining, not talented, not good enough to make it somewhere big. Really low grade offering.

What about the young lad that does the cooking? Jaysus he is cringy to look and listen to. In a way you have to admire the neck of him to get on screen and spoof his way through the whole sh**e show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Sam Hain

I think Pj comes across as such a nice guy. Something so decent and lovable about him. Just a nice sound guy but something vulnerable there

He seems a decent sort. Hard to believe underneath that vulnerable exterior lies a badass tattoed biker.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Karlos77

Pj is deadly so funny...great that he's talking lots as deirdre is crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭fluke

I think Pj comes across as such a nice guy. Something so decent and lovable about him. Just a nice sound guy but something vulnerable there

Interesting to get more of your thoughts on the vulnerability angle.

Will say he looks quite handsome now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Phoenix Lights

What about the young lad that does the cooking? Jaysus he is cringy to look and listen to. In a way you have to admire the neck of him to get on screen and spoof his way through the whole sh**e show.

Donal Skehan is the TV cook you are thinking of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭LilacNails

Don't know whats everyones problem with Deirdre O Kane. I think she's good, doesn't try too hard and let's her guests speak. I've enjoyed her so far.

If she's that bad ye ought to change just channel. It's just 1 push of a button.

LilacNails wrote: »
    Don't know whats everyones problem with Deirdre O Kane. I think she's good, doesn't try too hard and let's her guests speak. I've enjoyed her so far.

If she's that bad ye ought to change just channel. It's just 1 push of a button.

What happens if your remote doesn't work?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭saabsaab

What happens if your remote doesn't work?

You'd have to get up and press the buttons on the TV the old fashioned way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

LilacNails wrote: »

you see that only works for the programs that are not taxpayer funded. We are all paying Deirdre O'Kane whether we like it or not. Same as the rest of the RTE "stars". How many million will they lose this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

Donal Skehan is the TV cook you are thinking of.

Best of all hes not a qualified chef

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Karlos77 wrote: »
    She said for one advert go get yourselves a nice cup of wine ...for fock sake cup of wine...it's glass of wine or a bottle of wine not cup of wine ..

I think it's a quote from "30 Rock"

a5e4320ec14adea86e6cf3a48761838d.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭hurleronditch

lab man wrote: »
    Best of all hes not a qualified chef

To be fair that’s not that unusual. Nigella has been everywhere with her cooking shows for over 20 years, and there’s plenty around the world are just enthusiasts. You don’t need to have been to cookery school to show a novice how to cook a steak or a bowl of pasta.

On DOK, I am firmly from the school that cannot stand her, but I saw the second half tonight and thought it was okay. She asked better like of questions than Tubs ever has. When PJ dropped in that he was born in bessborough she made him pause whatever story he was telling about the young offenders and explore further. If that was Tubs he would have just moved it along as quickly as possible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭applehunter

To be fair that’s not that unusual. Nigella has been everywhere with her cooking shows for over 20 years, and there’s plenty around the world are just enthusiasts. You don’t need to have been to cookery school to show a novice how to cook a steak or a bowl of pasta.

On DOK, I am firmly from the school that cannot stand her, but I saw the second half tonight and thought it was okay. She asked better like of questions than Tubs ever has. When PJ dropped in that he was born in bessborough she made him pause whatever story he was telling about the young offenders and explore further. If that was Tubs he would have just moved it along as quickly as possible

When has “Tubs” not wallowed in a bit of misery?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

Didn’t even bother tune in last night. Saw the promo earlier which reminded me not to bother!

Deirde O'Kane. Always thought she was funny, and pleasing on the eye.

No, I'm not her mother, agent or Husband in case anyone else has that Hi-Larious joke teed up.

• Advertisement

saabsaab wrote: »
    You'd have to get up and press the buttons on the TV the old fashioned way.

Don't have that option on my tv.

Don't have that option on my tv.

How did you turn it on? And don't say by wearing a thong and putting Barry White on in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,162 ✭✭✭KaneToad

you see that only works for the programs that are not taxpayer funded. We are all paying Deirdre O'Kane whether we like it or not. Same as the rest of the RTE "stars". How many million will they lose this year.

That's the way the funding model works though. You pay the licence fee and get some benefit from it - you'd want to be some kind of unique person to appreciate all of the RTE content. But there is something for everyone:

News
    Current affairs
    Sport
    Light entertainment
    Children's
    Movies
    Radio
    Orchestras

etc...

She’s extremely poor, hadn’t high hopes but she’s worse than I imagined. Have they really kicked Tommy Tiernan for her few irrelevant lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

First time watching last night it was dreadful

She reminded me of a revenue official conducting a tax audit

PJ hosting would have been better for a Saturday night show

More energy and life

• Registered Users Posts: 14,308 ✭✭✭✭elperello

She’s extremely poor, hadn’t high hopes but she’s worse than I imagined. Have they really kicked Tommy Tiernan for her few irrelevant lines?

No, Tommy is coming back for another series.

This is just focused on DO'K and other comedians.

A bit niche but I'd say worth the effort.

Strange bunch comedians, I'm enjoying it so far.

How did you turn it on? And don't say by wearing a thong and putting Barry White on in the background.

Plugging it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,293 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

The show is about as interesting as watching paint dry but I don't get the dislike for DOK herself, at least she doesn't have a D4 accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I thought I'd hate it. But she's actually grand doing this show. I don't think she's funny at all but the comedian she had on last night is a genuinely funny fella.

• Advertisement

Plugging it in.

None of those TVs come on with a chanel - the start on standby. What make TV is it... or stop digging perhaps.

Advertisement