Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Game week 5 transfer thread.

• 03-10-2020 2:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭

Werner out. Have no idea who's in yet. Maybe Vardy or even Brewster to give me more funds in midfield

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Chillwell firmly in my thoughts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Chillwell firmly in my thoughts

Dangerous from general play as well as corners today

But I wouldn't expect him to be on corners moving forward, Ziyech will more than likely be the taker I'd imagine, with both being left footed Chilwell isn't going to offer anything different depending on the side either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Most likely Aubam to KDB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Jorginho in. Sure, he's annoying to own but averaging a penalty per game, what's not to love?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Werner to Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Werner out. Have no idea who's in yet. Maybe Vardy or even Brewster to give me more funds in midfield

One more week for Werner. Seeing the final score was expecting at least an assist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Jorginho in. Sure, he's annoying to own but averaging a penalty per game, what's not to love?

Who else can play in his position? he somehow missed the West Brom game.
    However at 5.1m he is probably worth a gamble.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Who else can play in his position? he somehow missed the West Brom game.

Kante?

I'm guessing Werner out needs to be done tonight or he'll drop?

Kante?

Kante played today as well though? Chelsea have such a big squad, and endless amount of midfield players.

• Advertisement

Kante played today as well though? Chelsea have such a big squad, and endless amount of midfield players.

Yeh he plays Kante ahead of Jorg for whatever reason but Kante is the only one that can slot into that position I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Yeh he plays Kante ahead of Jorg for whatever reason but Kante is the only one that can slot into that position I think.

It was Kovacic and Kante in those "double-pivot" positions against West Brom. It looks like Kante and one of Kovacic/Jorginho going forward IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Werner out for literally anyone.

Should have gone with my gut and got rid two weeks ago. He looks about as dangerous as, something not dangerous.... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

James to Chilwell looks a no-brainer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,427 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think with Covid outbreaks a full squad is essential, so all going well will add Brewster insted of Davis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

mdwexford wrote: »
    Werner out for literally anyone.

Should have gone with my gut and got rid two weeks ago. He looks about as dangerous as, something not dangerous.... :confused:

Marshmallow (excluding stay puft marshmallow man from Ghostbusters)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Wildy active

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Mitrovic on the verge of a drop makes me think it's worth using one of my 2 free transfers today. Brewster would allow a defensive upgrade with maybe Chilwell coming in for James leaving 1.3mill in the bank.

Also Maupay looks good so could bring him in for Mitrovic if I downgrade James to a defender for 4.8mill or less but not sure who yet. Maybe Lewis if Newcastle look good in the late kick off but open to suggestions.

If I use my free transfer to protect against a drop today, and wildcard during the week makes sense? Rather than waiting wildcarding and having suffered the drop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Keane out

No Everton defenders until Pickford dropped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,595 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I never thought I'd say this but thinking KDB out... What have you done, Pep?

macraignil wrote: »
    Mitrovic on the verge of a drop makes me think it's worth using one of my 2 free transfers today. Brewster would allow a defensive upgrade with maybe Chilwell coming in for James leaving 1.3mill in the bank.

Also Maupay looks good so could bring him in for Mitrovic if I downgrade James to a defender for 4.8mill or less but not sure who yet. Maybe Lewis if Newcastle look good in the late kick off but open to suggestions.

Liam Cooper for Leeds is just 4.4mill and looks to be in line for a bonus point from today's game. Think I'll go for Mitrovic and James to Maupay and Cooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Chidwell or Castegane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

1. Transfer now or after international break + window closing? Price increases make it tempting now

2. Sell Auba or KDB? Need cash for elsewhere tbh struggling in defence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

1. Transfer now or after international break + window closing? Price increases make it tempting now

If you aren’t using the WC I wouldn’t be making any transfers until the last moment tbh.

Some players have 3 international games, others will be late returning and add in the extra concerns of COVID and its asking for trouble making an early transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    If I use my free transfer to protect against a drop today, and wildcard during the week makes sense? Rather than waiting wildcarding and having suffered the drop

Jim, if you intend using your wildcard between 4 and 5 then start transferring anyone you like in or out now.

As soon as you hit WC option any and al transfers/ hits you took for this week are incorporated into the wildcard.

So definitely make transfers to protect from price fluctuations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Does anyone know or have an educated guess as to how much longer Justin will be a safe bet for Leicester ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Benimar wrote: »
    If you aren’t using the WC I wouldn’t be making any transfers until the last moment tbh.

Some players have 3 international games, others will be late returning and add in the extra concerns of COVID and its asking for trouble making an earerly transfer.

Yeah agree the 3 international games and Covid thrown in, probably going to be injuries and players out for GW5

Colking wrote: »
    Jim, if you intend using your wildcard between 4 and 5 then start transferring anyone you like in or out now.

As soon as you hit WC option any and al transfers/ hits you took for this week are incorporated into the wildcard.

So definitely make transfers to protect from price fluctuations.

I want to see what happens tomorrow first but I'm afraid Werner will drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Trey13

Colking wrote: »
    Does anyone know or have an educated guess as to how much longer Justin will be a safe bet for Leicester ?

I think Perreira is due back October at the earliest. I’d estimate he won’t be back in the team until November though. Castagne and Justin been brilliant so far.

Yeah agree the 3 international games and Covid thrown in, probably going to be injuries and players out for GW5

In addition to that, there will be new players - the likes of Bale will probably get game time soon, there is strong talk of Cavani joining United.

lads coming back with injuries, or with Covid and could be out for a couple of games, early transfers are asking for trouble imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Back to basics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Took my first -4 of the season: Werner and James out, Kane and Dallas in. Don't like moving for Kane before he plays, but the price drop is forcing my hand.

I've a good few fires to fight in my defence. Really regret doing that wildcard in GW 3. The more data you have to go on, the better. I mucked up too many calls.

I calmed down. I'm only a Liverpool and Salah performance from a good week. It is showing a downward trend tho that if continues after international break might need sorting.

Might have to jump on the Everton double up at this stage and get Rodriguez after theyve played the pool.

Doing Kane to Werner now. Dont like doing it but Werner will plummet. If I need to wildcard after international break I will, but id like to hold off if I can. I'd have a settled attacking set up that should get points in long run then, and can hopefully work on defence and another attacker.

Mitrovic close to drop so shipping him out now for Brewster to free up funds and hopefully have a player to come off the bench when needed to add a few points.

Watkins also on the verge of a drop so may switch him to Willson with second free transfer unless something more urgent pops up over the rest of this weeks games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Isn’t everyone struggling in defence?

Mitrovic close to drop so shipping him out now for Brewster to free up funds and hopefully have a player to come off the bench when needed to add a few points.

Watkins also on the verge of a drop so may switch him to Willson with second free transfer unless something more urgent pops up over the rest of this weeks games.

Got that call wrong with Watkins being the one to drop. FPLstatistics still not fine tuned for this seasons price changes by the look of it. Watkins was 3% or so away form a drop when Mitrovic was over the 100% mark but I guess Watkins small ownership made his change more likely.

Got that call wrong with Watkins being the one to drop. FPLstatistics still not fine tuned for this seasons price changes by the look of it. Watkins was 3% or so away form a drop when Mitrovic was over the 100% mark but I guess Watkins small ownership made his change more likely.

I've been waiting on Dunne to go up and/or Douglas of Leeds to go down - and every night both have been +/- 100% and neither of them have moved. They have both fallen back to below 100% now - will see what it's like come 10pm tonight. I used a transfer on them - mainly cause i didn't want a dud 3.9m defender who never makes a squad.

Hopefully Leicester or West Ham made a another big offer for Tarkowski and he goes and Dunne gets to play :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Keane out

No Everton defenders until Pickford dropped

I'm looking at Digne to Castagne maybe. Can't see Pickford being dropped any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

On Podence watch today. It's between him and Trossard for the mid price midfielder slot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Seriously considering KDB out for Son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭scotchy

gammygils wrote: »
    Seriously considering KDB out for Son

Just done it.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

So remind me who are the must halves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,714 ✭✭✭Cartman78

So remind me who are the must halves?

Everyone who didn't blank this weekend :-)

Would it be worth a -4 to get in Son in for Klich with the money I built up from my two free transfers? It would mean leaving Brewster on the bench for the next game week.

Would give me a front 7 of Son, De Bruyne, Salah, Havertz,Rodriguez
    Wilson, Watkins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Watkins is really reactionary isnt he....

Watkins is really reactionary isnt he....

He just dropped in price lat night due to the volume of people selling him. I'd so much confidence in him against Liverpool I left him on the bench.:pac:

Son has gone from -25% to looking like he's going up tonight despite spurs not playing for 2 weeks.

Would it be worth a -4 to get in Son in for Klich with the money I built up from my two free transfers? It would mean leaving Brewster on the bench for the next game week.

Would give me a front 7 of Son, De Bruyne, Salah, Havertz,Rodriguez
    Wilson, Watkins

First hit of the season taken as Son very likely to rise tonight and hoping he will earn the points back fairly quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭scotchy

Son has gone from -25% to looking like he's going up tonight despite spurs not playing for 2 weeks.

At 103.2 now

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
Advertisement