Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game week 5 transfer thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,645 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yeah agree the 3 international games and Covid thrown in, probably going to be injuries and players out for GW5

In addition to that, there will be new players - the likes of Bale will probably get game time soon, there is strong talk of Cavani joining United.

lads coming back with injuries, or with Covid and could be out for a couple of games, early transfers are asking for trouble imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Back to basics

• Registered Users Posts: 45,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Took my first -4 of the season: Werner and James out, Kane and Dallas in. Don't like moving for Kane before he plays, but the price drop is forcing my hand.

I've a good few fires to fight in my defence. Really regret doing that wildcard in GW 3. The more data you have to go on, the better. I mucked up too many calls.

'It is better to walk alone in the right direction than follow the herd walking in the wrong direction.'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I calmed down. I'm only a Liverpool and Salah performance from a good week. It is showing a downward trend tho that if continues after international break might need sorting.

Might have to jump on the Everton double up at this stage and get Rodriguez after theyve played the pool.

Doing Kane to Werner now. Dont like doing it but Werner will plummet. If I need to wildcard after international break I will, but id like to hold off if I can. I'd have a settled attacking set up that should get points in long run then, and can hopefully work on defence and another attacker.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Mitrovic close to drop so shipping him out now for Brewster to free up funds and hopefully have a player to come off the bench when needed to add a few points.

Watkins also on the verge of a drop so may switch him to Willson with second free transfer unless something more urgent pops up over the rest of this weeks games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

1. Transfer now or after international break + window closing? Price increases make it tempting now

2. Sell Auba or KDB? Need cash for elsewhere tbh struggling in defence

Isn’t everyone struggling in defence?

macraignil wrote: »
    Mitrovic close to drop so shipping him out now for Brewster to free up funds and hopefully have a player to come off the bench when needed to add a few points.

Watkins also on the verge of a drop so may switch him to Willson with second free transfer unless something more urgent pops up over the rest of this weeks games.

Got that call wrong with Watkins being the one to drop. FPLstatistics still not fine tuned for this seasons price changes by the look of it. Watkins was 3% or so away form a drop when Mitrovic was over the 100% mark but I guess Watkins small ownership made his change more likely.

Got that call wrong with Watkins being the one to drop. FPLstatistics still not fine tuned for this seasons price changes by the look of it. Watkins was 3% or so away form a drop when Mitrovic was over the 100% mark but I guess Watkins small ownership made his change more likely.

I've been waiting on Dunne to go up and/or Douglas of Leeds to go down - and every night both have been +/- 100% and neither of them have moved. They have both fallen back to below 100% now - will see what it's like come 10pm tonight. I used a transfer on them - mainly cause i didn't want a dud 3.9m defender who never makes a squad.

Hopefully Leicester or West Ham made a another big offer for Tarkowski and he goes and Dunne gets to play :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,395 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Keane out

No Everton defenders until Pickford dropped

I'm looking at Digne to Castagne maybe. Can't see Pickford being dropped any time soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

On Podence watch today. It's between him and Trossard for the mid price midfielder slot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Seriously considering KDB out for Son

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

gammygils wrote: »
    Seriously considering KDB out for Son

Just done it.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

So remind me who are the must halves?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Ace2007 wrote: »
    So remind me who are the must halves?

Everyone who didn't blank this weekend :-)

Would it be worth a -4 to get in Son in for Klich with the money I built up from my two free transfers? It would mean leaving Brewster on the bench for the next game week.

Would give me a front 7 of Son, De Bruyne, Salah, Havertz,Rodriguez
    Wilson, Watkins

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Watkins is really reactionary isnt he....

Watkins is really reactionary isnt he....

He just dropped in price lat night due to the volume of people selling him. I'd so much confidence in him against Liverpool I left him on the bench.:pac:

Son has gone from -25% to looking like he's going up tonight despite spurs not playing for 2 weeks.

Would it be worth a -4 to get in Son in for Klich with the money I built up from my two free transfers? It would mean leaving Brewster on the bench for the next game week.

Would give me a front 7 of Son, De Bruyne, Salah, Havertz,Rodriguez
    Wilson, Watkins

First hit of the season taken as Son very likely to rise tonight and hoping he will earn the points back fairly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Son has gone from -25% to looking like he's going up tonight despite spurs not playing for 2 weeks.

At 103.2 now

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

OUT Mitrovic and Soucek

IN Brewster and a 6.8 midfielder (Costa, McGinn, Traore - suggestions?)

Or I could get rid of Mitrovic, Soucek and KDB for Brewster, Son and J.Rodriguez for -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I brought in Kane, Grealish and Ayling for Jiminez, Havertz and James before the price rise for Kane for - 4. It would have been difficult to get Kane and Grealish in if I had waited so worth a risk I think. I have Brewster as first sub now if anyone gets injured during the internationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Dice75

Mount to Grealish done before any rises. Computer off till Friday week.

Werner to Kane done sat night. Not doing anything else. No hits or wildcard.

Will look at downgrading taa to get son back in midfield after next two gw. If continues like this, it's not worth having a 7.5m Def regardless of his attacking returns.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

anyone out cavani in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Chidwell or castagne

And

Maupay or Wilson

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Chidwell or castagne

And

Maupay or Wilson

Chilwell and Maupay.

Minime2.5 wrote: »
    Chidwell or castagne

And

Maupay or Wilson

Wilson and castagne

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Ryan

TAA Robertson Egan Walker-Peters

Salah Bruno Knockaert Hamez

DCL Kane

McCarthy, Webster, Stephens, Davis

Have two transfers in the bank.
    Have a lot of deadwood there but I've been doing suprisingly well so far and sit at 150k globally.

Thinking of getting Son in before the price rise tonight.

Son, Tyrick Mitchell and James Justin

In for

Knockaert, TAA and Egan.

Thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I'm thinking of shipping out TAA too - blasphemy I know but clean sheets seem hard to come by and he doesn't seem quite on the attacking this year yet.

Switching to robertson or maybe a mid-priced like chilwell / castagne and upgrade elsewhere.

Advertisement