Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game week 5 transfer thread.

• 03-10-2020 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭

Werner out. Have no idea who's in yet. Maybe Vardy or even Brewster to give me more funds in midfield

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Chillwell firmly in my thoughts

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Chillwell firmly in my thoughts

Dangerous from general play as well as corners today

But I wouldn't expect him to be on corners moving forward, Ziyech will more than likely be the taker I'd imagine, with both being left footed Chilwell isn't going to offer anything different depending on the side either

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Most likely Aubam to KDB

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Jorginho in. Sure, he's annoying to own but averaging a penalty per game, what's not to love?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Werner to Kane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Werner out. Have no idea who's in yet. Maybe Vardy or even Brewster to give me more funds in midfield

One more week for Werner. Seeing the final score was expecting at least an assist

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Jorginho in. Sure, he's annoying to own but averaging a penalty per game, what's not to love?

Who else can play in his position? he somehow missed the West Brom game.
    However at 5.1m he is probably worth a gamble.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Who else can play in his position? he somehow missed the West Brom game.

Kante?

I'm guessing Werner out needs to be done tonight or he'll drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Kante?

Kante played today as well though? Chelsea have such a big squad, and endless amount of midfield players.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Kante played today as well though? Chelsea have such a big squad, and endless amount of midfield players.

Yeh he plays Kante ahead of Jorg for whatever reason but Kante is the only one that can slot into that position I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Yeh he plays Kante ahead of Jorg for whatever reason but Kante is the only one that can slot into that position I think.

It was Kovacic and Kante in those "double-pivot" positions against West Brom. It looks like Kante and one of Kovacic/Jorginho going forward IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Werner out for literally anyone.

Should have gone with my gut and got rid two weeks ago. He looks about as dangerous as, something not dangerous.... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

James to Chilwell looks a no-brainer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think with Covid outbreaks a full squad is essential, so all going well will add Brewster insted of Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

mdwexford wrote: »
    Werner out for literally anyone.

Should have gone with my gut and got rid two weeks ago. He looks about as dangerous as, something not dangerous.... :confused:

Marshmallow (excluding stay puft marshmallow man from Ghostbusters)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Wildy active

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭macraignil

Mitrovic on the verge of a drop makes me think it's worth using one of my 2 free transfers today. Brewster would allow a defensive upgrade with maybe Chilwell coming in for James leaving 1.3mill in the bank.

Also Maupay looks good so could bring him in for Mitrovic if I downgrade James to a defender for 4.8mill or less but not sure who yet. Maybe Lewis if Newcastle look good in the late kick off but open to suggestions.

If I use my free transfer to protect against a drop today, and wildcard during the week makes sense? Rather than waiting wildcarding and having suffered the drop

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Keane out

No Everton defenders until Pickford dropped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,349 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I never thought I'd say this but thinking KDB out... What have you done, Pep?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,347 ✭✭✭macraignil

macraignil wrote: »
    Mitrovic on the verge of a drop makes me think it's worth using one of my 2 free transfers today. Brewster would allow a defensive upgrade with maybe Chilwell coming in for James leaving 1.3mill in the bank.

Also Maupay looks good so could bring him in for Mitrovic if I downgrade James to a defender for 4.8mill or less but not sure who yet. Maybe Lewis if Newcastle look good in the late kick off but open to suggestions.

Liam Cooper for Leeds is just 4.4mill and looks to be in line for a bonus point from today's game. Think I'll go for Mitrovic and James to Maupay and Cooper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

Chidwell or Castegane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

1. Transfer now or after international break + window closing? Price increases make it tempting now

2. Sell Auba or KDB? Need cash for elsewhere tbh struggling in defence

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

1. Transfer now or after international break + window closing? Price increases make it tempting now

2. Sell Auba or KDB? Need cash for elsewhere tbh struggling in defence

If you aren’t using the WC I wouldn’t be making any transfers until the last moment tbh.

Some players have 3 international games, others will be late returning and add in the extra concerns of COVID and its asking for trouble making an early transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    If I use my free transfer to protect against a drop today, and wildcard during the week makes sense? Rather than waiting wildcarding and having suffered the drop

Jim, if you intend using your wildcard between 4 and 5 then start transferring anyone you like in or out now.

As soon as you hit WC option any and al transfers/ hits you took for this week are incorporated into the wildcard.

So definitely make transfers to protect from price fluctuations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

Does anyone know or have an educated guess as to how much longer Justin will be a safe bet for Leicester ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Benimar wrote: »
    If you aren’t using the WC I wouldn’t be making any transfers until the last moment tbh.

Some players have 3 international games, others will be late returning and add in the extra concerns of COVID and its asking for trouble making an earerly transfer.

Yeah agree the 3 international games and Covid thrown in, probably going to be injuries and players out for GW5

Colking wrote: »
    Jim, if you intend using your wildcard between 4 and 5 then start transferring anyone you like in or out now.

As soon as you hit WC option any and al transfers/ hits you took for this week are incorporated into the wildcard.

So definitely make transfers to protect from price fluctuations.

I want to see what happens tomorrow first but I'm afraid Werner will drop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

Colking wrote: »
    Does anyone know or have an educated guess as to how much longer Justin will be a safe bet for Leicester ?

I think Perreira is due back October at the earliest. I’d estimate he won’t be back in the team until November though. Castagne and Justin been brilliant so far.

Advertisement