Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

Game week 5 transfer thread.

13

Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 17,830 ✭✭✭✭ Ace2007


    BOHtox wrote: »
    Ryan

    TAA Robertson Egan Walker-Peters

    Salah Bruno Knockaert Hamez

    DCL Kane

    McCarthy, Webster, Stephens, Davis

    Have two transfers in the bank.
    Have a lot of deadwood there but I've been doing suprisingly well so far and sit at 150k globally.

    Thinking of getting Son in before the price rise tonight.

    Son, Tyrick Mitchell and James Justin

    In for

    Knockaert, TAA and Egan.

    Thoughts?

    Bruno to Son the most obvious
    James has lost his place I think
    Justin could lose his place


  • Registered Users Posts: 42,031 ✭✭✭✭ Scorpion Sting


    Ace2007 wrote: »
    Bruno to Son the most obvious
    James has lost his place I think
    Justin could lose his place

    No the player he is transferring in is called James Justin.


  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ ThunbergsAreGo


    No the player he is transferring in is called James Justin.

    Regardless 2 of the 3 players is is bringing in likely aren't playing in a month


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭ sheroman01


    Reverse of my last transfer. Barnes > Son.


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭ Chesty08


    Contemplating a WC to set me up for Covid! I can see multiple cases coming up so might be worth going with 2 premium players (captaincy) & then spreading the cash


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭ Shedite27


    Chesty08 wrote: »
    Contemplating a WC to set me up for Covid! I can see multiple cases coming up so might be worth going with 2 premium players (captaincy) & then spreading the cash

    I predict that strategy will reward you one or two weeks but will have 10/12 weeks of "who to bench" headaches and "why did I leave a 12 point haul on the bench" regrets


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭ Open the Pubs


    Is Egan out next weekend now with this close contact business?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭ bmorrissey


    Bringing Brewster in solely to free up cash for next week


  • Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭ Lemlin


    Looking to get DCL out but only money I can see to free up is KDB out....

    McCarthy
    TAA, KWP, Justin (Davies, Egan)
    KDB, Saint Maxi, Son, Salah (Stephens)
    Wilson, Ings, Mitro

    1.3 banked.

    Thinking maybe KDB to Bruno and Mitro to DCL. Opinions?


  • Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭ Dice75


    Lemlin wrote: »
    Looking to get DCL out but only money I can see to free up is KDB out....

    McCarthy
    TAA, KWP, Justin (Davies, Egan)
    KDB, Saint Maxi, Son, Salah (Stephens)
    Wilson, Ings, Mitro

    1.3 banked.

    Thinking maybe KDB to Bruno and Mitro to DCL. Opinions?

    Be wary of Covid outbreaks, i mean you'd hate to bring Bruno in and find out Friday night theres more than Ronaldo positive in that Portugal squad I'd leave it late as possible this week for any transfers barring major price drops


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭ Chuck Noland


    Thinking Brewster in Martial out
    Pulisic in Podence out

    Johnstone (Button)
    TAA KWP Davies (lascelles Taylor)
    KDB Salah Son Pulisic (Stephens)
    Brewster Wilson DCL

    No hit and 2.0 itb to upgrade others

    Any thoughts on this?


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭ Shedite27


    Feels like forever since I've looked at my team, 2 FT and no fires.


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭ Shedite27


    Barkley's a trap isn't it?

    Thnking Ings/Soucek to Maupay/Barkley.

    Brighton scored 8 in 4 games, of which Maupay got half (including on penalties). Villa have nice fixtures he looked very central to what Villa were doing against Liverpool. Any chance he gets back to his Everton form?


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭ Benimar


    Barkley has always, and will always be a trap.


  • Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ joeyboy11


    Shedite27 wrote: »
    Barkley's a trap isn't it?

    Thnking Ings/Soucek to Maupay/Barkley.

    Brighton scored 8 in 4 games, of which Maupay got half (including on penalties). Villa have nice fixtures he looked very central to what Villa were doing against Liverpool. Any chance he gets back to his Everton form?


    Do you have 0.3 in the bank to get grealish and muapay? I would avoid barkley for now.

    8.5 + 4.9 = 13.4 (Ings + Soucek)
    6.6 + 7.1 = 13.7 (Maupay + Grealish)


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭ Shedite27


    joeyboy11 wrote: »
    Do you have 0.3 in the bank to get grealish and muapay? I would avoid barkley for now.

    8.5 + 4.9 = 13.4 (Ings + Soucek)
    6.6 + 7.1 = 13.7 (Maupay + Grealish)

    No don't have the cash for Grealish unfortunately.


  • Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭ munster87


    Tempted to ditch Kevin for Grealish, for a few weeks anyway.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭ but1er


    drop greenwood to grealish and take out R James and Dunne as both lost position ( well R james you just dont know played for england during the week)

    leaves me with me 9.4 millon for two defenders. I have Robbo Mitchell Lamptey ( is he fit?) any suggestions on who to get?


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭ Cartman78


    Somehow have 2 FT and the exact funds for Werner & Zaha out for Kane & Grealish.....seems like a no brainer but really not tuned into FPL at all this season


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭ dr.kenneth noisewater


    Thinking of JamRod to Son or do people think its better to try get Kane?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭ Shedite27


    but1er wrote: »
    drop greenwood to grealish and take out R James and Dunne as both lost position ( well R james you just dont know played for england during the week)

    leaves me with me 9.4 millon for two defenders. I have Robbo Mitchell Lamptey ( is he fit?) any suggestions on who to get?
    RJames didn't start one game. Too soon to tell if that was rotation or dropped.

    I feel Lamptey is going to spend the whole season with a yellow flag.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭ Porthallian


    Wilson or Maupay?


  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭ Open the Pubs


    Wilson or Maupay?

    I had Wilson replaced him with Maupay. For me it's a coin toss. I rate Wilson, it's Newcastle I'm more sceptical of.


  • Registered Users Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭ dr.kenneth noisewater


    Ricky/KDB to Son/Kane for -4


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭ Jim Gazebo


    Worth a -4 to get KDB out ? Already did Werner to Kane 2 weeks ago... Who to bring in have 1 mill in the bank so pretty much any midfielder. Have Salah, zaha already


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,779 ✭✭✭ shmeee


    Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Worth a -4 to get KDB out ? Already did Werner to Kane 2 weeks ago... Who to bring in have 1 mill in the bank so pretty much any midfielder. Have Salah, zaha already

    I would anyway, if we get to next weekend and he is still out. Then you'll only be mad at yourself.

    Either move now, or hold him.

    Most have 0.1 million in him so one price drop won't make a any difference.

    Dare I say it, Bale?


  • Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭ Cartman78


    Cartman78 wrote: »
    Somehow have 2 FT and the exact funds for Werner & Zaha out for Kane & Grealish.....seems like a no brainer but really not tuned into FPL at all this season

    And KDB to Mahrez for a hit?????


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭ Jim Gazebo


    shmeee wrote: »
    I would anyway, if we get to next weekend and he is still out. Then you'll only be mad at yourself.

    Either move now, or hold him.

    Most have 0.1 million in him so one price drop won't make a any difference.

    Dare I say it, Bale?

    Will he play tho. I could get son but same as bale spurs play West ham who are on good form. Havertz or Barnes maybe?!




  • What do we make of Wolves defenders? Is Semedo the best option?


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,525 ✭✭✭✭ extra gravy


    Contemplating first hit of the season. KDB & Sterling to Son & Salah. Could wait a week on Sterling to Salah I guess, it may not be worth a hit.


Advertisement