Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I didn’t go ahead in this campaign, as I thought my current job was going somewhere at the time! My jobs gone to the dogs and I regret this decision so much! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

Daryl231 wrote: »
    Hi all, does anyone have the correct information on the pay rates from day1. Overtime and shift pay ect.

Clerical Officer PPC [Personal Pension Contribution] Scale as of 1st January 2020:

24,104 (461.96) – 25,681 (492.18) – 26,083 (499.85) – 26,864 (514.83) – 28,017 (536.93) – 29,167 (558.99) – 30,319 (581.05) – 31,157 (597.11) – 32,105 (615.29) – 33,209 (636.43) – 33,986 (651.32) – 35,078 (672.24) – 36,162 (693.04) – 37,855 (725.48) – LSI 1 39,186 (750.99) – LSI 2 39,796 (762.68)

¹ After 3 years satisfactory service at the maximum
    ² After 6 years satisfactory service at the maximum

A shift allowance of 25% is payable for staff working the 24/7/365 shift, in addition to any other allowances as appropriate to this shift pattern. Increments may be awarded if the officer’s services are satisfactory.

job seeker wrote: »
    I didn’t go ahead in this campaign, as I thought my current job was going somewhere at the time! My jobs gone to the dogs and I regret this decision so much! :(

Everything happens for a reason - there'll be many other opportunities I'm sure!

There'll be another civil service CO campaign later this year for instance; just keep an eye on publicjobs.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

Everything happens for a reason - there'll be many other opportunities I'm sure!

There'll be another civil service CO campaign later this year for instance; just keep an eye on publicjobs.ie.

Ah yeah! I’m just the worst for making the wrong choice and living with regrets!

That’s true! I guess! It is what it is! I’d reapply for this campaign as well, again if it were to come up! Anyway best of luck to you in this campaign!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nomno

I emailed HR.PD to ask about my vetting, I did it 14 weeks ago! They said its still on strand one, they said they would resend it :eek:
    If anyone is waiting for vetting that long, maybe give them an email to see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Genieb

Just been assigned to galway anyone know how long it takes to get a start date from ags?

Genieb wrote: »
    Just been assigned to galway anyone know how long it takes to get a start date from ags?

It depends really, with my partner, he got a start date 2 days after he got the assignment confirmation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Daryl231

Is Castlebar (GISC) a good place to work. Any tips or advise

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sweetcake

Is Castlebar (GISC) a good place to work. Any tips or advise

Hi have you been given a start date? I have sent in references etc so wondering how long it will take to be assigned?

sweetcake wrote: »
    Hi have you been given a start date? I have sent in references etc so wondering how long it will take to be assigned?

No i have been informed that all im waiting on is a start date now. Im just trying to get more information on the roll before i make the decision to start when it comes up. There is not much information on the roll e.g day to day tasks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 sweetcake

No i have been informed that all im waiting on is a start date now. Im just trying to get more information on the roll before i make the decision to start when it comes up. There is not much information on the roll e.g day to day tasks.

Did you wait long for them to get back to you once you sent in references?

sweetcake wrote: »
    Did you wait long for them to get back to you once you sent in references?

Couple of weeks after i submitted the hearing report and references. Its not a long wait for Castlebar ive heard

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hi folks, I worked in GISC for two years and it's a grand place to work, though just didn't suit me as I had an hour commute.

Got a mobility transfer back to Sligo in October and delighted with that move.

Core shift cycle is 6 days on, 4 days off. It's 24/7 so forget bank holidays/Christmas etc, that will be based on your roster (though you do get leave to accompany it)

In the 6 days you will work
    2 mornings - 8am to 6pm
    2 afternoons - 2pm to 12pm
    2 overnights - 10pm to 8am

There are other options available like 12hr, days only (you lose your shift allowance with this though).

Any other questions I'd be happy to answer them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lenny45

Hi all, I am 18 weeks into the vetting process now, I’m hoping to get into castlebar I have been told I am through 2 strands of the vetting and waiting on the third and this takes the longest time, I was just wondering how many of you are in the same boat and how long are ya waiting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lodge2016

Lenny45 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am 18 weeks into the vetting process now, I’m hoping to get into castlebar I have been told I am through 2 strands of the vetting and waiting on the third and this takes the longest time, I was just wondering how many of you are in the same boat and how long are ya waiting?

Hi, I’m in the same situation as you, 18 weeks and have gone through 2 strands in my vetting. Do you know what happens next once vetting comes through? It’s such a long process.

Lodge2016 wrote: »
    Hi, I’m in the same situation as you, 18 weeks and have gone through 2 strands in my vetting. Do you know what happens next once vetting comes through? It’s such a long process.

As far as I know you do an audiology test after and then give your references to be checked and then wait on a start date. It’s supposed to be pretty quick once vetting is done!
    Anyone know what’s involved in the third strand and why it takes so long? I can’t get any answers for this!!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cherylwalsh3

Anyone have any idea how this virus is going to affect the vetting process?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 DeltaDelta

Anyone have any idea how this virus is going to affect the vetting process?

Quite possibly it will slow things down, even more! I imagine the virus will have an impact on recruitment nationwide, it could push things out by a few months.

I’m not trying to worry you, this is just my opinion. Hopefully I’m wrong!

DeltaDelta wrote: »
    Quite possibly it will slow things down, even more! I imagine the virus will have an impact on recruitment nationwide, it could push things out by a few months.

I’m hoping to get into the GISC centre in Castlebar and not looking to take advantage of a bad situation I was hoping it would speed things up because they took all the recruits out of Templemore and are putting all Garda on 12 hour shifts and putting as many Garda on the street as possible I figured they would need more staff on the phones, I also know they are short staffed in Castlebar as it is but I still haven’t heard anything from them and i’m now 19 weeks waiting on the vetting to be finished!!

Do you mind me asking what number on the OOM you were? And where are you hoping to get posted?

• Advertisement

DeltaDelta wrote: »

Madness though considering we’ve all passed interviews. We could be deployed elsewhere. I know different skill sets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lodge2016

Lenny45 wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what number on the OOM you were? And where are you hoping to get posted?

Hey I’m hoping for Castlebar also. I was 14 after interview and then went down to 4 around the time of vetting, told then in January was gone from the OOM as they had called for the next round of candidates for Castlebar. What about yourself?

Hey I’m hoping for Castlebar also. I was 14 after interview and then went down to 4 around the time of vetting, told then in January was gone from the OOM as they had called for the next round of candidates for Castlebar. What about yourself?

I was 16 on OOM and as I said can’t really get any answers since only that we have to wait. I thought we would be through it by now, I know someone in Dublin who was going into the call centre up there and got through the vetting in 6 weeks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Madness though considering we’ve all passed interviews. We could be deployed elsewhere. I know different skill sets etc.

Temporary assignments across the Civil and Public Service are a necessary response by Government to the unprecedented national crisis arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.gov.ie/en/...ublic-service-in-re/

• Registered Users Posts: 9 19imelda

Hi folks,

I am number 3 for the Galway panel and have not heard anything for an awful long time. I have not done the Garda Vetting yet. Is this panel being gotten rid of and a new one formed does anyone know?? I thought things would move quicker than this.

At what point do they look for current employer references and is a good thing if they do ?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paulbolg

19imelda wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I am number 3 for the Galway panel and have not heard anything for an awful long time. I have not done the Garda Vetting yet. Is this panel being gotten rid of and a new one formed does anyone know?? I thought things would move quicker than this.

Everything has been stopped with regard to new people coming in as training and shadowing cannot be done due to social distancing this also goes for those waiting to transfer out. Its in everyones interest to just wait it out

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Anyone have any updates

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Junior Blue

Anyone have any updates

We hear that there is another group waiting to start but like everything else, its hearsay rather than actual hard fact. Hang in there gang, there will be new starts sooner rather than later IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 rache611

Anyone have any updates

I just got my offer for Dublin! Finally!

Advertisement