Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Junior Blue

mollycasey wrote: »
    For those of you already started in the role did the public appointments contact your current employer before you received the letter of offer?

Not for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭paulbolg

For those of you already started in the role did the public appointments contact your current employer before you received the letter of offer?

Didnt with mine either.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cbyrne282028

We just got an email today to say they want the audiology report and references but is it too early to ask employer for reference how long to the next stage please

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

As far as i am aware this is nearly the final stages, i sent my hearing test and previous employer references back 2 weeks ago and i am not waiting on them to contact my current employer for a reference. PAS advised that they would be looking for my current employer reference before i get the letter of offer which i don't like as obviously they don't know i might be leaving!

Is anyone in the group working in Cork and if so what are the shifts?

Anyone started in Dublin yet if so how's it going,what are the shifts like please

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Silent night

Hi is it possible to track your application if so how thanks

Anyone started in Dublin yet if so how's it going,what are the shifts like please

Its 4 shifts on 4 off = 2days, 2 nights = 7am to 7pm and 7pm to 7am. Job is all good thankgod.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

paulbolg wrote: »
    Its 4 shifts on 4 off = 2days, 2 nights = 7am to 7pm and 7pm to 7am. Job is all good thankgod.

I take it the shifts are the same in cork

Sorry for another question but when they say a birth cert do they mean the long one they also say passport dies that mean one or the other will do ,

I take it the shifts are the same in cork

I would assume so yes, i have not heard of different shifts in any of the other control rooms

• Advertisement

Sorry for another question but when they say a birth cert do they mean the long one they also say passport dies that mean one or the other will do ,

Your origional cert, take them to a peace commisioner to be copied and verified and thats it. All info required is sent to ye and is self explanitory.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Johnk8244

Heard anything yet about Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tanyatf44

I think I read it was the passport or the birth cert. Is that right? Also, does anyone know how many references they look for? I have had the same employer for 10 years. Will that do or do I have to go back further?

Tanyatf44 wrote: »
    I think I read it was the passport or the birth cert. Is that right? Also, does anyone know how many references they look for? I have had the same employer for 10 years. Will that do or do I have to go back further?

You need birth cert and passport ,also previous employer and this one I'd to go back over ten years to get that

Just received email regarding to vetting process

Is that for the final vetting as in after the audiology and reference stage

Is that for the final vetting as in after the audiology and reference stage

Hi no it's the first stage before audiology and reference stage

We're just after that stage just submitted audiology report and references this is the hardest stage I think waiting to see if you pass that

We're just after that stage just submitted audiology report and references this is the hardest stage I think waiting to see if you pass that

Best of luck ,where are you hoping to be based

Dublin,where are you hopeing to be based,and best of luck to you too

• Advertisement

Thanks castlebar

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Lodge2016

Does anyone know the shifts for Castlebar?

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

7-7 two days, 7-7 two nights. Four off then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Leanne1994

so I just got an email for vetting.
    I was up in the 20s for castlebar and 30s for galway.
    I have an uncle working in the gaurds who said they are taking all the gaurds out of the call centres asap as they are needed so that should open more vacancies I presume..
    in the first email it said I should be getting vetting twice. one for an gardai and the other for pas however I only got one email from an gardai with the link to complete. should I be expecting another email or will the one cover both?
    also how do I know which location as it does not state in the email or have I missed something

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Noiram

I received documents for vetting for Castlebar. I'm ws no 16. I rang vetting and asked could I wait until my vetting came up for Galway as I was no 20 and I was told to fill this and it would suffice for either position. I still havnt received an offer for Galway anyone else in this position. I had Galway down as first choice and I'm pretty near in numbers for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Noodles1223

Hi.
    Were you on the second panel and do you mind me asking your OOM for Dublin.
    Regards.
    Noodles

Hi number 14 for Dublin,that's all they told me,but I gave in the audiology report last week and my references,so just waiting now,what stage are you at now,

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Noodles1223

Hi number 14 for Dublin,that's all they told me,but I gave in the audiology report last week and my references,so just waiting now,what stage are you at now,

Im still at vetting stage.was 4 in Dublin .7 in Waterford

It's a long process hopefully it'll be over soon good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 emmadee

Noiram wrote: »
    I received documents for vetting for Castlebar. I'm ws no 16. I rang vetting and asked could I wait until my vetting came up for Galway as I was no 20 and I was told to fill this and it would suffice for either position. I still havnt received an offer for Galway anyone else in this position. I had Galway down as first choice and I'm pretty near in numbers for both.

Was on oom number 1 for Mayo and 8 for Galway. Got the request for audiology report for mayo and sent everything off but got a call to say they'd put it in for Galway as I had reached number 1 for there.

Advertisement