Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Col82

Noiram wrote: »
    I received documents for vetting for Castlebar. I'm ws no 16. I rang vetting and asked could I wait until my vetting came up for Galway as I was no 20 and I was told to fill this and it would suffice for either position. I still havnt received an offer for Galway anyone else in this position. I had Galway down as first choice and I'm pretty near in numbers for both.

Hi, Galway was my first choice but I got vetting issued for castlebar first, i had to turn it down and wait for Galway to come up. Having turned down the original vetting caused some issues but eventually got called for Galway. So i'm now 14 weeks into vetting so hoping I'll hear this week or next about audiology report and references.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cbyrne282028

They didn't tell us yet where were vetted for first choice was Dublin,then Waterford have done the vetting and audiology and given in references just waiting now ,but hopeing its Dublin when do we find out locations

• Registered Users Posts: 9 emmadee

Anybody waiting on result of audiology and references stage. Submitted and anticipating....

Hi yes left all in about 2 weeks ago and waiting now are you

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

The waiting game sucks, but hang in there. January is a realistic time to expect a start date for Galway at least. Contracts issued in December most likely. Just can't see a new batch being taken in coming up to christmas.

• Advertisement

Wonder is the start date the same for Dublin

The waiting game sucks, but hang in there. January is a realistic time to expect a start date for Galway at least. Contracts issued in December most likely. Just can't see a new batch being taken in coming up to christmas.

Thanks, yes I was thinking the same that it will possibly be January at this stage. Hoping to hear back from vetting this week. I really hope the job is worth the wait 🀞ðŸ»ðŸ€žðŸ»....how do you like the shift work?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭DaylightDies

Col82 wrote: »
    Thanks, yes I was thinking the same that it will possibly be January at this stage. Hoping to hear back from vetting this week. I really hope the job is worth the wait ��ðŸ»��ðŸ»....how do you like the shift work?

The shift work is great. Feel like I have alot of time off and for me the shifts go fairly quickly. Everyone is sound both gardai and garda staff so it's enjoyable for me. Work can be tough as anything can happen but there's plenty of ppl there to help out if you're stuck with anything. Allowances are nice and there's a good amount of overtime going at the moment.

The shift work is great. Feel like I have alot of time off and for me the shifts go fairly quickly. Everyone is sound both gardai and garda staff so it's enjoyable for me. Work can be tough as anything can happen but there's plenty of ppl there to help out if you're stuck with anything. Allowances are nice and there's a good amount of overtime going at the moment.

Thanks for the reply, that is great to know. I'm glad it will be all worth it in the end. Fingers crossed I'll be in Galway in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

Public Appointments contacted my current employer yesterday for my reference so fingers crossed i get a start date soon as i am finishing on the 20th december!

Anyone else starting in cork?

• Advertisement

mollycasey wrote: »
    Public Appointments contacted my current employer yesterday for my reference so fingers crossed i get a start date soon as i am finishing on the 20th december!

Anyone else starting in cork?

Hope they don't. Haven't told them I'm leaving yet. Anyone have a phonecall from them. 2 missed calls this morning. Think it might be themthem

• Registered Users Posts: 1 nataliemurphy

does your hearing have to be 100% to get the job or would the slightest defect in your hearing still get you the job?

can anyone advise what the holidays are? is it the standard 20 days?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

22 Days for COs and it increases by a day after 5, 10 and 12 (maybe 14 as well) years. I presume there is some arrangement for bank holidays also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Oats2017

Its 31 days holidays, covers bank holidays too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Noodles1223

Anyone on the 2nd panel for Garda Control Room Call Taker hear anything back from evetting.had my evetting on 30th September.Disclosure was viewed but i have heard nothing since then.
    Regards.
    Noodles

Anyone on the 2nd panel for Garda Control Room Call Taker hear anything back from evetting.had my evetting on 30th September.Disclosure was viewed but i have heard nothing since then.
    Regards.
    Noodles

Where are you applying for.?

Regards.
    Noodles

I completed my evetting form in August. Still waiting to hear if I have cleared. I rang HR last week and they said there is a delay with 3rd strand of vetting for lots of people due to man power issues. Not sure if I should keep ringing or ring PAS for more updates.

i got my start date for cork - did anyone else?

Congrats. When do you start.?

• Advertisement

starting the 13th jan - is the training on site does anyone know?

Dublin OOM 4.Waterford OOM 7.
    Hoping i hear soon

I completed my evetting form in August. Still waiting to hear if I have cleared. I rang HR last week and they said there is a delay with 3rd strand of vetting for lots of people due to man power issues. Not sure if I should keep ringing or ring PAS for more updates.

I rang PAS last week .was told there just waiting to hear from Garda on vetting.were are you hoping for and do you mind letting me know your OOM

I rang PAS last week .was told there just waiting to hear from Garda on vetting.were are you hoping for and do you mind letting me know your OOM

Sorry only saw this now, I am hoping for Galway. I was on original panel but second round of interviews on that panel, so I was 12 OOM away by the time my interview was done. Where are you hoping for? I am now at 16 weeks of vetting. Hoping to hear soon.

Sorry only saw this now, I am hoping for Galway. I was on original panel but second round of interviews on that panel, so I was 12 OOM away by the time my interview was done. Where are you hoping for? I am now at 16 weeks of vetting. Hoping to hear soon.

Hoping for Dublin, my OOM is Dublin 4 Waterford 7.
    9 weeks in to evetting,some peoples vetting coming back quicker than others..regards.
    Noodles

Hoping for Dublin, my OOM is Dublin 4 Waterford 7.
    9 weeks in to evetting,some peoples vetting coming back quicker than others..regards.
    Noodles

Best of luck, hope we hear soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Tanyatf44

Anyone hear anything about Dublin yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cherylwalsh3

Anyone hear anything on Dublin or Waterford?

Anyone hear anything on Dublin or Waterford?

Nothing from Dublin or Waterford as of today .I think they need the staff in the other locations first.im sure we will hear soon.
    Regards.
    Noodles

• Advertisement

Tanyatf44 wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about Dublin yet?

Nothing from Dublin or Waterford as of today .I think they need the staff in the other locations first.im sure we will hear soon.
    Regards.
    Noodles

Advertisement