Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Control Room Operator/Call Taker competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 dec1612

Col82 wrote: »
    Hi Dec

I completed my vetting form in August for Galway and I'm still waiting for it to clear. Was hoping I would be starting in Jan, not sure what the delay is. I'm a bit worried now. I might try calling tomorrow or Monday for an update.

You may not get a reply before jan 6th now but I think if you were out of the country for any length the vetting comes back quicker however if you hear anything back let me know pls....cheers

Hi Dec

I completed my vetting form in August for Galway and I'm still waiting for it to clear. Was hoping I would be starting in Jan, not sure what the delay is. I'm a bit worried now. I might try calling tomorrow or Monday for an update.

You may not get a reply before jan 6th now but I think if you were out of the country for any length the vetting comes back quicker however if you hear anything back let me know pls....cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Col82

dec1612 wrote: »

I did out of the country for a year so might be delaying it. Will let you know if I hear anything. Thanks

Cool thanks Col82, I will to!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Noodles1223

Anyone still waiting for vetting to come through for Dublin,also does anyone know the email address for Garda HR in relation to call taker roles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Ameliano

Hi all. New to the group. I have a start date for the 13th of January for Waterford. anyone else starting in Waterford?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Junior Blue

Very best of luck to anyone who is starting in the new year. We look forward to meeting some of Ye in the Square.

Tasty chocolatey treats go down well by the way ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Cbyrne282028

Thanks looking forward to it

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mollycasey

Anyone starting in Cork on Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 BassAckwards

Hi All,

Hope anyone that started around the various control rooms had a good first day and arent too freaked out, especially those in Harcourt Sq.

BassAckwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Noiram

Hi

has anyone got any further than vetting for Galway. My vetting cleared in Sept but I have heard nothing since. Getting really disillusioned at this stage..

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Genieb

Vetting gone though since October aswel and havent heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Has your vetting completed strand 3 or did it just complete online.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 emmadee

Started in Galway on monday. Only 2 of us. Believe another 4 to be started.

Emmadee

How are you finding it? I have just submitted my documents and hearing test.

Is all the training in Galway?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9 emmadee

Early days. Only 2 days done as going on to rota this weekend. So far so good. On the job training.

Emailed looking for an update last night they replied today saying they have the 2nd of my vetting back so just waiting on the last strand to go through my vetting is in since october so fingers crossed not too much longer to wait

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lenny45

Genieb wrote: »
    Emailed looking for an update last night they replied today saying they have the 2nd of my vetting back so just waiting on the last strand to go through my vetting is in since october so fingers crossed not too much longer to wait

Hi, what was the address that you emailed, I have been making phone calls but can’t get any info other than there is a big backlog, hoping to get into Castlebar and I know people who work there and they said they are crying out for staff right away? Thanks for any info!!

Lenny45 wrote: »
    Hi, what was the address that you emailed, I have been making phone calls but can’t get any info other than there is a big backlog, hoping to get into Castlebar and I know people who work there and they said they are crying out for staff right away? Thanks for any info!!

I emailed the address that was on the vetting email sorry this wont let me post the address as I'm a new user its the hrpd vetting hope that helps I know the feeling it's just nice to get a bit of an update on it she said that there was a delay in the last strand of the vetting

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sweetcake

Hi everyone
    I’ve received an email requesting employer references. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a start date once references are submitted? Also does anyone know if it’s possible to accept the job but defer the start date? Thanks.

• Advertisement

sweetcake wrote: »
    Hi everyone
    I’ve received an email requesting employer references. Does anyone know how long it usually takes to get a start date once references are submitted? Also does anyone know if it’s possible to accept the job but defer the start date? Thanks.

Hi was just wondering how long did your vetting take before you got the email for the references?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28 sweetcake

Genieb wrote: »
    Hi was just wondering how long did your vetting take before you got the email for the references?
    Thanks

My Garda vetting took nearly 9 months! I had a couple of UK addresses so that may have delayed it.

sweetcake wrote: »
    My Garda vetting took nearly 9 months! I had a couple of UK addresses so that may have delayed it.

Thanks for the reply still waiting on the last strand of mine to go through

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaal1

Hey everyone,
    Looking for some advice.

So I was OOM 4 for Galway and 16 for Dublin.
    I completed both vettings (stage one) one in October and one in November.

I just went to track the vetting and my vetting I did in october is non existent now as it is not recognising my tracking number and the vetting I completed in Novemver is now saying download expired on the tracking. But I have the email to say it had been completed and a disclosure had been made to the Garda HR. Has anyone any advice??
    Thank you!

Kaal1 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,
    Looking for some advice.

So I was OOM 4 for Galway and 16 for Dublin.
    I completed both vettings (stage one) one in October and one in November.

I just went to track the vetting and my vetting I did in october is non existent now as it is not recognising my tracking number and the vetting I completed in Novemver is now saying download expired on the tracking. But I have the email to say it had been completed and a disclosure had been made to the Garda HR. Has anyone any advice??
    Thank you!
    Hi

I did vetting in August and like that after a few weeks on tracking it showed download expired, I rang Hr and they confirmed this happens as the first or second strand was done and it automatically expires but it meant nothing. Mine only came back a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Kaal1

Hi

I did vetting in August and like that after a few weeks on tracking it showed download expired, I rang Hr and they confirmed this happens as the first or second strand was done and it automatically expires but it meant nothing. Mine only came back a couple of weeks ago.

Thank you so much!! Panic was setting in.
    Best of luck!!

No problem, I know it's hard waiting for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Cherylwalsh3

So what happens after you start vetting ? ie references etc.

Just got email asking for permission to contact my current employer just wondering does anyone know how long it takes to get a start date after this??
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Daryl231

Hi all, does anyone have the correct information on the pay rates from day1. Overtime and shift pay ect.

Advertisement