Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Lads, can you help me out here... I've a ready-to-go Vodafone SIM years, with number xyz, say. I've order a 48 SIM, and hope to use my xyz number. What do I do? How can I port my xyz number over to the 48 SIM. Also, I presume that when ported, I can't use the old Vodafone SIM, right?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,473 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

TheDriver wrote: »
    I find the same the gomo, I have missed calls even when I have bars. The call catcher texts come hours later.

I, my better half and my sister (who lives in the other end of the country) all have had the same experience with Gomo. Even when we seem to have a signal, still seem to miss calls constantly. Delivery people tell us they tried calling 3 or 4 times before it would get through on the 5th try!

We are hoping 48 fixes this. 3G signal seems to be 4 bars in my apartment anway, while Gomo is around 1 bar 3G.

We aren't looking for high speeds, just reliability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Lads, can you help me out here... I've a ready-to-go Vodafone SIM years, with number xyz, say. I've order a 48 SIM, and hope to use my xyz number. What do I do? How can I port my xyz number over to the 48 SIM. Also, I presume that when ported, I can't use the old Vodafone SIM, right?

When 48 SIM arrives, activate it to try it out. During activation it prompts for either NEW NUMBER or KEEP NUMBER. Pick NEW NUMBER, so that you can try it out first and leave VF number intact until you're OK with 48 coverage.

You can then port your VF number to 48 from within My48 MOVE NUMBER, you can do that next week, next month or next year. When ever you port the VF number, the VF SIM will be inactive and unusable.

The VF SIM needs to active before porting.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ismamai

fatbhoy wrote: »

When you activate the sim, it will ask you if you want to move your number or get a new one. I would first get a new one, then test that it works fine in your area. Later in the app/web there is a section to move your number into your sim. When the number is ported, old vodafone sim will stop working.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 tonguefish

Anybody seeing issues logging in to My48 today ?
    I am getting "Wrong credentials" when I try to log in and reset password tells me "invalid 48 e-mail address".
    Was working fine yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭ismamai

tonguefish wrote: »
    Anybody seeing issues logging in to My48 today ?
    I am getting "Wrong credentials" when I try to log in and reset password tells me "invalid 48 e-mail address".
    Was working fine yesterday.

It is failing for me. I thought that it was data signal, but it is failing also on wifi

On the other question, their terms say you have to have made a call, sent a text or used internet in the three months before your recruitee buys their first membership. So, on the face of it, it sounds like using the free 1GB would do that trick but I wouldn't bet my life on it!

Does the small print say "chargeable"? If you topped up by one euro and made a call / sent text...would that work...

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭hdl

Quackster wrote: »
    Exactly!

On the other question, their terms say you have to have made a call, sent a text or used internet in the three months before your recruitee buys their first membership. So, on the face of it, it sounds like using the free 1GB would do that trick but I wouldn't bet my life on it!

Thanks for your help!
    Ten Pin wrote: »
    Does the small print say "chargeable"? If you topped up by one euro and made a call / sent text...would that work...

Here's exactly what it says on the website, doesn't specify whether it has to be chargeable. In my case I think I'll buy a membership and send a couple of texts just in case. Would hate to miss out on it because it's not cut and dry in the Ts and Cs.
    Participants must have successfully made a connecting call or SMS using their 48 SIM card to any mobile, or used mobile internet using their 48 SIM card, at least once within the 3 month period immediately preceding the date on which the Recruitee purchases 48 membership.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ten Pin wrote: »
    You can't use your credit to make calls or send texts without an active membership though so that wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭the rock29

I am with eir Mobile and I am testing a 48 SIM in another phone. Ok data speeds on 48 are like night and day against eir but that depends on the area your in so far I can say call quality on 48 seems a little clearer. I am testing the SIM in south Dublin.i have read they are good in urban areas and hopefully someone in rural areas can post some test answer or in other urban areas as well thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Trying to port from Eir bill pay to 48 and get asked for the account number when filling in the port request.

Account number at the top of the Eir bill is 8 digits long but when I enter this on the 48 app to port it say it’s not long enough.

Has anyone else ported from Eir bill pay and what did you enter for the account?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

The website and app are both painfully slow. Trying to buy membership and it says this 'service is currently unavailable'

EDIT

Turns out because it was Revolut it would not process payment. Went through straight away on my CC

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭heavywater

Trying to port from Eir bill pay to 48 and get asked for the account number when filling in the port request.

Account number at the top of the Eir bill is 8 digits long but when I enter this on the 48 app to port it say it’s not long enough.

Has anyone else ported from Eir bill pay and what did you enter for the account?

Remove the leading letters. That worked for me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,464 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

The website and app are both painfully slow. Trying to buy membership and it says this 'service is currently unavailable'

EDIT

Turns out because it was Revolut it would not process payment. Went through straight away on my CC

The app is acting up today in general.
    I had to port my wife on the website. That worked and took 10 mins max.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,439 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Got my card today to test out but struggling to activate so will try again later.

Going to test out for a few days with a new number, and all going well will port over.

See some deals on vodafone if switching number, so might pick one up. Will the new 48 number receive calls/text in trial period?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭peejy

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Anyone having issues getting verification code texts from your bank or Revolut on 48? PTSB won't work for me due to SIM card being changed (number ported) but apparently it will clear after 24 hours.

Any update on this?

When I was on Tesco network, i could not get PTSB messages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

Have they stopped doing webchat support? I can't see it on the website anymore. Been waiting around 3 weeks now for a SIM to be delivered....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

danmci wrote: »
    Have they stopped doing webchat support? I can't see it on the website anymore. Been waiting around 3 weeks now for a SIM to be delivered....

Don't think so as they still have the opening hours on the website.i noticed the chat now button does disappear and come back though from time to time. Possibly between peoples shifts/breaks or something.

Web chat
    We can offer support during these times :

9am - 9pm Mon - Fri
    9am - 8pm Sat & Sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭KildareP

Chat seems best before lunchtime and very rare to see it available after.

They do not appear to monitor their support or complaint e-mails either. No response after 48 hours, not even an acknowledgment.

I was getting onto chat easily around this time before. Sounds like they are being overwhelmed now. Not a good sign

• Advertisement

I was getting onto chat easily around this time before. Sounds like they are being overwhelmed now. Not a good sign

Bound to be more questions from people who have just joined in fairness. Once people are set up they won't have any continued need to contact support frequently.

Gomo were the same at the beginning, they couldn't keep up with the demand for sim cards and their support was and still is laughable. While 48 isn't perfect they have managed to sort out the 2 issues I've faced fairly quickly and been very helpful with my noob questions.

No response after 48 hours, not even an acknowledgment.

That's where they got their name from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,542 ✭✭✭bassy

Just got my son today how do I get the 1 month free??

bassy wrote: »

Pick a referral link from the link below.
    Activate the sim.
    Buy membership. (Port your number if you want)
    You'll then get €7.99 added to your account.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057998585/1/#post114699756

what are you calling him? or do they decide for you?

what are you calling him? or do they decide for you?

Son heung min

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Szero

2 weeks ago I ordered a sim. It did not arrive after a week. I contacted 48 via Twitter. They said that there was no record that I ever ordered a sim and to re-order. I re-ordered the sim. Again, it did not arrive. I contacted 48 via Twitter. They said that there was no record that I ever ordered a sim and to re-order. I said I was unwilling to keep reordering and wanted to know what the issue was. They suggested that I give them my password and they would login and order it for me. I refused to give them my password.

WTF. Why are my orders disappearing? Any idea? Thanks.

Szero wrote: »
    2 weeks ago I ordered a sim. It did not arrive after a week. I contacted 48 via Twitter. They said that there was no record that I ever ordered a sim and to re-order. I re-ordered the sim. Again, it did not arrive. I contacted 48 via Twitter. They said that there was no record that I ever ordered a sim and to re-order. I said I was unwilling to keep reordering and wanted to know what the issue was. They suggested that I give them my password and they would login and order it for me. I refused to give them my password.

WTF. Why are my orders disappearing? Any idea? Thanks.

Strange, maybe try sign up with a new email address.

DopeTech wrote: »
    Pick a referral link from the link below.
    Activate the sim.
    Buy membership. (Port your number if you want)
    You'll then get €7.99 added to your account.

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057998585/1/#post114699756

I've already got my SIM card is there way to get the free month,as the link you sent me is a referral to order a sim.

• Advertisement

I've already got my SIM card is there way to get the free month,as the link you sent me is a referral to order a sim.

When you click on the referral link and enter your name it gives you the option to login/activate your sim. Choose this. As far as I know it should work.

Advertisement