Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭briancannon18

Anyone know correct apn settings, activated sim today and it had Tesco.liffeytelecom, did a reconfiguration from 48 website and now saying 48months.liffeytelecom, 4g seems more stable on this apn 🀔

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Can anyone confirm if the recruiter sims have to be ordered separately AFTER signing up or will the above solution by Ten Pin work?

After waiting nearly a fortnight, all three sims I ordered have arrived now and I don't want another long wait for the recruiter versions to turn up before signing us all up for the free month.

If I sign one person up first, would I be able to use the sims already here for the recruitment deal? I will order the recruiter sims again anyway to be sure.

On second thoughts, it might not work with random SIMs as each SIM card holder (the outer card with the PIN/PUK etc) has a barcode that looks different on each SIM so are potentially linked to the recruiter account before dispatch and therefore will only give the reward to the recruiter and "recreuitee" when the recruiter SIMs specifically ordered through My48 are used.

Otherwise explain the situation to 48 and see what they say but IMO waiting for the recruiter SIMs is probably the better option, there's still six weeks left to activate at 7.99.

Unless someone knows for definite that it would work...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Anyone know correct apn settings, activated sim today and it had Tesco.liffeytelecom, did a reconfiguration from 48 website and now saying 48months.liffeytelecom, 4g seems more stable on this apn ��

It's...
    48months.liffeytelecom.com

Ten Pin wrote: »
    It's...
    48months.liffeytelecom.com

Strange that it automatically went to Tesco.liffeytelecom.com when activated sim,

• Registered Users Posts: 22,004 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Strange that it automatically went to Tesco.liffeytelecom.com when activated sim,
    Yeah, but you left out the .com bit in your post! :)

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

Esel wrote: »
    Yeah, but you left out the .com bit in your post! :)

Sorted now anyway, with the 48 one, just a heads up for anyone with same issue, just delete tesco apn and use 48 one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

1 week test runs out tonight. Do I have to purchase the 7.99 membership now or can I do anytime between now and November?
    Want to port over young lads number from GoMo shortly - he's on the 12.99 bundle.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

Mr Velo wrote: »
    1 week test runs out tonight. Do I have to purchase the 7.99 membership now or can I do anytime between now and November?
    Want to port over young lads number from GoMo shortly - he's on the 12.99 bundle.
    You can buy the 7.99 subscription anytime before the offer expires.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Have a Huawei p20. Moved from Tesco Mobile. So far no probs, great value and speed test are good.
    Something strange has happened, My phones still saying Tesco Mobile on the network name.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

castle2012 wrote: »
    Have a Huawei p20. Moved from Tesco Mobile. So far no probs, great value and speed test are good.
    Something strange has happened, My phones still saying Tesco Mobile on the network name.

Got a SIM today, put it in a dual SIM Huawei P10 phone which only ever had 3 and Gomo/Eir/Voda in it, APN is the 48 APN, and the phone is showing Tesco. Going to port a GOMO number over to it and use it in a Oneplus 8, that may effect a change.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Cork981

I’ve tested out the 48 SIM to consider moving from Eir/GoMo that I’m getting for €9.99 with broadband so WiFi calling is included.

With 48 some places I’m getting +180mb, the max I’ve received on Eir was around 100mb in Cork City.

Other places I’m getting less than 0.5mb with 48 but Eir seems consistent and never less that 5-10mb during peak hours.

I have the €7.99 offer locked in now anyway so I’ll see who have the best 5G coverage and offer once the iPhone 12 is released.

Another thing is HD voice calls between operators isn’t supported, I have lots of family with Eir/GoMo so the call quality is noticeably lower between operators.

4126675517.png

Eir
    4008886655.png

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Baseball72

In terms of phone calls - when it says "all calls" - does it mean "all calls"? I'm with 3 Bill Pay and I tip over my allowance quite regularly - nearly afraid to use the damn thing......is 48 a good option?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭mac.in

Once auto-renew is set up, is the monthly cost taken off the credit-balance or from the card?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Baseball72 wrote: »
    In terms of phone calls - when it says "all calls" - does it mean "all calls"? I'm with 3 Bill Pay and I tip over my allowance quite regularly - nearly afraid to use the damn thing......is 48 a good option?

Thanks.

You get 10,000 minutes included. You will not tip over that allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭whodafunk

TheDriver wrote: »
    Testing my theory re gomo pulling their finger out, getting 30-40 again today when it had gone to 3-5 for months.
    Leaving gomo does seem hard to do but guarantee good offers will be around all the time as competition heats up. Only VF doesn't seem to care

After seeing your reply I tested yesterday on GoMo and got 30 and just now over 100...unbelievable.
    Never got anywhere near these speeds previously

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭KildareP

whodafunk wrote: »
    After seeing your reply I tested yesterday on GoMo and got 30 and just now over 100...unbelievable.
    Never got anywhere near these speeds previously
    That sort of speed would be more indicative of them having recently switched on 4G+ on your nearby cell.

Eir were rolling it out over the last while, albeit extremely slowly, maybe they're accelerating it now.

A speedtest on the wife's phone with GoMo last night was the worst yet, no more than 2Mb on 4G. However, her mobile data is still relatively usable for browsing despite the poor speeds whereas the 48 data fluctuates wildly from insane speeds to absolutely nothing at all which is far more frustrating.

They still haven't given me the 100GB membership a week on either despite having charged me for both (charged me for the 100GB membership to log the ticket and then I had to top up €10 to activate the 40GB just so I could use the phone).

Come the 1st October there'll be a GoMo SIM on its way back to me again at this rate...

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

mac.in wrote: »
    Once auto-renew is set up, is the monthly cost taken off the credit-balance or from the card?
    From the card as you might want the credit balance there for usage not included in your monthly plan (premium, international, non-EEA roaming).

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Beware - Up North today roaming with 48 and no access to 4G on any network. Only 3G coverage never had this problem with GoMo... Should have tested 48 before jumping ship.

No help from support apart from the usual turn your phone off etc.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Beware - Up North today roaming with 48 and no access to 4G on any network. Only 3G coverage never had this problem with GoMo... Should have tested 48 before jumping ship.

What 3g speeds were you getting?

DopeTech wrote: »
    What 3g speeds were you getting?

Where I am sitting now 10 down 2 up the latest form support is I don't need 4G as H+ is the same thing!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

5mb as opposed to 35mb on Gomo.

Hardly worth the few quid per month.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

kneemos wrote: »
    5mb as opposed to 35mb on Gomo.

Hardly worth the few quid per month.
    Yeah, I wouldn't rush to switch from GoMo €9.99 plan just for the sake of saving €2 a month if GoMo is working well for you.

Am personally happy out on this new 48 plan though. No issues so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Just for balance here, I was in Newry two weeks ago and my own mobile (Vodafone) had 4G and my work mobile 3 only had 3G but both phones had problems staying on any of the UK networks for some reason. A huge amount of the time I had no service on either mobile... I was in Germany a few months ago and GoMo roaming was flawless and the 3 phone kept failing on me

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Just for balance here, I was in Newry two weeks ago and my own mobile (Vodafone) had 4G and my work mobile 3 only had 3G but both phones had problems staying on any of the UK networks for some reason. A huge amount of the time I had no service on either mobile... I was in Germany a few months ago and GoMo roaming was flawless and the 3 phone kept failing on me

Was On GoMo before I switched roamed on EE up north no issues, Vodafone work phone here beside me no problems with 4G today anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭KildareP

Second day this week I have had to reboot the phone due to no data connectivity. Come back GoMo, all is forgiven!

KildareP wrote: »
    Second day this week I have had to reboot the phone due to no data connectivity. Come back GoMo, all is forgiven!

Had the same yesterday coming back form Galway lost all signal till I rebooted. Sorry I left GoMo now I was expecting the same coverage as 3 before I left for GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

KildareP wrote: »

Happened to me yesterday morning going to work on the luas on Naas Road. Network was never great to begin with, but I'd say its creaking under all the new sign ups.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Happened to me yesterday morning going to work on the luas on Naas Road. Network was never great to begin with, but I'd say its creaking under all the new sign ups.

The more I hear the more I think i'll definitely be moving elsewhere. Just not sure where yet. That's a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

I was in Belfast last week and had no bother connecting to 02 UK. Speeds were better than down south too in fairness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

Ordered 4 sims on the 11th of Sept, still not got them. 48.ie are basically Three so that explains the service or lack of.

Advertisement